Weight Control Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my chips as well but i have the WW chips instead, their not the same but i'm used to them now.

I'm even sticking to it over the christmas holidays because i dont want to put any weight back on for the sake of a week or two.

I love the point system and i can still have my crisps and biscuits

Keep it up everyone!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well chris & I have been on a loosing weight/ getting healthy plan for almost 2 months now - gosh I am so hungry

but seriously we have been eating a whole lot better and cut out alot of alcohol - we have a treadmill and weights set up at home and at the christmas sales we are going to buy an excerise bike. We do a work out almost every day - me only on the treadmill at the moment as I cant do weights as I have back problems - so unless my chircopractor says to do weights - i arent touching them - hopefully I am getting closer though. Oh and chris bought me one of those balls that you sit on and such for my birthday (hopefully you know what I mean there as I dont know what they are called - thats more to strengthen my back however)

We are both doing well - chris a whole lot better than me. I wont put how much he has lost as he might get annoyed if he ever saw it (not that he would) but I have lost almost 20lbs. I didnt think I was that overweight until I think about how much I have lost and how much I can still loose...

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phew!! For a minute I thought this thread had disappeared!!!! I'm actually getting a chance to post today cuz I've got a day off. I started a new job on Jan 4th and I'm so short of time in the evenings I barely get a chance to lurk nevermind post, I promise to make more of an effort

Anyway, I'm posting because I have to lose 30 Kilograms (that's about 66 pounds or almost 5 stones
) I've gotten over the 'oh my god how did I end up so fat' hurdle and now I'm in desperate need of willpower. I've bought a treadmill and am doing 2k every evening, I'm working up to 3k, and I've started changing what I eat.

I've started losing weight but I'm hoping that anyone else in a similar situation will rejoin this thread and we can all help each other to stay on the wagon

I have until September 2006 to lose about 2 1/2 - 3 stones because I'm getting hitched, I hope that's a realistic goal, I don't want to shift it all only to put it back on again.

I have my eye on a wedding dress you can see it here I want to fit into a size 14 (uk) please don't ask what size I am now...... the computer doesn't have that many keys
I'm thinking about having the coat in Ivory and the dress in lilac, we're going abroad to get married so I don't need a particularly traditional dress (thank goodness!).

Anyway enough of my rambling, I've not posted for so long I'm trying to make up for it!!!!. I hope we can get this thread going again

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...that dress is so beautiful. Good Lucky with your weight loss

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just seen this thread and hope that it is still an active one because I would like to join. I only get a little bit of time in the early daytime Mon-Fri to post, and I dont have access on the weekends,,so I dont do any 'old-post' digging, just respond to the current stuff. I will make this thread part of my 'to-do' list and stop by like everyother day or so. I usually get super motivated at first, and then my motivation slowly dies, so I will check in here often to hopefully avoid that happening. I weigh 155lbs. I would like to weigh 130lbs. I have gotten a very expensive gym membership, and I plan on using it. I am sick now though so will have to postpone it for a couple of days. I am going to do the water thing today. I already drink mostly water and no sodas, but I will try to drink more! That is my goal for the next three days! I will come back and renew my goal (if I have met it) every couple of days until enough time and small milestone goals have been met that I have developed all new healthy habits!! I hope that everyone initially involved will continue to post on this thread,, I'd love to hear people's current stories!!!!!

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok. I'm NOT happy with myself. I hate how fat I've gotten. I need to do something about it but I don't have the will power at the moment. There is a lot in my life I'm not happy with at the moment, but my weight is what is making me most depressed. I've lost weight with Weight Watchers before so I'm going to start counting my points again, maybe go to a few meetings. I can't afford to totally join again, but I know the meetings are free to go to and I have all the stuff to follow the program with. Please help support me in this. I'm even too afraid to weigh myself, I just can't fit in most of my clothes and its making me super sad

Sunday I'll start counting points, walking and NOT eating anything I shouldn't be. I know its a hard journey, but if I make it I'll be a happier person.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Creepyowl

