What's on your Mind Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking about painting - some one came Sunday to "help" & paint for me so I had 3/4 of a gallon & put him in the Itty bitty 10x10 room in front- the room has 2doors( which I already finished myself & frames all done)and a big double window- not much to paint,right?

Well 2 hours later he was out of paint and only one wall was done.....I won't say anymore but 5hrs later I had enough of my poor Timmy hiding and quite the catastrophe to clean up-decided I'll get back to painting myself- when I was in good shape I'd do the entire interior in 5 hrs with no mess to clean up BUT I'll just do little at a time-yesterday I did one bathroom( half an hour) and I'd love to do the kitchen today but I can't seem to get started- maybe tomorrow is better - uhhh

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J did not have a fever this morning. She's still a bit whiny and not back to 100% crazy energy, but I feel like we've turned the corner.

And I did this!
20231212_101807.jpg

I will hopefully get better with practice and figuring out where to put my fingers, but I don't think I did that bad!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
J did not have a fever this morning. She's still a bit whiny and not back to 100% crazy energy, but I feel like we've turned the corner.

And I did this!
View attachment 465518

I will hopefully get better with practice and figuring out where to put my fingers, but I don't think I did that bad!
You did GREAT- so pretty on an adorable little head model!!! So sweet

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise

And I did this!
View attachment 465518

Nice job. It’s great that she tolerated it.
Children's fine hair is always a bit tricky to work with.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did GREAT- so pretty on an adorable little head model!!! So sweet
Nice job. It’s great that she tolerated it.
Children's fine hair is always a bit tricky to work with.
Of course she pulled it out within an hour. :lol: Usually she's pretty good with ponytails, but when I spend extra time to try something fancy, it doesn't last.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise

And I did this!
View attachment 465518

She has such beautiful dark hair! We have an inherited odd thing in my family where even those of us with the darkest adult hair were blond until around five or six, so dark haired toddlers just surprise me.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has such beautiful dark hair! We have an inherited odd thing in my family where even those of us with the darkest adult hair were blond until around five or six, so dark haired toddlers just surprise me.
It's not quite that dark - I'd given her a bath and was using a spray bottle to wet her hair to make it easier to manage. I'd call it a medium brown normally. Here it is dry, post braid, while we were finally decorating our Christmas cookies.
20231212_130421.jpg

But it's definitely not or has never been blonde. I know a lot of other blond toddlers though, so I think it is a fairly common phenomenon.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only way I’ve gotten DD’s hair braided is wet. Especially when she was little but still now if she wants french braids. I’m not good at them; but we try.

Speaking of doing our daughter’s hair… DD asked for help with her hair today before going to our homeschool group Christmas party; then proceeded to bend over backwards so I could see the top of her head. :rolleyes2: But it was when I looked in the mirror with both hands occupied with hair that I realized I practically disappear behind her. When did that happen?!:lol: Her shoes are only so much to blame!:lol:
Both my parents were super blond until somewhere between 6 and 8. I’ve always wondered if its the Italian genes since they both did that. I have my Polish grandmother’s hair color and my Italian grandpa’s undertone; but I never got the blond.

DD was blond around 1 but by 2 it was darkening to more of a caramel and now its a little lighter golden brown than what DS and I have. Its fun to watch genetics play out like that. My cousins have a pattern of first borns with dark hair and 2nd borns with very blond. DH’s eldest sister had all blond kids (one has a red beard though!). His other sister has all kids with versions of red to strawberry blond. We have brunettes.:headscratch: Sometimes I feel a little guilty that both kids seem to resemble me the most because they got my coloring.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My partner is the same and I think his sister was too. He was born with blonde hair and had it for quite some years as a child before it eventually changed to the chestnut brown it is now. It's always funny seeing baby pictures because his hair looks a lot different than it does now. There are still strands of blonde here and there on his head and beard but it's mostly brown! :)

