Sweet Willow

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Fourteen year old Willow woke up from a nap this afternoon yowling and panting. By the time we arrived at the emergency vet she was actively dying and passed as they gave her oxygen. The suddenness of this all is crushing but I am thankful she didn’t need to suffer a long lingering illness.

She was, I discovered after adopting from a shelter her as a one year old, pretty much feral. She never trusted humans, me included, could not be picked up, never sat in my lap and only occasionally over the years allowed me to pet her. But that did not matter to me, she was still a joy to have around and I was more than happy to live by her rules. I am having trouble imagining a house without her in it.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your sudden loss of Willow.Crushing.We can never be fully prepared for their passing but if they are very sick for a while or quite old you at least know time might not be on your side. This does seem to be what happened to you. I'm sure it was very shocking. Again I am very sorry that you lost beautiful Willow.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Willow, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Here is the thing...Willow knew that she lived, breathed, and had her being wrapped in your love. And I know that she, in the only way she knew how, loved you right back. Her background kept her from expressing that love in the typical ways, but it was there. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are known, she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, and no longer hidden by fear, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. One day, someday, you will meet again, and she will press herself into your hands in joyous reunion.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sincere and deepest sympathies to you on the passing of Willow. :hugs: You gave her a wonderful home and took care of her needs, both health and well being. Willow knew she could trust you and now she is pain free. RIP sweet angel.:angel:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing can be said to lessen the pain of losing a loved one, but having friends to lean on and for support helps us to get back on our feet.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your little girl. I'm so happy for her though that she found you to care for her and love her. Very few would have given her a chance. But you opened your home and your heart and I am sure she loved you all the more for it.
You both developed a bond of love and respect over the years, that is something you will hold and cherish forever. To be loved and remembered after death is a very beautiful tribute, she left you a legacy of happy memories and you taught her how to trust a human again. She was content and happy and gave you one of this world's greatest treatest, a cat's love. She is at peace because of your love that she holds in her heart.
Do not dwell on her end, it was a moment in her life, concentrate on the happy memories and know whatever path she now follows will forever parallel your own. Go forward into the future and live it as you would want for her to go on if you were the frist to go. Not in perpetual sadness and tears but seeking what life has to offer and being thankful for your memories. Time brings about a softening of our grief, and only time helps to mend a broken heart. My thoughts and prayers are with your family, please know you will have many praying for your little one......RIP sweet Willow. You will always be remembered, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read about Willow. I'm glad she had someone as kind and patient as you to live with all these years.
RIP sweet girl. :angel:

Thank you for posting on Ruby's thread, while you are suffering your own loss. It's so hard losing our precious girls. Maybe Willow and Ruby will be friends as newbies at the rainbow bridge. :rbheart:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your sudden loss of Willow. The fact that you allowed her to retain her feral personality while living as your companion is the best life that any cat could ask for. She knew that you loved her and understood how lucky she was.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. What an awful shock for you.

:hugs:

I've lost cats that I was never able to touch too. It doesn't make it any easier, you feel their absence just as keenly. Thank you for giving Willow a loving home and letting her live by her rules for so long

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so so sorry. My condolences... if that is possible. Such trite words to say at this trying time. Just know Willow knew you loved her. She may have been a feral, and not touchable, but she knew..... ((hugs))