What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in a process of purchasing a new car. I was caught off guard today when the car salesman messaged me trying to access my credit. Thankfully "Lifelock" put a stop to that. There has been some ups & downs in this buying process. The salesman ordered in a Color I did not want. Then tried to persuade me to purchase it. His tactics didn't work. I was shocked by the salesmanship move. As I purchased a new 2019 from him with no issues at the same New Car dealership. I wasn't born yesterday. Until the sales contract is exactly as I want it my Credit will remain locked. Sure glad that Lifelock had my back.
Gee,that was a really good thing- especially if you decide to go somewhere else - everytime credit is pulled by these slicksters it's a negative reflection.....I hope you get something you really really like that checks off all the boxes- you've been through enough already in this unfortunate situation.....I know you did not want a new car so I'd love to see you like something even better than the old one💓

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee,that was a really good thing- especially if you decide to go somewhere else - everytime credit is pulled by these slicksters it's a negative reflection.....I hope you get something you really really like that checks off all the boxes- you've been through enough already in this unfortunate situation.....I know you did not want a new car so I'd love to see you like something even better than the old one💓
Thanks Kwik. We will see today how things transpire as were taking our Outback to the same dealership for some service.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kwik. We will see today how things transpire as were taking our Outback to the same dealership for some service.
It's funny I was thinking about what you were up to about the car & was just about to ask right before you posted-lol

No reason to settle in any event,especially with today's prices!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so frustrated, sad, and disappointed. I ordered the girls name puzzles for their Santa presents and I've been super excited them. They were shipped November 29th and have been sitting with UPS since. They already pushed the delivery date back once to today, but with nothing else being updated on the tracking, it would be a miracle if they arrived in time for Christmas.

I shouldn't have to order Christmas presents before Thanksgiving for UPS not to fail me. I tried contacting them yesterday and they'd only let me talk to a chat bot and won't let me make a claim yet when it still says it's somehow going to be delivered today. I sent a note to the seller via amazon to see if they could get ups to expedite on their end somehow, though I'm sure once it's been shipped it's out of their hand.

They'll still get their stockings and the presents from us, but I think I'm going to have to make a note from Santa about how the presents got accidentally left in the sleigh and had to be delivered late.

Idk, can anyone send prayers or vibes for a Christmas miracle. 2023 has overall just been a crappy year (aside from M being born) , and I just need things to go right for once.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge pet peeve of mine. The tree can't even be seen for all the lights. WHY kill something, especially since it's lived so long!? Just build a reusable tree shaped framework!
20231222_100421.jpg
Due to all the trolls and Karens out there I'd never dare to post this option anywhere but here. Happy Holidays everyone.:clapcat::santa:🎄

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so frustrated, sad, and disappointed. I ordered the girls name puzzles for their Santa presents and I've been super excited them. They were shipped November 29th and have been sitting with UPS since. They already pushed the delivery date back once to today, but with nothing else being updated on the tracking, it would be a miracle if they arrived in time for Christmas.

I shouldn't have to order Christmas presents before Thanksgiving for UPS not to fail me. I tried contacting them yesterday and they'd only let me talk to a chat bot and won't let me make a claim yet when it still says it's somehow going to be delivered today. I sent a note to the seller via amazon to see if they could get ups to expedite on their end somehow, though I'm sure once it's been shipped it's out of their hand.

They'll still get their stockings and the presents from us, but I think I'm going to have to make a note from Santa about how the presents got accidentally left in the sleigh and had to be delivered late.

Idk, can anyone send prayers or vibes for a Christmas miracle. 2023 has overall just been a crappy year (aside from M being born) , and I just need things to go right for once.
So sorry, Lari. You might want to contact the seller to see if they have better luck finding out what is going on.

UPS is the worst. When they get a package for me, they seem to want to deliver it to a neighbor. I went so far as creating a bolder address sign and placing it under my porch light and they STILL give it to neighbors. And their online system refuses to accept the city I live in as part of my address. Instead it assigns me a city a good eight miles away, so none of the tracking works for me.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm praying for you❤
And I Believe in Miracles🙏

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm sorry. I hope they get there on time. Getting hold of an actual person at UPS is next to impossible. Their phone system is a nightmare. Can you make one of the presents you got for each from Santa and then have the puzzles be from Mommy and Daddy? They are still little. They will still be happy. You're doing a great job. Some things are just beyond our control. :hugs:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Lari, UPS seems to be pretty worthless. I ordered 2 pairs of glasses, three weeks ago. The frames were sent out to the lab, that night, through UPS. Usually it takes 2 weeks at the most for full turnaround time.
I called this week to find out if they were ready. NOPE>>> Lab called, They NEVER received the frames! My optometrist was furious. There were 6 orders in that box!!

Turned out they finally arrived at the lab. The lab put a Rush, on the jobs; Fed-exing it overnight. One came in yesterday, the other one came in this afternoon!! Late this afternoon, I had to rush over--- in Christmas traffic, to pick them up.. otherwise they would have to wait until the middle of next week...

The optometrist said he lost 3 nights sleep because of this.. One woman gave him her absolute favorite frames, which were at least 4 years old; to have the lenses replaced. He was really sweating it out..

UPS is horrible..

