TS/Hurricane Rita

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am from Lake Charles, La.
My mom and dad are here in Missouri but alot of my family including my younger sister are still there (they are crazy, i think)
Please pray for them to be safe. Right now its pretty bad there!!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How scary for you and your family!
Sending lots of stay safe vibes their way.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much!!
My mom and I just talked to my younger sister (still in Lake Charles) and she was joking about having her floaties ready!!!

Can ya'll believe her?
She also said that the wind and rain is just soooo strong!!!

fritsnikki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Prayers goin out there.

And btw - My dad would've said the same thing she did. They have rather odd sense of humor.
*shrugs*

-- Bethany

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fritsnikki

Prayers goin out there.

And btw - My dad would've said the same thing she did. They have rather odd sense of humor.
*shrugs*

-- Bethany
yeap thats an odd sense of humor.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please be safe!! The worst is yet to come...it's only 10:45 and the eye is suppose to make landfall around 1am. I hope your family is ok! We are just getting stonger winds right now and some rain. Come on Rita, hurry up and go away!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been watching Fox News with coverage. Brace yourself Candie. The bands are about to hit you in Houston. They said the worst isn't the strength of the storm anymore, but that she's moving so slowly that it's going to be a constant barrage of wind and rain.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the path, but especially our dear friends from TCS (namely Candie and Zach and Ariana and Dylan who are on the western edge of the path, I believe) and their animal family members (Mittens, Watson; Baylee, Max and Jordan).

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I've been watching Fox News with coverage. Brace yourself Candie. The bands are about to hit you in Houston. They said the worst isn't the strength of the storm anymore, but that she's moving so slowly that it's going to be a constant barrage of wind and rain.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the path, but especially our dear friends from TCS (namely Candie and Zach and Ariana and Dylan who are on the western edge of the path, I believe) and their animal family members (Mittens, Watson; Baylee, Max and Jordan).
Did Ari move from San Antonio to Houston?!?!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WEll...I hope something happens soon, this is like waiting for someone to have a baby or something! We are sooo bored waiting for something to happen. We've been going outside on the porch every 5 minutes. We've had worse storms...but I know, we still have more to come

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We arew feeling it here in Baton Rouge but it is not as bad (thus far) as hurricane Juan in Halifax - only reference point for me, I hope I have not spoken too soon tho!!! It does not sound good in NO or in Galvaston with that major fire!!! We have our own generator at the hospital (where I am typing from) so we are OK. I hope we'll be fine at any rate. However, I don;t think any "'cane" should be taken lightly!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Did Ari move from San Antonio to Houston?!?!
I couldn't remember what city she lived in. I asked last night if she was in the path and she said she was, but on the outer edge, but that she was really worried about her parents who were still in, and staying in, Houston.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 3:30am right now...

Looks like Cameron Parish in Louisiana is taking the hardest impact according to Weather.com. It's hard to sleep, it's been windy but it doesn't seem that nothing bad has happened yet outside, no fallen trees yet. Houston has gotten VERY LUCKY!
It doesn't look like we'll lose power at this point. I'm gonna try and go back to sleep now...there's annoying beep I keep hearing from outside...

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

It's 3:30am right now...

Looks like Cameron Parish in Louisiana is taking the hardest impact according to Weather.com. It's hard to sleep, it's been windy but it doesn't seem that nothing bad has happened yet outside, no fallen trees yet. Houston has gotten VERY LUCKY!
It doesn't look like we'll lose power at this point. I'm gonna try and go back to sleep now...there's annoying beep I keep hearing from outside...
Poor Louisiana ...geeze how much can one state take......

I'm glad you are all right though....stay safe...kiss the kit for me...and sleep well

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spoke with my sister in Houston about 30 minutes ago. Thankfully, it ended up not being very bad at all. They never even lost power where she is. Hope to hear from you soon, Candie.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We made it through...there are so many tree branches down right now, and we'll need a new roof. The bad part of the roof (the front) where you see the bad shingles if you looked at the pictures I took....half are gone and some of the black paper is in the driveway. My car is unharmed, thank God! My mother and stepfather don't have power along with about a million other people. I am trying to get the tv up and running now. Houston got really lucky...and we are still praying for our Louisiana friends though...I'll be outside with the camera soon!!