What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering what to do about all the mold in our apartment. The bedroom window gets all the moisture and not the others because the others are on the balcony so they are protected. But the bedroom window now has mold because it is exposed and so is the little AC vent they have in the wall. I don't know if it would be possible to seal it up. My partner and I got some bleach to put on it but I know that if the moisture issue isn't dealt with, it'll just come back and be a pain. Water sometimes drips from the window and the AC vent and down the walls. We could ask building maintenance I guess but it's an old building so not sure what they can do about it. Ugh.
Thsnk goodness you rent- bad problem but your concern is your health,mold is hazardous- you can request your landlord test for mold that it be addressed appropriately,may have to tear out some sheet rock etc.....

I do hope it is resolved quickly- straight undiluted vinegar kills mold- soak with vinegar ( spray bottle) let vinegar sit at least an hour before you wipe with warm water- then repeat
It's possible to kill mold with bleach but not as effective as vinegar which kills at the root so it unlikely to return( plus bleach is so toxic( kitties)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hair color can be a funny thing. I was a redhead at age 2, by the time I was 5, I was white-blond, and then darkened to a light auburn by my teen years. Now, I'm what I call "mouse-butt brown," a mid-brown with LOTS of copper highlights in the sun....as well as a good bit of silver (thank you, Dad, for the silver, instead of my mother's yellow-gray!), LOL, I'd actually color my hair if I could find a dye that did NOT touch the gray! It's the only part of my hair color that I actually LOVE!
Even in siblings it's a funny thing. My sister (biological) had blonde hair, green eyes and fair skin. She took the English/German looks of my dad. I, on the other hand, had almost black hair, dark brown eyes and darker skin. I took the Native of my mom.
She still has the green eyes and fair skin, but her hair is now a mousy brown. Mine is mostly silver.

Update on mom: She is doing great. She eats anything that will hold still and is starting to walk a bit (with help). Only about 4-6 feet and not everyday, but it's a start, and then she's exhausted. It's a far cry from bedridden. My son and DIL are coming over today and we are going to get her a shower and change her sheets.

For me, Kumal decided I needed to get up at the crack of dawn this morning and spring boarded off my arm....claws out. I now have a gash about 3" long on my forearm. There was much blood. I don't think he meant to as he's now curled up on my tummy purring.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Even in siblings it's a funny thing. My sister (biological) had blonde hair, green eyes and fair skin. She took the English/German looks of my dad. I, on the other hand, had almost black hair, dark brown eyes and darker skin. I took the Native of my mom.
She still has the green eyes and fair skin, but her hair is now a mousy brown. Mine is mostly silver.

Update on mom: She is doing great. She eats anything that will hold still and is starting to walk a bit (with help). Only about 4-6 feet and not everyday, but it's a start, and then she's exhausted. It's a far cry from bedridden. My son and DIL are coming over today and we are going to get her a shower and change her sheets.

For me, Kumal decided I needed to get up at the crack of dawn this morning and spring boarded off my arm....claws out. I now have a gash about 3" long on my forearm. There was much blood. I don't think he meant to as he's now curled up on my tummy purring.
Best news ever,( about your Mom- not the gash!)

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Stressful morning first visiting dementia auntie in hospital and then going to her house because she believes someone entered her house and stole her purse, keys and oddly, air fryer. Found purse but not the two others so maybe. Air fryer is no big deal but the keys are. She is a shopping hoarder so looking for anything is difficult, sort of dangerous and right now highly unsanitary . Need to go back tomorrow with a brighter flashlight, rubber gloves and a plunger for her very clogged toilet.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wondering what to do about all the mold in our apartment. The bedroom window gets all the moisture and not the others because the others are on the balcony so they are protected. But the bedroom window now has mold because it is exposed and so is the little AC vent they have in the wall. I don't know if it would be possible to seal it up. My partner and I got some bleach to put on it but I know that if the moisture issue isn't dealt with, it'll just come back and be a pain. Water sometimes drips from the window and the AC vent and down the walls. We could ask building maintenance I guess but it's an old building so not sure what they can do about it. Ugh.
I had a problem with my windows as well (old aluminum windows that are designed to weep to the outside in dampness) and in extreme dampness mold accumulates. In my case I cleaned up the mold with vinegar then I used small sponges to soak up the excess moisture. I still got mold in the future but it was limited to the sponges and around them. This was a cheap and simple solution for me. I have always wanted to try a small solar fan to dry the area to see if it would keep the moisture at bay through dehydration, but I have never tried it.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!I do hope you stick to the plan and don't get curious,lol❤
I don't have access to my work emails from home so that should stop that aspect. Caller ID on phone so no accidentally picking up calls from work. I definitely won't be reaching out to them inquiring. I think I might have been more tempted if my friend was going to be there but he had surgery in October and has been out of the office since. I don't think he will be back until I get back.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We could ask building maintenance I guess but it's an old building so not sure what they can do about it. Ugh.
By all means, contact maintenance. Long-term mold can lead to other issues, and at least trying to fix the issue is in their own best interests!

Update on mom: She is doing great. She eats anything that will hold still and is starting to walk a bit (with help).
YES!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cleanup at my aunts house went really well this morning. Everything that she thought was missing was accounted for. Bathroom was poop nightmare but I bought the right tools and got the toilet unclogged and the room cleaned up. My sister and her husband joined me and we agreed to proceed swiftly getting an attorney meeting set up and starting the conservator process. No memory care center will accept her without us having the ability to pay out of her assets and the hospital is releasing her home tomorrow.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 I am so happy your Mom is doing so well!!!!

