What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There is so much gloom and doom out in the world right now that many people are focusing on the negative and not the positives. So let's think about the positives for a minute. What's one positive thing that's happened to you in the past 24 hours?

For me, I welcomed the New Year with my husband.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a quiet New Year's Eve.  None of the kitties are having health issues at the moment (knock on wood) and hubby's finally getting over the bad cold he had.  All is peaceful on this bright shiny first day of the new year.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The house is almost back to normal. We did get everything down, but the tree in the living room.

I'm going to say something here and please don't take this negatively. I think that, in a way, it's a positive thing.

Since Bootser died on Saturday, the cats are fairly calm in the morning. I'm getting more sleep. I thought that after years and years of dealing with Bootser at 3:30 in the morning, that I'd be so attuned to early mornings that I'd automatically awaken and not be able to go back to sleep even after she passed. Well, I do wake up, but within a few minutes I've fallen asleep again. That started Sunday morning; I never got out of bed until 7:30. That's been almost unheard of around here. We joked about Bootser letting us sleep in until 5:30 on Christmas morning, that that was her Christmas present to is. And while Rick is awakening around 5:00 or so for work, it's because he's so used to getting up at 5:00 that he just does it. 

Me? Well, if he doesn't awaken me, I don't wake up.....I'm simply not hearing much of anything anymore. Rick said he can tell already that I'm getting some extra sleep. And he can also tell that it's a lot calmer around here since Bootser has passed. It used to be that she would start screaming really early and I'd get up around 3:30 and go to the treadmill in the basement just so I wouldn't have to listen to her (There is no way I am feeding cats at 3:30. That simply wasn't going to happen.) 

So I guess that that's my positive something, the fact that I am getting more sleep and that things are so much calmer in the house. I'm not being a snot, honest. But it's the truth. And we've both taken notice to it. I miss her. I even miss her meowing to a certain extent. But it's OK.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The house is almost back to normal. We did get everything down, but the tree in the living room.

I'm going to say something here and please don't take this negatively. I think that, in a way, it's a positive thing.

Since Bootser died on Saturday, the cats are fairly calm in the morning. I'm getting more sleep. I thought that after years and years of dealing with Bootser at 3:30 in the morning, that I'd be so attuned to early mornings that I'd automatically awaken and not be able to go back to sleep even after she passed. Well, I do wake up, but within a few minutes I've fallen asleep again. That started Sunday morning; I never got out of bed until 7:30. That's been almost unheard of around here. We joked about Bootser letting us sleep in until 5:30 on Christmas morning, that that was her Christmas present to is. And while Rick is awakening around 5:00 or so for work, it's because he's so used to getting up at 5:00 that he just does it. 

Me? Well, if he doesn't awaken me, I don't wake up.....I'm simply not hearing much of anything anymore. Rick said he can tell already that I'm getting some extra sleep. And he can also tell that it's a lot calmer around here since Bootser has passed. It used to be that she would start screaming really early and I'd get up around 3:30 and go to the treadmill in the basement just so I wouldn't have to listen to her (There is no way I am feeding cats at 3:30. That simply wasn't going to happen.) 

So I guess that that's my positive something, the fact that I am getting more sleep and that things are so much calmer in the house. I'm not being a snot, honest. But it's the truth. And we've both taken notice to it. I miss her. I even miss her meowing to a certain extent. But it's OK.
OH, my I can certainly identify with this. We lost Muffin in November. I now have extra time on my hands and it is taking some getting used to. Most of my day was spent taking care of him, trying to get his medicine in him and some food. I miss him so much now and I find myself purposely not thinking about him because it hurts too much. But we both have noticed that I am getting some things done around the house that needed doing. So it is my positive thing too, more time, less cats. For his sake, I wouldn't take him back, not like he was. Rest in peace, Muffin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thankfully the snow we got was of the light and fluffy variety, so it was a bit easier to clear the driveway and walk. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My niece liked her birthday gifts. She's 12 and kind of tough to buy for.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I accomplished a lot on my "to do" list. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I made it through the first day back at school after the holiday break. :)
That's an accomplishment!

My mammogram came back clear. :) Ever since I had the scare a few years ago I freak out until I get the results.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My mammogram came back clear. :) Ever since I had the scare a few years ago I freak out until I get the results.
:clap::clap::clap:

The main photocopier at school completely broke down today. I was about to have a fit before I remembered that I'd copied everything I needed for this week before Christmas vacation started. :lol3:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband got his first paycheque from his new job. 
 I couldn't be happier right now, we've been struggling for a while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Had a good dr appt this morning. Blood pressure was really good and she didn't even yell at me about my weight.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
...that the burst pipes didn't damage very much in the garage and laundry room!  I still have a LOT to clean up, though.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Had a good dr appt this morning. Blood pressure was really good and she didn't even yell at me about my weight.
 That's great. I struggle with high blood pressure since having my daughter so it's always great to get good blood pressure readings. 

Mine: I have food, water, heat and bills are paid. This is the first time in a long time I can say that. 
 I am still so so happy that my husband got this job. They are also paying him more than the original agreed on salary.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It warmed up enough that I could go out and walk. :)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...that the burst pipes didn't damage very much in the garage and laundry room!  I still have a LOT to clean up, though.
Oh that sucks @MargeCat    l hope the garage and laundry room are looking better.

l'm on my first 4-day weekend of 2014, had a great first 4 days back at work, have my car all fixed up, and have a new down-filled jacket ready for pick-up (just in time for our forecast WARM weather)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We only got two inches of snow last night. And, so far, none of the freezing rain that's been forecast for today.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't gotten ANY kind of rain, freezing or not, in so long I think I've forgotten what it looks like! I'm about at the point where I would welcome ANYTHING! We haven't had any snow to speak of either, I need to do a snow dance or something, I haven't had any 'snow days' from school yet either.(where I work) COME ON SNOW! Please don't shoot the messenger, but it's really getting desperate here, and what's strange is that the eastern part of the state was normal. I guess the POSITIVE thing for today is the forecast for 40's and 50's all week!

Status
Not open for further replies.