Trying to bring in an outdoor cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Stewball and Linda. He came back around 2 PM and has been in and out since then all the rest of the day. I've been in the kitchen so have kept a good eye on him while he is outside. He has stuck close to home this afternoon. He is such a rascal he wears me out sometimes! LOL!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Just checking in to see how PiPi is doing.. what a great story!.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so great that he is back. i wonder were he goes. Today bell has been in all day and he shows no signs of wanting to go out. He just says in the bedroom all day. I think this will be the first night he will sleep in the house. I am so happy. Judy did you hear we are having a big snowstorm Monday night in to tues. Ugh

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi pipi and stewball . I got Bella to sleep all night inside. He had no interest in going out. Thanks for this tread on how to bring my outdoor cat in side. I hope pipi came home last night.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they are so cute together .
So very cute Linda. I'm glad your Bell is now sleeping inside too. Pi-Pi spent the night again and came in around 4:15 to stay in. Too much snow out there for him to do much. This morning he went out but has been coming in A LOT!. He meows at me a lot too. I couldn't figure out why until I tossed him one of his toys--a paper wad ball. He LOVES those things batting them all over the place. I think he is bored having to spend so much time inside and that's why he is meowing. He's like a child saying, "Maaaaaameeeee I have nothing to dooooooooo!" YES, we are going to have a major snow storm in this area starting tomorrow and running through Tuesday. Tomorrow isn't supposed to be too bad until it really starts to come down around 11 PM they say. Unfortunately my friend who is staying here and I have been invited out to dinner Monday night. Nice that we have been invited but not so nice that I have to think about Pi in regard to it. I am hoping that he continues to stay close to home tomorrow like he is today and comes in no later than 4 to 4:30 PM. I will then give him an early lock down and put a gate up between the kitchen and dining room as Happy will be in the living and dining room area. I will have to leave them in the house together ALONE with just the gate between them. I may also put Pi in his gated area which would give the protection of 2 gates between them. I will be nervous the whole time I am out to dinner because that's just the way I am. My visiting friend is someone who worries about nothing (really) but I worry about everything it seems these days. Its just that it all seems to be moving so fast with storms and important appointments to keep and things of all sorts that have to be worked through while trying to keep my little Pi safe and my little Happy from getting his feelings hurt. To say nothing of his nose if Pi takes a swipe at him. I have a very important appointment Tuesday (the day of the storm) but Monday I am going to try to reschedule. Praying I can as it is not going to be safe driving in that snowstorm. They say a blizzard! I am planning to keep Pi in all day on Tuesday. So hoping and praying he comes in as usual on Monday evening. On Tuesday I will lock down the pet door but leave the kitchen door ajar so he can go to the garage if he wants to relieve his boredom. Unfortunately there will be two cars in the garage because of the weather. Oh joy. Wish me luck and good luck to you Linda on Long Island as you will be getting what we get here they say.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I am one stupid lady. The storm had not started much snow this morning so I let Pi out while I did errands to get food in here for the big storm. I thought since he was going to be locked in tomorrow from tonight on I'd let him have today. There is snow on the ground from last week and it was lightly snowing. He came in at 2 PM and I wasn't concerned as he had been staying close to home. My friend came into the room and out he went. I saw him sitting under his favorite evergreen bush so wasn't worried and figured the next time he came in I'd lock the door. It is now 5:15 and getting dark and the snow is starting to pile up. He might still be able to make it home if he isn't far away and unhurt. But it will be a struggle as its at least 6" deep now with last weeks. The major storm is supposed to start around 10 PM and there will be major winds, power outages, etc. If he doesn't get back here I don't think he can live through this. I keep kicking myself for being so stupid as to let him go out again when he came in at 2 PM. I had my chance and let it go. Egad what a dope!

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now I am laughing so hard I think I will split. Just after I made my last post I heard a thump. I looked up just to see Pi enter through the door to my front hall. He has been wanting to go out that way into the house for ages but I haven't let him yet. When I came into the kitchen around 2 when Pi had been here I saw that door was open and my friend in the kitchen. I had asked her to always close the door but she forgot. I went all around to see if he had gone into the other part of the house and upstairs and no Pi. Ahhhh but he must have been hiding knowing he wasn't supposed to be there. So now my boy is safe from the storm and we have a happy ending! For now at least. LOL!

Last edited:

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh my god you must have been so worried. Thank god he came back before the storm. You friend must think you are crazy.Did you go for dinner at your friends house today or did she cancel.

So I did something funny last night. Bell wanted to sleep on her bench that is heated. At 2 in the morning Nemo wanted to go out. So I made Bella come in. After a hour he wanted to go back out. I was so sleepy that I did not care and put him out and closed the door on him because you know I need my sleep. HaHa When my husband opened the door Bell ran right in the house and jumped on the bed and stayed all day and now and did not even cry. So now he is in for the night and all day tomorrow.My cats got along very well all day today. My neighor came in to visit and they both ran under the bed together. It was so funny. I am glad PiPi is in for the night.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Should we be starting our own threat since I got a message something about highJacking? How do we start our own threat? Judy and Judy I am on Facebook.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stewball and Linda - sharing info about your own experiences is fine in an existing thread.  In fact, that's what we want!

But if you have a specific question that differs from the original one, it is better to start a new thread.  Your question can get lost in all the chatter on the existing thread.  A new question can also "water down" the original thread or divert attention from the original issue.

You don't need to be on Facebook to be on TCS, although many of our members reinforce friendships they've made here on Facebook.

Keep posting - you did nothing wrong!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
As Ondine has mentioned, it's OK to post your own experiences to help another member, but the focus of this thread needs to be Pi.

If you have questions about your own cats it is best to start a thread of your own. Here is a tutorial on how to do so:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/discussion-forum-tutorial#user_startanewthread

If you have any further questions, especially about how the forums are run or what is considered hijacking, please do take it to a Private Message. You can PM any Moderator with questions. :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry AbbeysMom but I didn'tunderstand your message and Onidin had explained it adequately

Status
Not open for further replies.