What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Today was very beautiful, sky was clear but it was cold, never more than 60, and down to the high 40s at night; there is supposed to be more rain before the weekend, oh please yes, we need the rain so badly. Staying inside but will have to venture out tomorrow to get a sticker for my car, right now it's free but after New Year they start charging $25.00, I need the sticker to get through the guard arms at the gate in this gated community. I also need to prune the second part of the grape vine, I ran out of steam after doing half of it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
OMGoodness, Tuesday was simply gorgeous. After a bit of a shower in the morning, the sun broke through and we were up close to 60 degrees! It felt wonderful.

Back to reality today, although temps are to be a wee bit above normal, in the high 30s.

There's something going 'round about a possible really heavy snowfall coming to the northeast in the next couple of days; our local weatherweenies are saying only about an inch or so, if that, on Thursday morning; the national weatherweenies are talking a heavy snow. I guess we'll find out in the next couple days.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It rained mostly today and got up to 47. It's 37 now and it is suppose to get wendy today and with the wind chill factor it is suppose to get down to the 20's.

I'm ready for some snow. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had a brief snow squall during the night that left about 1/2-inch on the ground. Must have been a wee bit slippery out because the PennDOT truck went by our house about an hour ago. 

33 degrees (feels like 25) with a high of 36 expected. Wind is at 15 mph. Rick says it's cold out there. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
we got slammed with snow. I think there's almost 2 feet out there. started yesterday morning. rained at the coast but I am far enough inland that it stayed snow. got home around 5ish and it was snowing at a good clip. 3 inches. then at 8 the furnace died=too much snow for the vents-so up on the roof-omg. I think there was a good 12 inches or more of snow. cleared the snow on that part of the roof-got the furnace running-then it snowed hard for another 3 hours. this morning both cars totally buried. The snow was up to my knees and my truck door wouldn't open because of too much snow. Jon snow blowed to let me out but I told him I got 4 wheel. I told him I will just rock it back and forth until I  get it out. He didn't want me to leave tire tracks of snow packed down. lol. I  still had to use 4 wheel to get out-there was still enough snow under the edges of the truck that we were stuck. so push the button for 4 wheel and off I go.  used a kitchen broom to clear the snow from the roof. What a pain in the butt. So yes the town plowed the roads just fine but the state must have been sleeping at the wheels because the roads on the highways sucked. it was like they just plowed a few times and said forget it. Pretty sad when my rinky dink town roads are bare pavement but the state highway doesn't know how to plow. they must have burned through their socalled budget for snow removal already. What a joke. We pay tolls on that road too. the snow was very pretty. but the closer I got to the coast the less snow there was. So yes we got slammed with almost 2 feet of snow in a few hours.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We had rain yesterday with a small coating of snow last night. Made for very ice roads, driveways and walks.. The state did a good job around here. I do not know about how the city did.. it is slippery.. waiting for it to melt a bit, form the sun before I dump some trash. I did have to drive out to the dealership.. there was a thick layer of ice on the cars..

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
It's in the low 40's here today and sunny.  But...starting tomorrow rain, with a possibility of some nasty thunderstorms too and a high near 70. This is NOT our normal weather pattern. 

I left work early Wednesday--and luckily I did.  It was warm here and storms moved in, every car in the work parking lot was beaten by hail the size of golf balls.  They said they sky turned black and it began sounding like rocks dropping on the roof--which it was.  A few had their windows broken.  I live an hour southwest of work, so I was safely out of range when this hit, thank goodness.

Again--this is NOT our usual late December weather, which is scary.  Some of our worst tornadoes that caused massive damage have happened in mid-winter when warm air suddenly moves through.

Here is a pic of the hail in our outside break area.  That is hail--check out the size.  Every car in the parking lot has dimples and dings.  I guess the auto body shops will have a booming start to the new year.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It warmed up to 35 degrees at evening and started raining water, just great, it is supposed to be below 0F in few days and I would really like thick snow cover when it is that cold, but instead it seems we are going to have only ice, which means it will be really cold week or two.

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Snow... last few days Right now .. 28 degrees.. last few mornings my ride in to the office has been a knuckle biter!.. Suburb outside of Buffalo NY Lancaster.. grew up here had over seven feet last year fire company had to come clear my deck snow pushing on my slider patio doors in my bedroom they were gonna break ... but we couldn't even get back there to clear ourselves.. ripped the gutters right off my house from the snow weight.. im used to snow.. its the driving in it and the ice i dont like.. We have beautiful Seasons here.. and the Buffalo Bills.. dont get me started.. hahah 

Status
Not open for further replies.