I finally attacked the closet today, and it wasn't as bad as I had thought as always. It was mostly bags and bags of old dog and cat toys, so those are stored (to the brim, I might add) in large rubbermaid totes for rotational purposes. The rest of the stuff was old blankets and thick insulated drapes I hang in the sunroom in the winter. All those things have/are getting washed, and I'm shocked at how much room is in the closet now.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recently I've noticed that my fingers have been swelling and little blisters have appeared. Could not figure out what I've gotten my hands into. Thought maybe I must have touched snakeweed or something. (we call the plant snakeweed because if you touch it, it bites...don't know the real name). Decided to go through everything I could have touched. Realized the only thing different was some new wipes that Hospice sent. Didn't consider that one at first since I wash my hands after changing my mom....but...first ingredient is a steroid.
I realize that the nurse can't possibly go through every ingredient, but he knows I have a severe allergy to steroids and should have not brought something that's medicated because it will almost always have a steroid in it.
Oh well...I don't blame him and now I know. But man it hurts.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually by this time I'm lying down from the day( I start the days while the rest of the USA is fast asleep) but I can't lay down because if I happen to doze off I just might miss my party- it would be fine by me but I'm obligated
It's our annual Christmas Party at the Cancer Center and I am one of the speakers -I do it every year & I really don't feel like it this year..... I'm sure once I'm there I can switch into party mode - it's just all this waiting and clock watching ,I'm sure everyone knows thst feeling when you're just not in the mood

Anyway,always a gratifying experience to be with others going through or having gone through a difficult journey such as one does with Cancer,hope I can be my best self tonight & get my act together very soon because my pj's are not exactly what I had in mind!lol

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Usually by this time I'm lying down from the day( I start the days while the rest of the USA is fast asleep) but I can't lay down because if I happen to doze off I just might miss my party- it would be fine by me but I'm obligated
It's our annual Christmas Party at the Cancer Center and I am one of the speakers -I do it every year & I really don't feel like it this year..... I'm sure once I'm there I can switch into party mode - it's just all this waiting and clock watching ,I'm sure everyone knows thst feeling when you're just not in the mood

Anyway,always a gratifying experience to be with others going through or having gone through a difficult journey such as one does with Cancer,hope I can be my best self tonight & get my act together very soon because my pj's are not exactly what I had in mind!lol

It's so cool you do that every year. :) I hope once you get (got?) there, you felt more into it. I do that all the time, I do NOT want to fulfill obligations but once I start I'm as happy as can be to be there.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi All!
Got my act together-looked decent( no pj's lol) and the moment I saw all the wonderful and courageous friends I came to know for many years having our treatments together and thinking about the ones that were no longer with us I was extremely Grateful to be there .... it was really nice,lovely turkey dinner and my speech was effortless- it's so easy to just speak from your heart,isn't it?

Oh,I won the raffle too!Funny,they kept calling out the number 660008 - As they called out for the 3rd time I thought " Wow,not even close" ,mine is 800066 and suddenly realized I was holding it upside down!!! I won a Walmart gift card- I order all my cat food and stuff from there- cool huh?

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debating telling my job to take a flying leap into the sea, they have brought in new software that we have to use that they never bothered to get the bugs out of, what used to take maybe 10-15 minutes to research and pull together now can take upwards of an hour and contacting others to see if they have the same issues. No one is happy and I renamed the program which management I am sure is to frown on but at least it's an honest name. Have a meeting today with another PM to discuss how to list all issues and see if they can be resolved. My suggestion is get a freaking refund on this mess.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Debating telling my job to take a flying leap into the sea, they have brought in new software that we have to use that they never bothered to get the bugs out of, what used to take maybe 10-15 minutes to research and pull together now can take upwards of an hour and contacting others to see if they have the same issues. No one is happy and I renamed the program which management I am sure is to frown on but at least it's an honest name. Have a meeting today with another PM to discuss how to list all issues and see if they can be resolved. My suggestion is get a freaking refund on this mess.
It's seems the more they upgrade the more new glitches to resolve ,time consuming and not cost effective....just doesn't make sense,hasn't anyone heard" if it ain't broken don't fix it "! ???

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's seems the more they upgrade the more new glitches to resolve ,time consuming and not cost effective....just doesn't make sense,hasn't anyone heard" if it ain't broken don't fix it "! ???
They are a global company so they are trying to have all do exactly the same thing which is not working at all on any level, the biggest issue is they didn't use it for all positions yeah it worked great for some groups that do minimal entries or need access but for the big users it is a Hoover vacuum it just sucks.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in a process of purchasing a new car. I was caught off guard today when the car salesman messaged me trying to access my credit. Thankfully "Lifelock" put a stop to that. There has been some ups & downs in this buying process. The salesman ordered in a Color I did not want. Then tried to persuade me to purchase it. His tactics didn't work. I was shocked by the salesmanship move. As I purchased a new 2019 from him with no issues at the same New Car dealership. I wasn't born yesterday. Until the sales contract is exactly as I want it my Credit will remain locked. Sure glad that Lifelock had my back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.