What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

armina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's slightly warmer. Slightly. But still warmer...hope it continues! 

adaline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The library where I work closed early due to snow, and since I had a late shift, I didn't have to go in at all. I got to spend the day at home with my kitty!

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing else in the world I am more positive about than that the Lord Jesus Christ is working in my life & preparing to return for His Church at any time! :D

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l'm happy, happy, HAPPY!!  Doing the Happy Dance - alone, lol.

l have 3 "children". The older two are motivated and driven, hard-working people. The younger one ... not so much.

He decided this year he wants to go to college. Rather than shop himself around, he applied only to one college, two different courses, and he was accepted to both! Yay, l'm so happy. He has the choice, and will start in September. Wooo!! 

adaline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

The library where I work closed early due to snow, and since I had a late shift, I didn't have to go in at all. I got to spend the day at home with my kitty!
I'm off due to snow again today. More kitty time!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

l have 3 "children". The older two are motivated and driven, hard-working people. The younger one ... not so much.

He decided this year he wants to go to college. Rather than shop himself around, he applied only to one college, two different courses, and he was accepted to both! Yay, l'm so happy. He has the choice, and will start in September. Wooo!! 

That's great. 

I saw a great concert last night. I wasn't too excited because Barenaked Ladies are not a band I usually listen to, although I do like their music. The concert was amazing and they are really funny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
He decided this year he wants to go to college. Rather than shop himself around, he applied only to one college, two different courses, and he was accepted to both! Yay, l'm so happy. He has the choice, and will start in September. Wooo!! :blobyello :banana2: :woohoo:  
Nice! :clap:

My husband is working from home today due to the snow. :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Congratulations to your son, Andrya!

It's sunny out this morning! I really needed to see some sun! 

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
There's been no snow for 24 hours. :nod:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
you gals are hilarious...@abbysmom, @betsygee, @winchester, and @adaline....it only takes snow, rain, and sun to make you happy :sun:.....i must confess....that i too love the snowfall...not the
shovelling or walking in it....but because it slows everyone down(to clarify...i like people slowing down)...and it is pretty to see from inside with my hot chocolate and of course the extra cat time...lol
the positive... i gotta say... is finally beginning to organize my old files...paper stuff...and getting rid of junk i don't need....like early spring cleaning...or mid winter cleaning....feels great :nod:
ps...forgot the opening of olympics is today....so that is a positive too :wave2:

Last edited:

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a crisis with the S/N program I volunteer for.  One woman was so surprised at how ballistic a semi-feral cat went when she tried to put it in a carrier, she threatened to leave it at the vets.  Then she wanted it euthanized, which the vet, thankfully, refused to do.  After a few hours and several volunteers calling her, she admitted she'd overreacted and brought the cat back home.  Kitty is settling in and the woman apologized to everyone.

We all had to empathize - every one of us had had a cat go bonkers at one point or the other.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Ondine....that is an amazing positive...my cats are not feral and they always do the "spread eagle"...so i gotta wrap them in a towel first....and if they see the cat carrier...its like run and hide for the day....happily they never have the problem of getting back in when going HOME from the vet.

@catlover19....but i thought you were the concert goer and such...now you are in the "weather crowd" too...lol

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@catlover19....but i thought you were the concert goer and such...now you are in the "weather crowd" too...lol
The weather doesn't hold us back 99% of the time. Only once this winter and it's because our driveway had so much snow it had to get plowed out. We got a big snowstorm Tuesday evening and overnight, but we still went to the concert. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Honestly, "no snow" is a big thing lately. :lol3: There is more coming tomorrow. :rolleyes:

We took a quick walk on the golf course yesterday with our snowshoes and saw some really cool animal tracks.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a little over 24 hours, but yesterday was absolutely amazing. I was invited to speak on a student panel at a conference my university held yesterday for 150 staff, faculty, and administrators. The topic was about encouraging greater participation from students in underrepresented groups in things like research, study abroad, collaborative learning, etc. I didn't realize that it was going to be such an amazing opportunity for me. I thought I would simply be shedding light on the experiences of those students who I aim to represent in these situations -- first generation students, transfers, parents, and veterans (whom I speak for on a regular basis). I had no idea that my words would have such a profound impact on those in attendance. 

So many expressed their gratitude for my courage and honesty. Knowing that my message was received and that the concerns I expressed will possibly influence positive change fills me with enormous gratitude for the opportunity, and I am so proud to be able to advocate for those many underrepresented student populations. 

And as if that weren't enough to send me over the moon, following my comments, I was not only offered many letters of recommendation for whatever I pursue in the future, and strongly encouraged to apply for a summer leadership fellowship under the chancellor of the university, but I was offered a staff position at the university after I graduate! This is a dream job! I was absolutely floored when I got the offer. And from an administrator who I highly respect. 

I still can't believe it! Last night felt like a dream.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Truly, that is fantastic for you, LaraLove. 

I will second what Karen said, about the no snow for the last 24 hours. 
 That's truly positive around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.