TS/Hurricane Rita

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope hubby can get up there with some kind of tarp soon to prevent water from getting into the house. Glad you are safe and that it wasn't worse, Candie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our landlord just left, he said it is actually fine for right now...I won't allow Zack on the roof (he has a bad back--had a disc taken out a few years back)...it could have been so much worse here. We are very thankful. The wind is still pretty fierce and it is drizzling. I am glad we have power! I just hope my mother gets it back soon.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Our landlord just left, he said it is actually fine for right now...I won't allow Zack on the roof (he has a bad back--had a disc taken out a few years back)...it could have been so much worse here. We are very thankful. The wind is still pretty fierce and it is drizzling. I am glad we have power! I just hope my mother gets it back soon.
Candie, glad to see you made it through the storm. I am amazed you have power. Hope you get a tarp on the roof soon. COVER UP THAT NEW COUCH!
How did the cat and dog do during the night? Were they terribly scared.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Candie, what an incredible relief!
Wow, I'm so thankful you're ok!

Sure hope your Mom gets her electricity back soon as well as all the other families involved. Many prayers are being said today for the individuals suffering due to this storm.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a relief to hear that you're ok and that damage was minimal
. Hope your mum gets her power back soon and that this storm fizzles out into nothing for everyone else in its way.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

Candie, glad to see you made it through the storm. I am amazed you have power. Hope you get a tarp on the roof soon. COVER UP THAT NEW COUCH!
How did the cat and dog do during the night? Were they terribly scared.
Watson slept through it, Mittens was real quiet...but I woke up about every other hour to look outside and he would just follow me everywhere I walked. I just picked him up several times and he would just purr. We let him roam the house instead of keeping him in one room just in case he wanted to hide in the shower or something. When he woke us up at 5am, I put him in the kitchen, but it scared him so bad he jumped over the dishwasher and started howling at the door. I am pretty much exhausted at this point. We've got a lot of cleaning to do...but we are waiting til the winds die down some. I'm not too worried about the couch getting wet...I suspect Gary (our landlord) will look at it more later this week.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A hurricane at night is worse than one in the daytime. We had Ophelia here last week and it was during the night. I am glad you made it through. I know you are tired. Just don't try to do everything at once. The main thing is go to bed early tonight and try to get caught up on your rest.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are After Rita pics. Just a few...

You'll see trees down, the big victorian house is where I work, you'll see our backyard, black dog (MoonBear~neighbor's dog), piece of our roof in driveway.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how much rain do you think you will be getting? We are supposed to get the remants of Rita's rain next Wed-Friday!!! Way up here! Watched the news this morning and it looked like you said that you got lucky... Better drink that beer before it gets warm.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Candie, what an incredible relief!
Wow, I'm so thankful you're ok!

Sure hope your Mom gets her electricity back soon as well as all the other families involved. Many prayers are being said today for the individuals suffering due to this storm.
I'm so glad you're okay, Candie.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

A neighbor of mine said the following (about Rita):

In the end, it felt a lot like Christmas

No work/ no school
The family was all here
We ate too much
We got bored
And the gift was disappointing, though we knew we shouldn't feel that way.

Gotta have a sense of humor in all this....

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear it wasn't as bad as they expected it to be. Hopefully there will be no more now.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you are well, Candie. Although I still feel bad about the rumors...did you ever tell dh that we had you pregnant and with a boyfriend?!?

Glad you and the pets made it through, now for all the people of Texas to come home, and everyone to clean up the messes!

I can't even tell you what a relief it is to get on-line and learn that you are okay! Now everyone else needs to check in, too.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh goodness I just read over ten pages of this thread - i'm so happy to read these last few

love ya to death Candie!
So glad you Zach, Mittens & Watson are OK!!!

Anyone heard from Ari?

asterix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So pleased there was not the same loss of life as in Katrina.