Ok. I'm NOT happy with myself. I hate how fat I've gotten. I need to do something about it but I don't have the will power at the moment. There is a lot in my life I'm not happy with at the moment, but my weight is what is making me most depressed. I've lost weight with Weight Watchers before so I'm going to start counting my points again, maybe go to a few meetings. I can't afford to totally join again, but I know the meetings are free to go to and I have all the stuff to follow the program with. Please help support me in this. I'm even too afraid to weigh myself, I just can't fit in most of my clothes and its making me super sad

Sunday I'll start counting points, walking and NOT eating anything I shouldn't be. I know its a hard journey, but if I make it I'll be a happier person.
Creepyowl - I know how you feel - I have been there myself. I have a low willpower and I have a hard time saying no to certain foods like chips, potatoes, etc. But someone told me about the South Beach Diet and I thought I would look into it and so I started it - it has been really easy for me, and so far I have lost 10lbs, which is really exciting for me. The food is pretty good also, a lot of veggies which I don't mind!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Creepyowl

Tanya just a word about Weight Watchers!.

They now do it where you have "Full choice" which is the normal points or "No count" where you can have as much potatoes, pasta etc...(Similar to Slimming World?!).

I stick with the full choice because people have been known to stick or gain on the no count because they've piled their plates high!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rhian,
Very pretty dress..and yes, you can do this! I follow something a bit different (more strict) but also similar to the South Beach Diet (my diet came first LOL...south beach came later incorporating many of the same details)...I follow the Carbohydrateaddicts Lifespan Program by Dr.'s Richard and Rachel Heller.

Doing well...I tend to be a "turtle"...lose a good bit, gain a wee bit back, then lose some more...each month has a rhythm of up and down, but through it all, I keep inching down

As of this am's weight (I actually average my weight every 7 days, it gives a truer picture since dailys can go up and down just on water retention) I've lost almost 73 lb.s - in just under 2 years (as I said...I'm a turtle...but it's the turtle that won the race in the fable the tortoise and the hare
)

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm excited about this weight loss support. I need to lose about 30lbs. I've totally packed on the pounds since moving here to Colorado. Probably because I've been a little depressed. I have yet to find a job or meet any friends and my husband will be leaving for Iraq any day now. I'd like to look good when he gets back. I did sign up for curves and I did weight watchers before and know that works for me. I just need some focus and support. So thanks to you all in advance.

Erin

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to see all these replies
Congrats to Rosiemac, Pat and Alix and Kiwideus
My old passport is only 5 years old and I look like a different person. I want to look like that person again, like you said it will be hard but we can do it, I saw a photo of me at a recent wedding and I was horrified. Every time I feel like quitting I'm going to look at that photo, I don't want my wedding photo's to look like shamu is getting married

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rhian thats brilliant!!!!!!!

Well done you!. It's always an extra suprise when you lose more than you thought!.

I remember my last class before the christmas holidays. All i wanted to lose was 1 1/2lb to get to my 2 stone before the class ended for the 2 week holiday but i lost 2 1/2lb and i was so thrilled i could have cartwheeled around the hall!!!

Keep it up because you will get there!. I keep looking at my jeans for inspiration

And to all the rest of you stick with it because as they say in my fat class "You are what you eat!!!!"

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I better join this thread before I burst out of my clothes. My jeans are so tight that I can't even button one of my 2 pairs. Plus they are REALLY OLD. I weigh about 14 lbs more than I did this time last yr. Which is about 13 pounds more than I wanted to weigh to begin with. I have a treadmill that I paid alot of money for that I don't use. I don't go out for lunch or dinner very often (maybe 1x every 2 weeks) My downfall is wine. I love trying new kinds. I'm trying to limit myself to 1 bottle/week. I haven't even felt motivated which is the worst. I just say pictures from one of my friends birthday party a couple of weeks ago.HORRIBLE!!!!! I know once the weather warms back up and I'm outside gardening I lose some-but I have LOTS OF CLOTHES I cannot wear as they look bad. I'm going to try to take a walk outside tomorrow as the weather is nice. My hubby and I even made an easy pact-one lb week until we each reach goal and that haven't motivated me..HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.