What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat    I know what you mean.. the rain makes my apartment feel damp and chilly. I put the heat on, just to get the chill out, and then shut it off at night.

I love to open the windows up just a bit, during the morning, so I can air it out; I love fresh air.. it just feels so good.

I shut the windows around 1pm; by 3pm I usually get chilly. I will put the heat on briefly. I shut it off when I close the insulated drapes, cuddle up on the recliner with a fleece throw, Artie either comes over to curl up on my lap, or I go over, pick him up and put him on my lap....he keeps me warm.. That is until he either gets hungry, or I have to desperately go to the bathroom...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Woke up to snow flurries this morning, winter has arrived!  Temp. is 35 and windy today.  Guess I have to get out my winter coat and gloves.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 69 and sunny here in Maryland. Tonight it is suppose to get very windy and cold. We are suppose to have a wind chill factor in the 20's.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Snow and ice. We left our kids' house below Lancaster around 3:30 or so and the temperature down there was around 54 degrees. It steadily dropped during our 2-hour ride home and is now 37 degrees here. We hit rain, but it rapidly changed over to snow and ice pellets. PennDOT just drove by; they're treating our road now. It may get ugly tonight. I'm glad we are home safe.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
It's been overcast and around 60F all day. We're supposed to get rain but so far we got about 25 drops :lol3: earlier today and nothing since. It's getting darker out though so maybe we'll still see some rain tonight. :cross:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter finally hit us, and hard! Yesterday was terrible. Not a lot of snow (well, one town says they got 9 1/2 inches! But most places only got 2"- 4"), but the wind was blowing 40 mph, so the snow was blowing all over, plus the temp was hovering right around freezing so it was very slick. Warm enough to melt a little then cold enough to freeze up, yuck! Driving to work was bad but coming hom from work was worse. The mail carriers tried to deliver but had to come back due to zero visibility. They even called the plows in after a couple ended up in the ditch.

Fortunately the wind stopped overnight and they sent the plows out so it was a lot easier to get to work this morning. There was still a lot of frozen snowpack but it was much better than yesterday.

It is supposed to warm up a little later this week. Probably not back to the 70s, lol, but 50s are OK too.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
34 and windy! I was awoken this morning to my 4 year old yelling it snowed it snowed!! Yes we got a dusting last night.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning it was 33 degrees! Very windy. It's sunny now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 41 degrees at 10:30 aM... that should be the high for the day.. windy, drizzly, a retched day... Tomorrow is going to be worse.. colder and windier...

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently 32 degrees in Northfield, and dropping. Clear, not nearly as windy as it was the last couple of days. Yep, still sleeping with my window cracked open a bit - made for a really great sleep!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Hey, it's RAINING!!! Not heavy, at least not here although I hear water going down the gutter pipe,  but the weather man says it's heavy in LA county, 1/4 inch or more in some places, here it has been drizzling and there is supposed to be thunderstorm tonight. The rivers which are usually dry and have been until now are supposed to be flooding once the water comes pouring down off the mountains. Wherever we had fires earlier there is a danger of mud slides. Snow is supposed to be in the mountains but never down here where it will be 54 tonight, it never got over 60 today. Has winter arrived in SoCal? Sun for the rest of the week is in the forecast with temps in the low 70s. That's usual for Thanksgiving here.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 31 with a "real feel" of 19 degrees with lots of wind and snow flurries. Brrrrr. I'm not really ready for cold weather.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
woke up to 2" of snow. Sat in traffic for 90 minutes. normally 25 minute commute. I think they forgot to salt the roads. I hopped off the highway at the beginning of stopped traffic. I would have run out of gas. Got a quick bite to eat because I knew it was going to be an hour wait. And they only had a dusting in the south coast area. I heard there were at least 14 accidents all over NH. There were 3 in the area I was driving through. Took some pictures of pretty farm land in Dover. It's cold and glad I dug out my winter coat. I need to dig out my gloves for next time. My hands froze trying to get the snow off my big truck that I need an extra long scrapper to reach the middle of the windshield. The wind blew most of it off. 30 degrees at 6:30 and sun just rising. Beautiful all around. But TOO early for this crap!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to open the windows up just a bit, during the morning, so I can air it out; I love fresh air.. it just feels so good.
I do too. Am always amazed on my daily walk by the number of houses who never ever open a window.

Clear

79.5 °F

Stop right now. Don't you have a swimming pool to clean or something? :lol3:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woke up to snow flurries this morning, winter has arrived!  Temp. is 35 and windy today.  Guess I have to get out my winter coat and gloves.
We've got the exact same thing. And, for the first time, the dreaded snow word is in the forecast. Is it August yet?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do too. Am always amazed on my daily walk by the number of houses who never ever open a window.
Stop right now. Don't you have a swimming pool to clean or something?

Nope. it's a balmy 72.6 and clear today. This is how mother nature makes it up to us for our brutal summers. 

Status
Not open for further replies.