What's the weather and temperature like where you live??

Do you like the weather where you live?

• Yes I love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I detest it

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 32 F here with a forecast of 3-5" of snow, 100% chance. This would be the first snow of the winter; I see the first few flakes now. It's dark and gloomy; it seems like we haven't seen the sun in weeks.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elevator weather, from 19 degrees to -4 degrees and back to 19 degrees in 24 hours, going to be 40 degrees after midnight according to forecast and again at 0 degrees 24 hours after that.

Heavy snowing at the moment, 4 white cats spotted, which were 4 rather wet cats shortly after coming back indoors.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

La Habra doesn't get the wind too much.

I'm right down the road from Yorba Linda, which does get the wind, whoo-ee! ("Wind Tunnel" in Spanish?)
It was blowing all the way to the beach. I don't know if it blew through the canyons or over Saddleback, but even here it rattled shingles and blew down trees, some signs came crashing down, itwas a mess, I'm glad it's over for now. 

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

It's 32 F here with a forecast of 3-5" of snow, 100% chance. This would be the first snow of the winter; I see the first few flakes now. It's dark and gloomy; it seems like we haven't seen the sun in weeks.
When I heard the weather forecast on the morning news I drove to the gas station to fill up the tank before work tomorrow.  They haven't done the best job cleaning the streets here, I think they waited too long, and I heard we got 4-6" of snow.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

When I heard the weather forecast on the morning news I drove to the gas station to fill up the tank before work tomorrow.  They haven't done the best job cleaning the streets here, I think they waited too long, and I heard we got 4-6" of snow.
There was definitely more snow than I expected.  When I listened to the weather forecast on the news around 8am while I was getting ready for work I heard 2-3 inches.  I was really surprised by the amount of snow when I left work at 5:30 pm. Hubby dropped me off and picked me up from work today.  I hope the main street in my sub-division gets plowed before tomorrow morning.  It had not been touched yet when I came home from work.  Our driveways were not touched yet either.  The city takes care of the streets and a company hired by the association takes care of the drive ways and walkways.  They also plow the streets too.  I am thinking that it will happen later tonight since it looks like it stopped snowing finally. 

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

There was definitely more snow than I expected.  When I listened to the weather forecast on the news around 8am while I was getting ready for work I heard 2-3 inches.  I was really surprised by the amount of snow when I left work at 5:30 pm. Hubby dropped me off and picked me up from work today.  I hope the main street in my sub-division gets plowed before tomorrow morning.  It had not been touched yet when I came home from work.  Our driveways were not touched yet either.  The city takes care of the streets and a company hired by the association takes care of the drive ways and walkways.  They also plow the streets too.  I am thinking that it will happen later tonight since it looks like it stopped snowing finally. 
Growing up in Chicago my first memory of winter and street cleaning in the city was my dad shoveling out his parking space and putting a chair in it to save his spot when he came from work.  It's a Chicago tradition!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roller coaster (outdoor temp) has started to come down already, tomorrow morning should be at bottom again.

It seems not to matter what outdoor temp is, my indoor temp is going to be same every morning no matter what, there are some serious air leaks in this old building.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Growing up in Chicago my first memory of winter and street cleaning in the city was my dad shoveling out his parking space and putting a chair in it to save his spot when he came from work.  It's a Chicago tradition!

I remember people saving shoveled out parking spaces when I lived in Chicago.  We live in the suburbs now and thankfully have a garage to park in.  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
@JTbo  I'm sure you have a reason for all of this, but personally I don't care as long as I can stay reasonably warm when I'm inside and I bundle up with layers of clothing when I'm forced to go outside. Anything under 65 is too darn cold for me.LOL. I've become a wimp living in Southern California

to me! It's my birthday today and NOBODY called me, not even my children, well, my daughter called me YESTERDAY and a friend took me out for dinner and brought me a present a week ago because she knew she would be out of town this week. So I cleaned house all day and forgot all about it until now.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@JTbo
 I'm sure you have a reason for all of this, but personally I don't care as long as I can stay reasonably warm when I'm inside and I bundle up with layers of clothing when I'm forced to go outside. Anything under 65 is too darn cold for me.LOL. I've become a wimp living in Southern California

