What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
They are doing their cat duty=surveying to make sure no enemies...

Let the cat out

Let the cat in

Let the cat out

Let the cat in

See a pattern??? 

Sweet Honeybee is the same...Friday it was rainy=she whined at the door to go out. I open the door. She darts out and sits under table in rain...then give her a few minutes she darts back in. Then 15 min later= MEOW!! Let me OUT!!

I open the door=the rain is dripping down outside door-nope she sticks her head out and a raindrop pelts her on the head-that cat turned around and ran back into the house like her backend was on fire...
  I tried to warn her. Same thing when it gets cold. She wants out..then only a minute later nope open the door. We built them a window seat out by the window=sometimes we open the window and let her out that way. Usually in minutes she comes running back=you hear the unmistakable thud of a cat jumping down from said kitchen window onto counter onto the floor and comes running up to us on our couch to beg for treats-she has it down to a science. She softly meows at Jon until he gives in...then she hops back up on her window perch and watches the goings ons for a few minutes..then jumps down onto deck and explores for about 10-15 min and comes back..She Is spoiled rotten. Especially since daddy built her a shelf outside by her favorite window.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I know that number too - always on the wrong side of every door. So I installed a cat door next to the patio door.

this is looking from the outside , patio door is closed and the cat door is on the left

Everyone learned to use it within one day besides the Persian - she will sit there  and meow and pat the door but won't come through the cat door either way. I've shown her over and over how to come through that door and she just won't learn. She must be stupid, although she is not stupid about other things.. Once she was out on the patio all night, I had forgotten that she was out there. No worry, it's on the second floor.

I've got all the windows on the patio closed, with the sun shining through from sunrise to about 2 pm it gets nice and warm there and the cats just love to hang out there. It rained all last night and on and off all day, never got over 55 but the air is clean and the ground has been leached off all the salts and whatever has settled there for a long time. My potted plants in front of the door got a good soaking and have already started to push out new leaves because of it.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, internet says that those Persians are intelligent ones, as we all know, laziness is the sign of higher intelligence, why to open the door when there is human that will serve as a door opener? :lol3:

First when cat door was installed they used it no problem, then one stopped using the door and soon others followed the trait. Two seem to be using the cat doors more, but especially one is very stubborn, he goes as far as acting of trying to find spot to pee on unless I open the door, or even if I open the cat door is enough.

Then again, that same cat likes to sit on computer mouse when I'm using the mouse, I guess I should go out with him and toss the ball with him, which he would not be interested even a bit, or at least acts like that, but it is cold out there and pitch black too, sometimes there is just no telling what they are after :D

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are getting some much-needed rain today and it's to continue into Wednesday as well; we could get almost an inch of rain in the next couple of days. We need it; we are bone-dry.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
08:54:54;17.00;35.00;-19.12

That is 62.6 degrees indoor while -2.4 degrees outdoors this morning.

Indoor temp was decreasing 1C every 25 minutes or so during last night.

I like cooking with wood over cooking with electricity, but some foods that need longer cooking time tend to bring up indoor temps a bit, for example here is now over 100 degrees at shoulder level, while only 57 degrees at toe level, with colder weather floor goes below freezing while ceiling is hot as sand in Sahara.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got a bunch of rain last night. I was reading a book on my Kindle with Lily snuggled up next to me. 

Today is more of the usual. 74.6 degrees and clear, 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
freezing rain at my house this morning. 30 degrees. then at work it was no rain and 35 degrees. Go figure. I am sure it's a skating rink back home. Only 20+ miles and look how big of a change! supposed to get heavy downpours this afternoon.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally spent enough time at front of screen so that I could write my software to draw 24 hours of temperature data from my sensors in real time, those are European units, orange indoor temp at chin height, blue indoor relative humidity and bottom one is outdoor temp.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clear, very windy, gusts up to 40 mph blowing out of the desert which means very
, down in the high 40s but feels colder because it is so dry. Fire warnings, that bit of rain last week did not make much of an impact. It's hot toddy weather, maybe even grog weather for those of us who like to go sailing. Got the heater going, wearing two sweaters and fuzzy slippers and my hands are still cold. Where is Chamouti? He would make a good muff with all that fur, probably sleeping under the big chair. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Windy, up to 80mph wind gusts according to the weather people, downed trees and power lines, trash blowing all over,  clear, blue skies, cold, 60F but we freeze here when it's under 70F, dry, fire danger, big rigs and other high vehicles overturned by wind, maybe for another day. I could hear the wind whistling and howling through every crack in the building, somebody's wind chimes rang all night, kitties under the covers with me keeping me warm and they were safe from all the noise in the trees which dumped their leaves all over the walk ways for me to sweep up just to dump more. We call these the Santa Ana Winds as they roar out of the desert through the Santa Ana Canyons, bone dry, making your skin itch and your sinuses complain. In the summer they bring blazing temps, 100F and more, during the winter they are cold but still dry and sometimes get so cold that the orange  and avocado trees suffer from freezing temps during the night. Neither one is welcome, they only last for less than a week.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
La Habra doesn't get the wind too much.

I'm right down the road from Yorba Linda, which does get the wind, whoo-ee! ("Wind Tunnel" in Spanish?)

Status
Not open for further replies.