Trying to bring in an outdoor cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Linda so sorry you had that scare with Nemo. I would have been a basket case if it happened with Happy.

Stewball I guess Pi is a house cat now whether or not he thinks so. We had warnings on the news tonight and last night to keep all small pets (and even large ones) inside unless on a leash. Reason is coyotes are in the area and in some places are denning under people's decks. They are disparate for food because of all the snow and cold. So I am using the time until the snow melts to get Pi used to a harness. That way he can still go out in the yard but with me at the other end of a leash. I let him come up to the second floor to investigate today but he is still sleeping downstairs for a while longer.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linda so sorry you had that scare with Nemo. I would have been a basket case if it happened with Happy.

Stewball I guess Pi is a house cat now whether or not he thinks so. We had warnings on the news tonight and last night to keep all small pets (and even large ones) inside unless on a leash. Reason is coyotes are in the area and in some places are denning under people's decks. They are disparate for food because of all the snow and cold. So I am using the time until the snow melts to get Pi used to a harness. That way he can still go out in the yard but with me at the other end of a leash. I let him come up to the second floor to investigate today but he is still sleeping downstairs for a while longer.
Good for you and for pi pi. Maybe he was a house cat somewhere along line.
Maybe he's scared when you open the door as he's afraid he's goingbbe chucked out again. Have you thought of that? Inside is good. Outside is nasty. You must tell him that. Has happy stopped chasing pi?

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good for you and for pi pi. Maybe he was a house cat somewhere along line.
Maybe he's scared when you open the door as he's afraid he's goingbbe chucked out again. Have you thought of that? Inside is good. Outside is nasty. You must tell him that. Has happy stopped chasing pi?
Hi Stewball. Happy still playfully chases Pi around the dining room table sometimes. It's all in good fun though even if Pi isn't so sure.

Since Pi was determined to be about 10 months old when he was neutered in September 2014 that means he was about 7 months old when he started coming into my yard so I doubt he was a house cat before entering my house.

Here is a photo I took tonight of his greatly improved eye. I will have been treating it 1 week tomorrow and will continue to for a while until it looks 100% clear. The stuff in the inside corner is just ointment

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a lovely picture. Pi pi is looking really at home. Well done you.
Pi-Pi IS at home Stewball! They are upstairs in the entrance to my office. Pi just started coming upstairs in the daytime yesterday. I will soon let him come up at night and see how it goes. Not tonight though as I have an early morning appointment and have to be sure to get my sleep.

Change of subject. Is that one of your grandchildren in your profile picture? Very cute.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pi-Pi IS at home Stewball! They are upstairs in the entrance to my office. Pi just started coming upstairs in the daytime yesterday. I will soon let him come up at night and see how it goes. Not tonight though as I have an early morning appointment and have to be sure to get my sleep.

Change of subject. Is that one of your grandchildren in your profile picture? Very cute.
That's the baby. She's 10 months old. Her sister is 16 years old. She's a lovely
little girl.

anne with cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Awwe  Mom you caught us! We were just chillin! "    Too cute!  I think they are becoming best buddies. Cute picture! 

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My outdoor cat and my indoor cat are doing great. I think my gwen was actually talking to bell. She was chatting with bell. Last night they even slepted closer face to face. I also left them together for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. All went well. The weather is getting nice and I feel so guilty when bell looks outside. Nemo was laying on the deck in the sun and bell use to lay with him. Ugh it is so hard. But I think he wants to be in the house. We will see. Maybe it is more me feeling this way because my husband felt bad and opened the door and bell went out but came back in after 5 min. Stewball does your 2 cats ever fight? I am just waiting bell and gwen never fought yet. Gwen was just growling in the beginning.
Your grandaughter is so cute.

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Mod Note:

The problem with Pi has been resolved.  This thread is now more a 'cat chat' thread.  Some of the posts have been moved to The Cat's Meow so that the discussion may continue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.