Weight Control Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Believe it or not i drink wine and i'm the only one in my Weight Watchers class who doesn't count it within her points and still manages to lose weight!

I've been like this ever since i joined back in 1997 and they hate me for it!
, but if i was to have say those alcopops or vodka etc.. i gain?!.

I'll stick to wine!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I can't be of much help re drinking wine...I count it as a carb, so just have maybe 2 ounces (I use a shot glass to measure it out), so I can have a bit of something else carby also with my dinner.

Fortunately, a really good wine, and my sensitivity? 2 ounces is enough for me to really enjoy it!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May i join?
I have gained 10 kgs with in the past 6 months and im about to "having to buy a new waldrobe of pants"
I need to lose weight on my legs and hips
seriously.
I would so love to wear knee high boots but they all dont fit! (they never zip up)
So now i want to lose weight!
how and where do i start?

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weight watchers do their own brand of wine here, I haven't tasted it but I guess it would be easier to work out what it 'costs' point wise.

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to all of you who have lost weight, and good luck to those of you just starting!

I would just like to say, it's not will power you need, you need a lifestyle change. (I'm taking from Dr. Phil!). Change your house: buy only fruits and veggies and healthy stuff, get rid of all the junk food, get some good recipes etc. If you don't have it, you can't eat it!

I joined TOPS (http://www.tops.org/) and it's pretty good. I haven't really lost any weight lately. My weight is so annoying! Like last week, I lost 3 1/2 lbs. This week, I gained 2 1/4. It's always like that! Lose lots, gain half or more. Doesn't matter if I walk, or exercise, or eat salads, I still do the same thing! Anyone else have this problem?

I was down almost 10 lbs, then it s l o w l y came back......Now I'm back to my starting weight! And I joined in April 2004! It sucks! This year I am so losing weight! I don't want to end up like my aunts/my mom/my grandma, with high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, etc. So I am going to try really hard! And also, I'm a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding come next May (2006) so I want to look hot for that! Anyhow, I guess that's enough for now. Hope you all do good!

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anyone still posting at this thread?

I started Weight Watcher again 2 weeks ago. My mom started 3 weeks ago and my friend Lesley said we should start when she came back to work.

So 2 weeks into it I've lost 4 lbs so far and I think I'm doing pretty good. I gave up fast food back in April after seeing "Super Size Me" and that part is really easy.

The only thing I'm having an inner battle with is chips. Really would love a bag of Lays Salt and VInigar right about now

How is everyone else doing?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on a good start! I'm still doing my balanced carb thing and losing slower than slow...now up to 74.3# off and my lowest weight in almost 2 1/2 years

As for potato chips...I now just "say NO!"

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Creepyowl

Anyone still posting at this thread?

I started Weight Watcher again 2 weeks ago. My mom started 3 weeks ago and my friend Lesley said we should start when she came back to work.

So 2 weeks into it I've lost 4 lbs so far and I think I'm doing pretty good. I gave up fast food back in April after seeing "Super Size Me" and that part is really easy.

The only thing I'm having an inner battle with is chips. Really would love a bag of Lays Salt and VInigar right about now

How is everyone else doing?
I wanna join!! I need to as well. As for lack of motivation I have it. My grandma has offered to buy me a car or send me to hawaii if I can lose 50 pounds. I did good for about a week, then it all came back. Since then I have lost my motivation. I do okay if I am by myself but everyweekend when I am with my parents (they are thin and healthy btw) we go to this family gathering or that where there is all kinds of food sitting out and I blow it. I also one that craves fast food about 2-3x per week. I also crave like you wouldnt believe, chinese food. I count it as fast food though because they use white rice and I get either sesame or sweet and sour chicken, both of which are fried. I dont eat fish beef or pork, only turkey and chicken. Anyway, I wanna join!