.:bday:  to me! It's my birthday today and NOBODY called me, not even my children, well, my daughter called me YESTERDAY and a friend took me out for dinner and brought me a present a week ago because she knew she would be out of town this week. So I cleaned house all day and forgot all about it until now.
At chin level, my indoor temps might seem high, but I moved sensor to 34" from floor and temp hardly gets above 20C anymore, so at chin level there is hot while toes are freezing and somewhere between the two is kind of ok. Again in -5 degrees today and I guess tomorrow going to be above freezing. 65? My toes are seeing that hot perhaps next summer :lol3:

I actually like from nobody remembering my birthday, I don't get reminded about how old I'm getting :D

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is how it is here at bright noon:

Sun barely touches ground, most of the time there are too many trees to even see the sun, bit over 5 hours from sunrise to sunset. Bit over 2 hours after the noon temperature is already falling as sun is setting and I need to grab another pair of wool socks as floor is starting to feel even more cold, they should make bigger sizes so that I could fit 3rd pair...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy belated Birthday, @segelkatt

Oh, JTbo, so pretty! 

It was 25 degrees this morning and frost was everywhere. I had to start the car and let it fun for a few minutes to clear the windows a bit. 

Rick took Jackie out for her first morning pee; he came back in and Whew! It's Cold out there! 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@JTbo  I'm sure you have a reason for all of this, but personally I don't care as long as I can stay reasonably warm when I'm inside and I bundle up with layers of clothing when I'm forced to go outside. Anything under 65 is too darn cold for me.LOL. I've become a wimp living in Southern California

to me! It's my birthday today and NOBODY called me, not even my children, well, my daughter called me YESTERDAY and a friend took me out for dinner and brought me a present a week ago because she knew she would be out of town this week. So I cleaned house all day and forgot all about it until now.

I wish father time would forget my birthday. I usually try to hide from him but he always seems to find me. I hope you have a great day! Treat yourself to something! 

ETA- I guess it would be good if I mentioned the weather in the weather thread 

Overcast and 77 degrees. Headed for a high of 85. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

They do this in Boston too. I remember seeing this on the news last winter. it snowed so much that plows didn't plow some of the side streets. I think that was 2 years ago. I would be ticked off if the fire trucks couldn't get down my street to put out a fire..that was the main complaint from people-no way for services to get there if they need them. The cars were buried in the snow and there was about a foot or more of snow-you wouldn't be able to drive through even if you wanted to. Not sure why someone didn't grab someone with a plow and just take care of it-that's what I would have done-got many friends who have a plow on their truck-have them swing down and push it out of the way.

Yesterday looks like we got 3-4 inches of wet yucky snow. Jon shoveled the driveway but didn't do a walkway for the cats. Maybe we will get a few warm days and it will melt. it was 21 degrees this morning. Needed the winter coat. Someone said we were getting more flurries-I didn't see any. it was just getting light out when I pulled in at work. People were driving so darn slow. the roads were bone dry. not sure what their problem was. Welcome to idiots who drive slow and hold up traffic on the highways. All it takes is one bonehead. only 2 lanes through the main part of the city. In my neck of the woods they expanded it and it's 3 and 4 lanes wide=then back to 2. they should have made it 3 lanes all the way to Portsmouth. Sigh.

Segelkatt-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy belated Birthday, @segelkatt
:party2:  :cake:

Oh, JTbo, so pretty! :nod:

It was 25 degrees this morning and frost was everywhere. I had to start the car and let it fun for a few minutes to clear the windows a bit. 

Rick took Jackie out for her first morning pee; he came back in and Whew! It's Cold out there! :cold:
Beautiful and dangerous, starts to be -6 degrees now (-21C) so we are going to have one cold night. 48 degrees at the floor, 62 degrees at the desk and 72 degrees at chin level, not a surprise that cats have taken solid hold of my elevated bed :lol3:

Also looks like my camera has gotten quite bit of dust to sensor :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Jtbo-beautiful, there was still snow stuck to some of the trees down my road but it was too dark to take pictures. It will be gone by the time I get home. I can't believe it was 21 this morning!! No wonder I kept the heat set at 65 last night-and Miss Honeybee crawled up on me to snuggle on her red velvet blanket...she stayed on my chest most of the night..woke up around 3ish and she was already gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.