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Visited my dementia aunt today to exchange Christmas gifts. As always she bought me a cat calendar which I do enjoy and look forward to each year. We chatted about it and other things for a while, and then moved on to the little tasks she has me do for her. One of the last was a demand to get her calendar on the wall. “Which calendar is that?” I asked, and she pointed to her gift to me. I tried gently to explain this was the calendar she had just given me but could see it was just agitating her so I just put it up for her. it’s about 50-50 whether she will remember it shouldnt be there.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
but I think I'm going to have to make a note from Santa about how the presents got accidentally left in the sleigh and had to be delivered late.
Or, if possible, have a male friend phone on Christmas afternoon, saying he is Santa. Put the phone on speaker while he explaines that the packages fell out of the bag, and he will bring them as soon as the reindeer have rested.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry, Lari. You might want to contact the seller to see if they have better luck finding out what is going on.
I had sent them a note through amazon yesterday. Idk if it made a difference, but there was an update under tracking on my amazon orders page

"Friday, December 22
4:44 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Wednesday, November 29
Carrier picked up the package."

Ridiculous and clearly not arriving today, but I'll keep praying for tomorrow or Sunday and plan for a note from Santa if not.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband said he’s been seeing Amazon packages with 3 and 4 different barcode labels on them and all with different state destinations. I’ve had things claiming they were shipped but sitting for days before any of the shippers claim to have it. I know my mom’s gift toured the capitol for a few days. :rolleyes2: The label was good and well attached so I bet it was just stuck between things because it was small.

:sigh: So what would you do:

I ordered my mom and aunt the same gift. They are necklaces with 2 pendants of maps etched on each coin size pendant. One is their childhood neighborhood. The other is supposed to be where our family camp was including the lake. They put a heart at the address.

The neighborhood one is perfect and easily recognizable. The camp one I had to use gps coordinates because they didn’t really have an address there and I requested ahead via messaging to include the water; which they said they could do. That one is off enough that it actually doesn’t show where our camp was. The heart is actually over a peninsula on the lake instead of up the mountain where it belongs. I put the gps coordinates from my order recipet in Google Maps and it’s confirmed its not in the spot I requested. Being off center cut off the location just a bit outside the coin’s diameter.

Should I complain?

I mean I can’t get it in time for Christmas. My aunt’s was sent directly to her. Maybe asking for the lake included threw it off? How do I phrase it? :headscratch: I’m not entirely sure whose fault it is. They forgot the gift note so my poor aunt was confused what it was and who sent it. 🤪 i did get a good deal and they look nice otherwise! Not cheap or anything.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I had sent them a note through amazon yesterday. Idk if it made a difference, but there was an update under tracking on my amazon orders page

"Friday, December 22
4:44 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Wednesday, November 29
Carrier picked up the package."

Ridiculous and clearly not arriving today, but I'll keep praying for tomorrow or Sunday and plan for a note from Santa if not.
If your things don’t arrive by promised day they usually do a refund.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband said he’s been seeing Amazon packages with 3 and 4 different barcode labels on them and all with different state destinations. I’ve had things claiming they were shipped but sitting for days before any of the shippers claim to have it. I know my mom’s gift toured the capitol for a few days. :rolleyes2: The label was good and well attached so I bet it was just stuck between things because it was small.

:sigh: So what would you do:

I ordered my mom and aunt the same gift. They are necklaces with 2 pendants of maps etched on each coin size pendant. One is their childhood neighborhood. The other is supposed to be where our family camp was including the lake. They put a heart at the address.

The neighborhood one is perfect and easily recognizable. The camp one I had to use gps coordinates because they didn’t really have an address there and I requested ahead via messaging to include the water; which they said they could do. That one is off enough that it actually doesn’t show where our camp was. The heart is actually over a peninsula on the lake instead of up the mountain where it belongs. I put the gps coordinates from my order recipet in Google Maps and it’s confirmed its not in the spot I requested. Being off center cut off the location just a bit outside the coin’s diameter.

Should I complain?

I mean I can’t get it in time for Christmas. My aunt’s was sent directly to her. Maybe asking for the lake included threw it off? How do I phrase it? :headscratch: I’m not entirely sure whose fault it is. They forgot the gift note so my poor aunt was confused what it was and who sent it. 🤪 i did get a good deal and they look nice otherwise! Not cheap or anything.
Amazon does connect you to real people, and fairly quickly, if you call.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny I was thinking about what you were up to about the car & was just about to ask right before you posted-lol

No reason to settle in any event,especially with today's prices!
Yesterday's trip to the car dealer turned out alright. As the correct color was sitting in their lot. That color is "Cascade Green Silica". This dealer had to acquire it from a dealer In Bloomington Mn. So the deal went through. My DW is happy with the new purchase as well. We hope to pick it up next week as some optional accessories need to be put on.
20231222_120049.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your things don’t arrive by promised day they usually do a refund.
I don't necessarily want a refund because wouldn't that come from the sellers? It wasn't their fault. If anything, I want UPS to eat the cost of overnighting it or whatever since they left it to lounge so long.

Now it says it'll come between today and the 26th. So we'll see if Christmas is saved or not.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday's trip to the car dealer turned out alright. As the correct color was sitting in their lot. That color is "Cascade Green Silica". This dealer had to acquire it from a dealer In Bloomington Mn. So the deal went through. My DW is happy with the new purchase as well. We hope to pick it up next week as some optional accessories need to be put on.View attachment 466215
Looks GREAT-Congratulations!! Love the color-many Blessings in it,on it and on you and DW❤

Status
Not open for further replies.