He comes from German heritage. Not quite Italy or Poland but still European so thats interesting.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a real thing alright- suicide rates increase,hospital admissions etc..... statistics show it is very real

Everytime Christmas rolls around I can't help but think:" What cancer will pop up this year:?" Every cancer diagnosis I've had put me in the hospital for Christmas TreatMENTS ....At least I got to spread JOY around the cancer ward and Hopefully I could continue as long as I'm above the ground

It's a very difficult time for many people plus it's a difficult time period-I feel very very bad for people who are alone,I wish I could invite them all over to my house
I would love to visit Florida! I live alone but have friends,family,,and cats. Now I feel like going outside and helping the homeless

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My partner is the same and I think his sister was too. He was born with blonde hair and had it for quite some years as a child before it eventually changed to the chestnut brown it is now. It's always funny seeing baby pictures because his hair looks a lot different than it does now. There are still strands of blonde here and there on his head and beard but it's mostly brown! :)

He comes from German heritage. Not quite Italy or Poland but still European so thats interesting.
Hmm… my mom is Italian, Polish and Greek. My Dad is Italian and German. So who knows I guess!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to visit Florida! I live alone but have friends,family,,and cats. Now I feel like going outside and helping the homeless
Yeah,great- why not,right?I think the best way to feel good is to focus on others,help someone,just listen or make someone know they do matter,they are not invisible -we all occupy this planet TOGETHER- why should anyone feel alone with millions of others around,it just ain't right. One teeny little act of kindness from one person could change the whole world if everybody did it

If ya ever do get to Florida you have a friend to see❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My husband's heritage is German and British and his hair was light brown as a child and rather dark now.

I'm over 50% of Slovak and Croatian, with the rest filled in with a random mix of Irish, Bohemian, German/Polish, and like 1% Italian. Both my brother and I were very dark haired always. My sister was blonde and her hair darkened.

This was my hair at 2.

20231213_101337.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting anxious for my 3 weeks off. Just have to get through today and tomorrow until 1pm and then I am free!!! Won't be checking my emails or answering any calls from work. Let them figure it out themselves will be my motto.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Dealing with the dementia aunty having a major breakdown. She is in the hospital and it sounds like they won’t release her unless she goes to a memory care center. I have felt for a long time that is what was necessary but my sister who is her medical guardian, disagreed. Now the decision is being forced and we need to get the financial guardianship established. My sister is a spendthrift so I want to be part of managing that end.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Both my parents were super blond until somewhere between 6 and 8. I’ve always wondered if its the Italian genes since they both did that. I have my Polish grandmother’s hair color and my Italian grandpa’s undertone; but I never got the blond.
Hair color can be a funny thing. I was a redhead at age 2, by the time I was 5, I was white-blond, and then darkened to a light auburn by my teen years. Now, I'm what I call "mouse-butt brown," a mid-brown with LOTS of copper highlights in the sun....as well as a good bit of silver (thank you, Dad, for the silver, instead of my mother's yellow-gray!), LOL, I'd actually color my hair if I could find a dye that did NOT touch the gray! It's the only part of my hair color that I actually LOVE!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering what to do about all the mold in our apartment. The bedroom window gets all the moisture and not the others because the others are on the balcony so they are protected. But the bedroom window now has mold because it is exposed and so is the little AC vent they have in the wall. I don't know if it would be possible to seal it up. My partner and I got some bleach to put on it but I know that if the moisture issue isn't dealt with, it'll just come back and be a pain. Water sometimes drips from the window and the AC vent and down the walls. We could ask building maintenance I guess but it's an old building so not sure what they can do about it. Ugh.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting anxious for my 3 weeks off. Just have to get through today and tomorrow until 1pm and then I am free!!! Won't be checking my emails or answering any calls from work. Let them figure it out themselves will be my motto.
Good for you!I do hope you stick to the plan and don't get curious,lol❤

Status
Not open for further replies.