What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It sure is cold out. 30 this morning with windchill at 22. it is still windy. The air was so dry I had no frost on my windshield for a change. Sunny with clouds today. Supposed to get more snow tomorrow-sounds like a dusting so nothing big. It went from 60 degrees right down to 30 during the day. Too cold.

I wonder if people settled because they were tired from traveling and ran out of food/supplies. Maybe they were going to camp out for the season and in the spring move on. Then they built their homes etc and decided it was better to be settled than to move to the unknown. Back then people thought the earth was flat. and probably didn't know to move on.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People who settled anywhere in the US knew what they were doing. The US had been somewhat mapped (Lewis and Clark) and by then nobody thought the Earth was flat. The ones who settled here did so because the land is rich for farming. They killed and oppressed the Natives for rights to this land. They didn't do that just because they got sick of traveling :tongue2:. So, yes, they knew that Southern California existed. But most of the good farmland is here.

It RAINED all day yesterday. Well, I'm glad it wasn't snow. But still, that's weird. Today is supposed to be about the same temp (40-ish), but dry. Not too bad.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
People who settled anywhere in the US knew what they were doing. The US had been somewhat mapped (Lewis and Clark) and by then nobody thought the Earth was flat. The ones who settled here did so because the land is rich for farming. They killed and oppressed the Natives for rights to this land. They didn't do that just because they got sick of traveling
. So, yes, they knew that Southern California existed. But most of the good farmland is here.

It RAINED all day yesterday. Well, I'm glad it wasn't snow. But still, that's weird. Today is supposed to be about the same temp (40-ish), but dry. Not too bad.
I was talking about the VERY original people  , you know, the ones who came across the Bering Strait and eventually went all the way to Patagonia, would have thought they would have stayed where the weather was fine. In Europe it was the same thing even before that, when Neanderthals  and later Cro-Magnons roamed the Earth. They came from Africa through the Fertile Crescent to Europe and spread all over. Again, I question why they did not stay where it was warm instead of spreading to places like Norway and JTbo's Finland, Central Russia and Mongolia. There were not that many people there to need all that land. Much later population pressure may have been the reason but still not to such extreme weather. I guess I'm just a wimp. 

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I was talking about the VERY original people  , you know, the ones who came across the Bering Strait and eventually went all the way to Patagonia, would have thought they would have stayed where the weather was fine. In Europe it was the same thing even before that, when Neanderthals  and later Cro-Magnons roamed the Earth. They came from Africa through the Fertile Crescent to Europe and spread all over. Again, I question why they did not stay where it was warm instead of spreading to places like Norway and JTbo's Finland, Central Russia and Mongolia. There were not that many people there to need all that land. Much later population pressure may have been the reason but still not to such extreme weather. I guess I'm just a wimp. 
I'm a wimp too. I would have headed straight for someplace warm- hopefully one that served drinks with little umbrellas in them. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
 I would only last if I had a sturdy structure and plenty of wood for burning and umm...no. I wouldn't last.

Any of you watch that show about 21 days-naked and afraid?? Oh man that would be scary!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I would only last if I had a sturdy structure and plenty of wood for burning and umm...no. I wouldn't last.

Any of you watch that show about 21 days-naked and afraid?? Oh man that would be scary!
Naked and afraid? What was it about?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naked and afraid? What was it about?
A reality show, they dropped 2 people---a man and a woman, who didn't know each other previously---at a location with no clothes and no supplies, to survive for 21 days. I'm sure it was all as real as any reality show but it was entertaining anyway :lol3:.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A reality show, they dropped 2 people---a man and a woman, who didn't know each other previously---at a location with no clothes and no supplies, to survive for 21 days. I'm sure it was all as real as any reality show but it was entertaining anyway :lol3:.
And where was this? How could they survive without supplies?

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you noticed how much warmer your local temps all of sudden feel? :D

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
And where was this? How could they survive without supplies?
from what I see in the synopsis it was filmed mostly in warm places where at least the lack of clothing is no problem although  there were a few where it gets really cold. I don't watch reality shows, the discovery channel is topped by NatGeo anytime where there is a series that shows real people living permanently in places like the Ho Forest on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State and how they cope Those are NOT reality shows but real life living off the grid. Not my cup of tea but to each his/her own..

Status
Not open for further replies.