What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure. Rick is home today....he said he'd take a day off work and he'd do the laundry, so I didn't have to deal with it. So whatever he feels like making for dinner tonight is fine with me.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drip beef (slow cooker top sirloin with pepperocini's and italian seasoning) with corn taco wraps, homemade paleo garlic chili sauce, big salad, maybe one of my citrus twist mini-cheesecakes.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. Rick is home today....he said he'd take a day off work and he'd do the laundry, so I didn't have to deal with it. So whatever he feels like making for dinner tonight is fine with me.
Did he say the laundry or the laundry and dinner?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did he say the laundry or the laundry and dinner?
 Well, he didn't actually say dinner, but I was expecting it. 
 When I'm off work, he expects me to make a nice dinner (roast chicken or something that takes time, that I wouldn't normally do on a weeknight). When he's off, I don't care, as long as I don't have to cook. He got a DiGiorno pizza for dinner last night....which I had to bake anyway.....we went for groceries and we had to get a few things for his mom. So while he took the stuff to his mom's, I threw the pizza into the oven.

I also had to finish the laundry anyway last night, so it wasn't a good night; I wasn't expecting to do laundry.

Tonight's dinner will be pasta with my dried tomatoes (they're dehydrated tomato slices that I did over last summer), dried mushrooms, caramelized onions, and some broccoli thrown in for color. I hope it's good; I'm making it up as I go. We need a meatless meal. 

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We will probably just have something simple like hot dogs. My husband has to go to with his parents to pick up their new truck after work tonight so he won't be home until probably 9-10 pm. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@winchester. I can use 'store bought' dried tomatoes right? I've never caramelised onions. Doesn't it take hours?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Judy......store bought sun-dried tomatoes will work just as well. It's your preference if you want them in oil or not. When I use store bought sun dried tomatoes, I do not use the ones with oil because of the calories. Caramelizing onions take me about 30-40 minutes, depending on how deep I want them. Did you know you can also caramelize onions in a crock pot or slow cooker? That will take about 8 hours, but once the onions are in the crock pot, your job is done, making it a very easy way to do your onions. Then you put them in the fridge to do with as you wish.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had hot dogs, fries and caesar salad. My neighbour and her 4 year old son came over for dinner tonight. The kids were outside playing and since my husband isn't home for dinner tonight, I asked them if they wanted to come over. She brought the salad, I barbecued hot dogs and threw a few fries in the oven. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having the butter chicken with basmati rice that was supposed to be last nights dinner. I changed my mind at the last minute.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Beef stir-fry over Trader Joe's rice. (Trader Joe's makes a very nice mix of rice, whole grains, and seeds. I try to keep a couple bags on hand all the time because we eat this instead of regular rice.) If it's not really windy outside, I'll do the stir-fry on the grill.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
big salad, 6 oz. ribeye, maybe mashed cauliflower for veggie.  Haven't decided if I want a gluten-free ciabatta roll to make a steak sandwich, or some ice cream, or a small gluten-free roll (half the calories of the ciabatta roll) and some strawberries.
or....too many option in this house right now.  Okay, maybe one can't have too many..I just have to make up my mind..lol.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sauteed some veggies in butter and white wine.  May make some brown rice later.

Cut up a Cornish hen for the cats.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken Alfredo with sautéed mushrooms, zuchini, red peppers and sun dried tomatoe over bow tie pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.