What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
what  is butter chicken and what kind of jarred sauce to you use? I make chicken breasts covered in cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup diluted with only half of what they say for soup, bake for 2 hr, serve over rice, yum!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what  is butter chicken and what kind of jarred sauce to you use? I make chicken breasts covered in cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup diluted with only half of what they say for soup, bake for 2 hr, serve over rice, yum!
It's an Indian curry. It has a creamy tomato base with spices. I'm in Australia and we have a brand called Pataks. They make all kinds of Indian curry pastes and sauces in jars that you add to meat and onions. So easy. So yummy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Butter chicken sounds good. 
 All your dinners sound good! I haven't had rigatoni in a while.

I'm thinking about baked ziti for tonight. I took some pasta sauce and some freezer cabbage out of the freezer last night and stuck the containers in the fridge to thaw a bit. I can throw a couple garlic parmesan rolls into the microwave to thaw after the zit is ready. (I keep garlic parmesan rolls in the freezer all the time, so I can grab a couple when we need them. They are wonderful.)

I can make the blueberry muffins first and throw them into the oven and while they're baking, make the ziti. Til that's ready to be baked, the muffins should be done. Muffins aren't for dinner, but for Rick to put in his lunch and to take to work tomorrow morning. And I can give a few to my sister and BIL, too.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's an Indian curry. It has a creamy tomato base with spices. I'm in Australia and we have a brand called Pataks. They make all kinds of Indian curry pastes and sauces in jars that you add to meat and onions. So easy. So yummy.
Oh I love Pataks butter chicken when I'm not pregnant. I can't eat it when pregnant, it doesn't agree with me. 
 I love the Madras paste too but it burns my eyes so bad when I am cooking it.

I'm going to BBQ burgers and potatoes tonight. Going to slice the potatoes and cook them in foil with onion, salt and pepper. That was originally my plan for yesterday but then it was raining. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had sent it via express mail with ice substitute in the package so it was still mostly frozen. I pried the pieces apart and vacuum packed them in smaller portions and put them in the freezer. Usually I get venison for Christmas and then it is frozen solid by the time I get it.
That's good.

Which patak do you use for this curry?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbeque chicken (with an old recipe for a sauce that has no sugars, quite quite good), big salad, grilled baby squash, and a mini ice cream bar for dessert.
What carbs did you have?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What carbs did you have?
The mini ice cream bar and because I had calories to burn, one of my citrus twist mini cheesecakes (made with ricotta so it's high in protein, though it also has a tiny amount of carbs).

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good.
Which patak do you use for this curry?
Butter chicken. But last night I didn't use a jar at all. It was easy and it was yum. Yum. Yum. If anyone wants the recipe I will post a link.

Tonight we are having pork chops with lots of veggies and chocolate mud cake for dessert. I'm worried the cake may be a bit dry so I'm going to heat it a little then pour chocolate sauce over it , sprinkle with icing sugar (confectioners sugar) and serve it with cream that should make it yum. And then I plan to eat one piece, :vibes::vibes: please send me vibes to only eat one piece. I am so naughty when it comes to cake consumption!!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love a link!
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:: if you haven't made the mud cake yet then pour the chocolate over when you take it out of the oven .
I have a chocolate cake recipes that needs some of the mixture to be taken out before the flower etc is mixed. When the cake comes out of the oven I'd cut it into squares and pour the chocolate cream I'd taken out. Yum
Once I took the cake out s little bit too early and lumps of chocolate formed in some squares.
It happened when my parents were here and one afternoon they came over and my dad said your mum's been thinking of your chocolate cake and a cup of tea - of course they were British after all. He loved my trifle.
Any case it might be nice with your mud cake.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:: if you haven't made the mud cake yet then pour the chocolate over when you take it out of the oven .
I have a chocolate cake recipes that needs some of the mixture to be taken out before the flower etc is mixed. When the cake comes out of the oven I'd cut it into squares and pour the chocolate cream I'd taken out. Yum
Once I took the cake out s little bit too early and lumps of chocolate formed in some squares.
It happened when my parents were here and one afternoon they came over and my dad said your mum's been thinking of your chocolate cake and a cup of tea - of course they were British after all. He loved my trifle.
Any case it might be nice with your mud cake.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Thanks. I've already made the cake and I think it looks like it will be a bit dry so that's why I'm pouring sauce over it. A similar trick to yours. My mum used to make a lemon sauce to pour over old cake. It was lovely.

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boss took us to dinner. I had chicken. My husband made lasagna though and bought canoli, glad I didn't get dessert at the restaurant.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I've already made the cake and I think it looks like it will be a bit dry so that's why I'm pouring sauce over it. A similar trick to yours. My mum used to make a lemon sauce to pour over old cake. Me was lovely.
Tell me about the lemon sauce - eyes sparkling which is rather good seeing that it's 6am and I haven't slept yet. Bad night.
I hope your cake comes out ok.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuna pasta salad (we're really going through pasta lately, but that's what dear Richard requested for tonight)

He also talked about tuna loaf, so whatever he wants when I get home.....one or the other.

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Tuna pasta salad (we're really going through pasta lately, but that's what dear Richard requested for tonight)

He also talked about tuna loaf, so whatever he wants when I get home.....one or the other.
What's tuna loaf?  That sounds like something I could handle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuna loaf is similar to meat loaf. Rick really likes it.......

Tuna Loaves

6 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
3 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1 c. dry bread crumbs
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
2/3 c. evaporated milk (you can use fat free evaporated milk)
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp. salt (I don't use the whole tsp)
1/2 tsp. pepper (I use more pepper)
3 (6-1/2 oz.) cans tuna, drained well

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large skillet; add onion, celery, and parsley. Sauté about 5 minutes until onion is golden. In large bowl, combine onion mixture with 3/4 cup bread crumbs, hard-cooked eggs, milk, lemon juice, beaten eggs, salt, pepper, and tuna. Mix thoroughly.

On lightly greased 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1-inch baking sheet, shape tuna mixture into 8 loaves, using about 3/4 cup for each loaf. Brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs.

Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve tuna loaves on warm platter. Makes 8 servings.

Note: This recipe can be easily halved to make 4 servings instead of eight. You can bake the little loaves in greased custard cups instead of forming loaves if you'd like. Remove the loaves from the custard cups to serve; the baked tuna should come right out onto the plate. They freeze well. I like to serve these with just a salad or some kind of potatoes.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Winchester!  I copied it to my recipes and will try it soon!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled ribeye, salad and I think veggie skewers with mushrooms, zucchini and mini-bell peppers.  Probably a See's Amazing Walnut Bar for dessert/carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.