What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess Christmas morning went fine. It's good the girls are young enough that mittens are an acceptable present from Santa. Next year it probably wouldn't have flown. J loved her mini trampoline from us and the plastic candy cane full of M&Ms in her stocking. M got her own snack cups so she can stop stealing J's (spoiler alert - she won't :lol:)

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prices for some services have gone insane. In June 2019, I purchased a new car. I had the dealership apply a partial 3m protective film to the front of the car. I paid then $650. Which I thought was alot. Now the charge has risen to $1,450. Seems I'm priced out now having this done to my newest purchased car. Will these crazy increases ever end ?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Prices for some services have gone insane. In June 2019, I purchased a new car. I had the dealership apply a partial 3m protective film to the front of the car. I paid then $650. Which I thought was alot. Now the charge has risen to $1,450. Seems I'm priced out now having this done to my newest purchased car. Will these crazy increases ever end ?
That is crazy!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is crazy!
Unfortunately the new car dealership no longer offers the 3m protective film application . So I reached out to a car detail business in Rochester,Minnesota for a quote. To accomplish this task one needs lots of patience and 3 sets of hands for working large areas. I know from experience.

Last edited:

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You think that is bad, 10 years ago I wanted my car painted after I restored it and I found a shop that did the whole car for $3000.00. Today I tried to do the same thing to a car I restored for a family member. Cost quoted to me $20,000.00. Wow! Needless to say I learned to paint myself. Prices for everything have gone as susanm9006 susanm9006 said crazy!

I never understood why after retirement I saw so many of my friends were taking part time jobs. It just took a little longer for me to understand. Prices eventually catch up to you and you need additional income to live the way you want.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well. I now have my own UPS story. It is not a terrible one, but it is one. I have Hek's cat litter (corn based) shipped from Amazon every three weeks. Always, they leave it on the porch, and Jazzie brings it in. We've been doing this for over a year. Today, I got an email from Amazon that my delivery could not be made. I got the tracking number, and called UPS, and spoke with their robot, who told me that they could not leave it because I was not there to sign for it, and that they will attempt delivery tomorrow. SO...now I have to sit up and wait on UPS!!! TO SIGN FOR A BAG OF CAT LITTER THAT THEY HAVE BEEN DELIVERING WITHOUT SIGNATURE FOR MONTHS! I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, and chalk it up to the time of year, and porch pirating, but...

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You think that is bad, 10 years ago I wanted my car painted after I restored it and I found a shop that did the whole car for $3000.00. Today I tried to do the same thing to a car I restored for a family member. Cost quoted to me $20,000.00. Wow! Needless to say I learned to paint myself. Prices for everything have gone as susanm9006 susanm9006 said crazy!

I never understood why after retirement I saw so many of my friends were taking part time jobs. It just took a little longer for me to understand. Prices eventually catch up to you and you need additional income to live the way you want.
For me my DW whom is many yrs my junior is still working fulltime. So my need to find a part time job isn't necessary. I occasionally supplement my income doing Car Detailing when the opportunity arises.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For me my DW whom is many yrs my junior is still working fulltime. So my need to find a part time job isn't necessary. I occasionally supplement my income doing Car Detailing when the opportunity arises.
Your a better person than me, I hate detailing. I only do my own vehicles. Always takes me a couple of days to do inside and outside. I know where to come now for advise on cleaning.:yess:

Can I ask, did you decide to buy a hybrid, or electric or gas? A buddy of mine just bought an electric but on taking it on a trip had problems getting it charged across the country. He is telling everyone don't do it yet if you travel.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure hope so vansX2 vansX2 but seems not anytime soon! It's really insane how EVERYTHING has gone sky high- how about the cat food,sheesh!!!!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your a better person than me, I hate detailing. I only do my own vehicles. Always takes me a couple of days to do inside and outside. I know where to come now for advise on cleaning.:yess:

Can I ask, did you decide to buy a hybrid, or electric or gas? A buddy of mine just bought an electric but on taking it on a trip had problems getting it charged across the country. He is telling everyone don't do it yet if you travel.
I purchased a '24 Subaru Forester Touring. Though I had test driven a '24 Honda Crv Touring & Sport Hybrid first. My decision was because the Honda didn't offer Driving Lights, I didn't like the placement of the Navigation Screen , Couldn't have a Trailer Hitch on either Honda, a Heated Steering Wheel was $4k more than the Forester.
20231222_120049.jpg

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure hope so vansX2 vansX2 but seems not anytime soon! It's really insane how EVERYTHING has gone sky high- how about the cat food,sheesh!!!!
My boy Miles has a sensitive tummy. So I'm feeding both boys "Hills" Perscription Care i/d. It's pricey at $54.00 plus tax , for 8.5 lbs. Dry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.