What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a simple but yummy dinner tonight:  brussel sprouts with bacon and onion.  I needed to do something with them or throw them out.  Having the same for lunch tomorrow.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a simple but yummy dinner tonight:  brussel sprouts with bacon and onion.  I needed to do something with them or throw them out.  Having the same for lunch tomorrow.
Yum. Here's the link to the Butter Chicken recipe. The link is actually to a website but you can easily find the butter chicken recipe. I thought all of the recipes look delicious and not complicated. In Australia we have a very popular reality tv show called Master Chef Australia. It's a cooking competition. Julie Goodwin won the first series. This is her website. www.juliegoodwin.com.au

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'll go check it out, Tammat, thank you.

Peaches, I love Brussels sprouts. Rick doesn't care for them, but he'll eat them. I think they're wonderful. Try them roasted, if you've not done so already. 

Tonight we are having Apple Thyme Chicken. The chicken is marinated in an apple juice-based marinade (I threw it into the marinade this morning), then grilled, basting with reserved marinade. Then the apple slices are grilled and basted, too. Then topped with a honey sauce. We'll grill outside; if it's raining (and it looks like it might be by tonight), I'll do it on the indoor grill. And I think I'll throw some potatoes in the microwave. I still have some freezer cabbage leftover from the other night.

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them roasted! 

Tonight will be taboulah and something else...don't know what yet.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Home made chicken fingers and rice and beans for the kids. For hubby and I spicy chicken and rice and bean burritos, with salsa and sour cream. Oh and some sort of veg.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spent most of my day at the dealership having our truck's height control looked at. SO - didn't plan anything for dinner.... lucky me.... :lol2: I think we may go out to Friday's on Thursday. :D Probably will get the Cob Salad. We usually share an appetizer and a salad. :D

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peaches, I love Brussels sprouts. Rick doesn't care for them, but he'll eat them. I think they're wonderful. Try them roasted, if you've not done so already. :yummy:
Another Brussel sprout lover here. I made them last week but never tried roasting them. Great idea !! I love them sprinkled with parmesan or romano grated cheese. Larry doesn't care for them as much as I do. He can eat about 5 and then says he gets a gag reflex. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we had chicken fillet with creamy leek and bacon sauce and I served it with green beans. This was a new recipe from the Julie Goodwin website. It was so easy to make and really yummy.
I'm going to try the same sauce recipe without leek for Brussels sprouts. All this talk about Brussels sprouts has me thinking about them!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Jerked chicken on the grill with grilled broccoli.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
During the holidays the Pioneer Woman did a roasted brussels sprouts recipe.  She made a glaze with balsamic vinegar to put on them after they roasted.  She also added dried cranberries to them.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Denice that sounds good!  I love brussel sprouts.  I even loved them as a kid.  My mom would try to force me as a kid to eat healthy things like green beans.  But I didn't like the kind that left strings in my teeth...wax beans?  Is that right?  The healthy things like boiled okra, frozen or fresh brussel sprouts fixed in any kind of way, regular green beans (frozen or fresh, or french canned) were fine.  That woman had a thing about me and those particular green beans though...to this day I won't eat them.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The rest of hand family had left over tuna paste bake from last night I had a tin of sardines in tomato sauce- yuck! I only eat them because they are good for me. It's the bones in them that are awful. Anyway we all had broccoli, asparagus and BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I know what you mean. When I was younger I used to love sardines in tomato sauce but now I can't stand them. Like you because of the bones. I don't understand why you can get sardines without bones as long as they are in olive oil but not in anything else. Maybe we need a write-in campaign to the various companies since I am reduced to eat those in oil which I am sure have more calories than those packed in anything else.. 

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

@Denice that sounds good!  I love brussel sprouts.  I even loved them as a kid.  My mom would try to force me as a kid to eat healthy things like green beans.  But I didn't like the kind that left strings in my teeth...wax beans?  Is that right?  The healthy things like boiled okra, frozen or fresh brussel sprouts fixed in any kind of way, regular green beans (frozen or fresh, or french canned) were fine.  That woman had a thing about me and those particular green beans though...to this day I won't eat them.
Those green beans were just old. Young green beans, particularly "blue lake", do not have strings. Also "wax beans" are yellow and I have never had strings on them. I hate those strings too, I feel as if I had hair in my mouth.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We love roasted brussel sprouts here..I actually took the nononpaleo recipe and adapted it for my own version that we love :)

Tonight I'll either have my recipe for slow cooker beef short ribs with salad or grilled ny strip steak with salad.  Carb will probably be two pieces of see's dark chocolate and nuts candy :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did you do with your Brussels?

Status
Not open for further replies.