TS/Hurricane Rita

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for sharing them Candie - hopefully it will all look just like that tomorrow night too. The light looks very flat, almost steely grey in the photos, you must have a lot of cloud there now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's here you guys!!!!! I just went out and all the dirt from the site is being thrown in the air and you can't see good. The clouds are getting bad too. Gotta go and take a shower now. Will check in as much as possible now!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for all the prayers! Mom, I think it's time to go in and take a nap.......

babygirl'sdawn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Such a beautiful cat and I, like all the other TCS members, hope the best for you and yours. My thoughts will be with you this weekend.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for all the prayers! Mom, I think it's time to go in and take a nap.......
Awwww, Mittens is beautiful.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
, he is!

Just got up from a nice nap, the wind is picking up outside, and it's starting to rain harder. It's 6:50pm, here. They expect the eye right now, to hit landfall at 1am near Port Arthur, which puts us on the West side of the storm!! Remember...the east side can be the worst. Glad I took a 2 1/2 hour nap!!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

, he is!

Just got up from a nice nap, the wind is picking up outside, and it's starting to rain harder. It's 6:50pm, here. They expect the eye right now, to hit landfall at 1am near Port Arthur, which puts us on the West side of the storm!! Remember...the east side can be the worst. Glad I took a 2 1/2 hour nap!!
Glad you got some rest, Candie. It is going to be a long night. I saw where they are expecting the storm to hit Port Arthur. My husband thinks it will even be east of that, like maybe Lake Charles. Anyway, so far so good for you folks there.
Stay safe.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Candie,

Glad to hear you're hanging in there. Your house is adorable! It's like a bungalow.

My sister is starting to get stressed waiting for it all to start and be over.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

Hey Candie,

Glad to hear you're hanging in there. Your house is adorable! It's like a bungalow.

My sister is starting to get stressed waiting for it all to start and be over.
Ah thanks, Deb! I understand what your sister is going through. The anticipation of what's to come is driving me crazy. Are we going to have electricity or not?! It's so hard to tell. Zack keeps saying this is the worst, little rain and little wind...I hope he's right!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your home is lovely, Candie! Mittens, you're so adorable! Keep your Mom safe for us, ok!

Candie, I'm absolutely praying for you and will continue to do so. Please stay safe!
Have you collected ice in coolers? That's one thing I really wished I had done during the time our electricity was out with Ophelia!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Your home is lovely, Candie! Mittens, you're so adorable! Keep your Mom safe for us, ok!

Candie, I'm absolutely praying for you and will continue to do so. Please stay safe!
Have you collected ice in coolers? That's one thing I really wished I had done during the time our electricity was out with Ophelia!
Thank you Stephanie
We weren't able to get ice, none left anywhere since Wednesday. We'll be ok with what we managed to get. If worse come to worse, we'll walk over to my office, hop on the motorcycle, and go up North to my mom's to get more
That's the good thing about having a bike!

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*good vibes for all those in Rita's path*
I hope you and your kitties make it through the storm unharmed.

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zoe'n'MissKitty

*good vibes for all those in Rita's path*
I hope you and your kitties make it through the storm unharmed.
me too!!!!

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
House looks very sturdy - yeah! Love the mural on the school! Hopefully you took some pictures inside of the house too. We do that every so often for insurance - just to prove at least we had what we said we had at some point!

Good vibes coming your way!!!!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Talon

House looks very sturdy - yeah! Love the mural on the school! Hopefully you took some pictures inside of the house too. We do that every so often for insurance - just to prove at least we had what we said we had at some point!

Good vibes coming your way!!!!
Yes, we did. Those are private pics, house isn't that straightened up like I would like to have it

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good - private is still good enough to the insurance company in case you need it!