What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My niece sent me a really, really sweet thank you card. :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my medicine
I got my hair done
Blighty spent time on my lap purring.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my medicine
I got my hair done
Blighty spent time on my lap purring.
One positive thing I can say about the last 24hrs, is that  @stewball....just now reminded me that I should drop by the pharmacy and pick up my prescription from two days ago.....Who would have thought that a "cat site" would remind me of things that I have forgotten....lol....

Another positive, is that I got alot of work done and still have energy for more.....I love these type of days....so tomorrow i may crash....but today was "productive".

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got great advice from friends on TCS and now I'm just waiting for Monday to come and then I'm going to by myself a kitchenAid mixer. That will make two positive days of excitement to get something new. It's got me polishing up my whole kitchen to welcome it! So a sparkling clean kitchen is another positive ;)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One positive thing I can say about the last 24hrs, is that  @stewball....just now reminded me that I should drop by the pharmacy and pick up my prescription from two days ago.....Who would have thought that a "cat site" would remind me of things that I have forgotten....lol....:idea:

Another positive, is that I got alot of work done and still have energy for more.....I love these type of days....so tomorrow i may crash....but today was "productive".:woohoo:  

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were supposed to get 50 mile an hour winds yesterday and hours of more rain.  No wind and rain for about ten minutes.  It is 50 degrees out now.

Odd how all my positives lately have been about the weather! 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I can ship you some! 

Right after I wrote that, the skies opened up.  My yard looks and feels like a bog!

We were supposed to get 50 mile an hour winds yesterday and hours of more rain.  No wind and rain for about ten minutes.  It is 50 degrees out now.

Odd how all my positives lately have been about the weather! 
Okay, don't start yelling at me....lol.....but I think that I now have to run out to Home Depot and get some storm shutters and duct tape....because if I recall.... AFTER you wrote your last post the weather just "turned".  So I am thinking now that you may be a fairly accurate weather forecaster in that as soon as you type it....it shows up.....LOL....They predict like half the time as accurate up here in ontario....so I will rather go with your  methods of forecast.  You can let the fur fly now....lol.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, don't start yelling at me....lol.....but I think that I now have to run out to Home Depot and get some storm shutters and duct tape....because if I recall.... AFTER you wrote your last post the weather just "turned".  So I am thinking now that you may be a fairly accurate weather forecaster in that as soon as you type it....it shows up.....LOL....They predict like half the time as accurate up here in ontario....so I will rather go with your  methods of forecast.  You can let the fur fly now....lol.:cold:  
Okay, don't start yelling at me....lol.....but I think that I now have to run out to Home Depot and get some storm shutters and duct tape....because if I recall.... AFTER you wrote your last post the weather just "turned".  So I am thinking now that you may be a fairly accurate weather forecaster in that as soon as you type it....it shows up.....LOL....They predict like half the time as accurate up here in ontario....so I will rather go with your  methods of forecast.  You can let the fur fly now....lol.:cold:  
Too funny! I did not spend money on getting the yard graded this summer because I was positive we'd then have a drought. So that tells how good my predicting skills are! Heck, if I was that good, I'd work on the lottery numbers!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The sun is shining and the snow is melting. :)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Too funny! I did not spend money on getting the yard graded this summer because I was positive we'd then have a drought. So that tells how good my predicting skills are! Heck, if I was that good, I'd work on the lottery numbers!
Wait.  Did you post that you would have a drought?  Because then my theory would be correct, in that once you have written it.....the weather "turns"....lol.  You posted that as soon as you wrote "sunshine", the skies opened up....lol.   

But on a serious note, for fun, just randomly pick six numbers from 2 to 49, and I promise to play them this saturday, and if we win, I will split the winnings with you.....LOL.    This theory will not work, because I just realized that once you have written them down, they will not show up.....Oh, Well.....back to the old drawing board.
  and the Weather Channel.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Wait.  Did you post that you would have a drought?  Because then my theory would be correct, in that once you have written it.....the weather "turns"....lol.  You posted that as soon as you wrote "sunshine", the skies opened up....lol.   
 Is that the way it works?  Okay, then:  SUNSHINE, SUNSHINE, SUNSHINE!!!!   We need rain here!!  

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Is that the way it works?  Okay, then:  SUNSHINE, SUNSHINE, SUNSHINE!!!!   We need rain here!!  
No, sorry @betsygee   this only seems to work for Ondine, and I have not figured out why.....lol...

I sure hope you get the rain you need in california, but if I ever go on vacation there, I would want the SUNSHINE, SUNSHINE,   maybe some rain just to cool things off. (night time only, please. but no landslides or earthquakes.)

I think the positive is we can all laugh about it a little, because it sure beats getting mad.

California, is on my "bucket list".

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This ones a little boring but last night I ironed until 11.30pm and finished the whole lot! Yay! I love having the ironing basket empty. It makes me feel happy :) I am easily contented ;)

ckdkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just had a huge cuddle session with Indie, who is normally not a lap cat - yay, Indie!

All of these have made me smile - a great thread to look at on a cloudy day. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our back door ( timber) swelled when it rained a couple of years ago and never shrank back. It's the perfect entrance but we don't use it because it's been too annoying. At this very moment a tradesman is fixing it!!! Hooray!!

furlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love this thread. 

I joined TCS, which has been very exciting, the cats are doing amazingly with the canned/dry kibble to raw homemade food transition, and there is nice weather here in Denmark today. So many things to be happy about. 

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, Denmark?! What is it like living in that country? Amazing how the Internet makes it such a small world nowadays... :)
Well I guess my positive thing is I have made it this far thru the winter without one cold/flu (refuse flu shots & don't trust ingredients) & believe drinking 16+ oz. of 100% cranberry pomegranate juice per day is taking the credit... Also this being the worst winter I can ever remember in Cleveland, to still be in one piece driving around today is VERY positive! :D

furlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oooh, Denmark?! What is it like living in that country? Amazing how the Internet makes it such a small world nowadays...
The Danes are known to the world for being the happiest people in the world, and here in Copenhagen it is definitely true.
 A lot of people ride bicycles instead of cars here to navigate because we all live right next to each other. There's normally very chilly weather here.

Today - I just an amazing bunch of thank you cards from the humane society where I volunteer at because they had 260 adoptions today - a record! 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Today - I just an amazing bunch of thank you cards from the humane society where I volunteer at because they had 260 adoptions today - a record! 
That news just made my day, because whenever I hear of any animals getting adopted and finding homes, it makes me happy!  Excellent work. 

Status
Not open for further replies.