What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Unfortunately, a rather bright man who should be known for more than a spelling mistake or two, isn't.  I wonder why VP Biden isn't pilloried for his many gaffs?  Never mind.  I know why.
He should be. Although I am a Democrat I don't understand why the media doesn't pound on that kind of stuff. Nobody should be excluded from criticism if deserved. Sure, everybody makes mistakes but you wonder about people who keep making them. If they can't talk off the cuff they should stick to rehearsed speeches.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner tonight will be a tomato and mozzarella salad, steak, steamed green beans and chocolate ice cream for dessert.  Yum!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomatoes don't have toes, only Dan Quayle's do (remember him? He was famous for that mistake). The singular of tomatoes is "tomato", no "e", same as for potatoes (potato). Yeah, I'm a real stickler for spelling.
Is it polite, though, you correct unless asked? Private messages are for that no?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He should be. Although I am a Democrat I don't understand why the media doesn't pound on that kind of stuff. Nobody should be excluded from criticism if deserved. Sure, everybody makes mistakes but you wonder about people who keep making them. If they can't talk off the cuff they should stick to rehearsed speeches.
Tony what's his name, the last British prime minister tony Blair couldn't spell potato.
Such examples to the chilfrrn they are.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Japanese: corn soup with chicken and noodles.
Shrimps in tampura both very good and sushi

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out to a seafood restaurant with my husbands family after putting his grandparents urns in the niche. I had shrimp and scallop pasta and didn't really like it so I ended up getting a chicken souvlaki sub a few hours later. 

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just finishing the last few bites of a delicious salmon caesar salad with bacon. I seasoned the salmon and then sautéed it in the leftover bacon grease. :anon:
Yum.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is taking his mom to church. When he comes home, we're having an early lunch. Nothing exotic. 

I'm going to make beef barbecue in buns and throw together a bit of macaroni salad. Shoo-fly cake for dessert....going to start cooking here in a few minutes as I want Rick to take some of the cake to his parents this morning. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
A leftover vegetarian burrito with some extra picante sauce over it with some sour cream on the side and a salad with lettuce and cukes from my garden and a tomato and half an avocado from the farmers' market with some salad dressing I make from a package but without the buttermilk it calls for. Kids too far away to visit but one of them who lives in Montana sent me a 'CARE package' of  venison shot by her hubby in November and had in freezer. Very nice Mothers' Day present, I'll be eating venison every two weeks for many months, yum!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother in law bought Chinese food for dinner tonight. I couldn't really eat it so I ended up making a frozen pizza when we got home.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A leftover vegetarian burrito with some extra picante sauce over it with some sour cream on the side and a salad with lettuce and cukes from my garden and a tomato and half an avocado from the farmers' market with some salad dressing I make from a package but without the buttermilk it calls for. Kids too far away to visit but one of them who lives in Montana sent me a 'CARE package' of  venison shot by her hubby in November and had in freezer. Very nice Mothers' Day present, I'll be eating venison every two weeks for many months, yum!
Did you refreeze it?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbeque chicken (with an old recipe for a sauce that has no sugars, quite quite good), big salad, grilled baby squash, and a mini ice cream bar for dessert.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making butter chicken from scratch. I usually cheat and use a jar of sauce- which is very yummy actually. :cross:

Status
Not open for further replies.