As for the salt and vinegar chips, at the health food store they have some that are baked, or fried in healthier oils like canola or olive oil. maybe if you try some of them you might get hooked. It is still chips but at least it is healthier than the chips fried in veggie oil. I think the one I tried was sea salt and malt vinegar. they were good.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I want to join too! After quitting my job last year I lost 40 pounds. Now between selling our house and buying a new one and packing and unpacking, etc, I have gained about 20 back and have no motivation and need to get going again. I know what I have to do to lose it, I've done it before, but I just need to DO IT!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too re-started WW again this past week. I was on it about 2 years ago and lost about 25 lbs...then stopped (duh) before I got to my goal weight...and gained it all back, plus some.
When I got weighed last Wed. at my first meeting it was the scariest, highest number I have EVER seen on a scale!
So far this week I've been doing ok--I need to drink more H20 and get in a few more good sessions of really strenuous exercise to see a nice, big loss this first week.

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am in a program at our local womens gym "Shapers for life" I drink plenty of water and I finally made it down to 142 pounds when I did weigh 205 pounds. I have thyroid gland issues underactive so it has been a battle. Now all I need to do is find away to get rid of the extra bit of skin on my belly and some of the marks the weigh gain and loss has caused.

For everyone that is trying something great to get heathier and in better shape
Congrats and keep up the great work.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaiDreamer

I finally made it down to 142 pounds when I did weigh 205 pounds. I have thyroid gland issues underactive so it has been a battle. Now all I need to do is find away to get rid of the extra bit of skin on my belly and some of the marks the weigh gain and loss has caused.
Congratulations...awesome! I've come to the conclusion that I may need surgical removal of excess skin when I'm all done, but I'm also going to give the skin time to readjust and exercise the offending area (tummy).

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to everyone who has lost weight, it's never easy. Like a lot of you, I recently rejoined Weight Watchers. I lost about 25 lbs a few years ago, but never made goal, got careless and regained, plus a few. So far this time, I have lost 8 lbs, heading for 40.

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can I join you guys? After recently discovering that I'd gained about ten pounds (and I was already a bit overweight even before that), I've been dieting (eating 1300-1400 calories/day) and exercising - it's been about three weeks now, and I've lost four pounds, but I have 31 more to go to get to my goal - I find that I don't have a hard time sticking to my diet and getting exercise during the week when I'm busy (I've incorporated exercising into my day, for example walking or biking to school/work instead of taking the subway), but I'm terrible on the weekends when I have free time - I eat way too much and don't exercise, and I really think it's going to hurt my progress!

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome aboard all. I guess it would be cool if we all set a goal like they did when this thread was started a while back (I think this thread was dormant for a while and someone revived it.)

Ok like the first page on this thread, lets all try to drink more water.

a 120 pound woman is supposed to drink 64 oz. of water. So lets all try to up our water intake. Think of it like this. Water has no calories, but to digest water it takes calories. That will be our goal for this week. To try to drink more water. That is 3 of those 20 oz bottles+a few oz. If we have a bottle to sip throughout the morning, a bottle to sip through the afternoon, and another throughout the evening (try not to finish too late though! or you will be peeing all night long) Try it for a few days and report back. Next monday we will have a new goal.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I like the goal idea and it is so hot and steamy over here, it will be easy to drink lots of water today!

I did well eating wise yeserday. Cereal and salads. No walk though. WAY to hot.... I would have passed out.

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lost another pound!

I drink a lot of water all day at work and at home. I also drink diet coke. Its too many points to throw a juice in there. Today I splurged and had some apple juice.

I'm depressed today, and fighting the urge to use food as comfort. I took a nap, had cottage cheese and crackers for dinner and 2 fruit. Not hungry, so I"m not eating.

I need to lose another 34 pounds before I reach my goal!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats to everyone! I need some willpower. I've been pretty good on my diet, but it's been about 2.5 months now and I'm getting bored with it.
I seem to be starving lately, too which is something I haven't experienced up until this point. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.