The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953
 let us know how it goes.  Everyone has given you some great ideas for places to go for assistance - surely one of those will come through. This is exactly the kind of thing that people like volunteering to help with!  :heart4:

I just had a weird experience.  I was grooming Paul and I heard this odd raspy sound, kind of like someone sanding wood.  It took me a second to realize it was Paul purring! :D   In the year and a half since he moved in, I have never heard him purr although I know he does because I can feel the vibrations in his throat.  This boy does like to be groomed!  :catguy:
How cute! It was a long time before I heard Henry purr. Now he does it all the time. He has been spending more time with Sophie. They pretty much ignored each other for the longest time. Now when she is on the bed with me, he will go lie beside her and purr. They don't interact but they do like being near each other. it's funny. When he was in his safe room, Lilith would spend hours in there just keeping him company. When he came out, she laid down the law as to who was queen of the castle. Most of the time she ignores him now unless he does something she doesn't like and she feels the need to discipline him with hisses, slaps or both. Fortunately he doesn't break her laws often. He is a true gentleman and tries to stay on the straight and narrow with her. :lol3:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
How cute! It was a long time before I heard Henry purr. Now he does it all the time. He has been spending more time with Sophie. They pretty much ignored each other for the longest time. Now when she is on the bed with me, he will go lie beside her and purr. They don't interact but they do like being near each other. it's funny. When he was in his safe room, Lilith would spend hours in there just keeping him company. When he came out, she laid down the law as to who was queen of the castle. Most of the time she ignores him now unless he does something she doesn't like and she feels the need to discipline him with hisses, slaps or both. Fortunately he doesn't break her laws often. He is a true gentleman and tries to stay on the straight and narrow with her.
I hope Paul starts purring out loud, too.  And I wish they would chat with me - Paul and Chula are so quiet I thought they were mute when they first joined my family.

I remember when Henry was still in his room and Lilith was his constant companion.   It's wonderful how he is blossoming but he has obviously learned that the ladies are in charge!  

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope Paul starts purring out loud, too.  And I wish they would chat with me - Paul and Chula are so quiet I thought they were mute when they first joined my family.

I remember when Henry was still in his room and Lilith was his constant companion.   It's wonderful how he is blossoming but he has obviously learned that the ladies are in charge!  
I love hearing kitties purr!  Connor purrs at a normal volume, but Murphy purrs really loudly.  Once I even had to kick him out of the bedroom while I was working because one of the people I called asked what the noise was.  Haha

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I remember when Henry was still in his room and Lilith was his constant companion.   It's wonderful how he is blossoming but he has obviously learned that the ladies are in charge!  :D
Yes she was. She would stay in there with him for hours. It was like she knew that he needed her. As soon as he came out, she stopped doing that. Now he and Sophie are friendly. Funny how that works.

Oh yes. He knows who the queen is. Sophie's more laid back but will give Lily sass back when she gets it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've got calls into 2 churches and the Base Chaplain.  My dear friend and neighbor, Suzanne, is going to call some folks she knows who are in AA, since part of their recovery is doing service things.  Something good will happen,  I can feel it in my bones...but in the meantime, ya'll...PRAY!

I'm out...back to boxes.  I MISS IT HERE!  See you all next week.  Once I'm in, I can take my time unpacking every thing.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've got calls into 2 churches and the Base Chaplain.  My dear friend and neighbor, Suzanne, is going to call some folks she knows who are in AA, since part of their recovery is doing service things.  Something good will happen,  I can feel it in my bones...but in the meantime, ya'll...PRAY!

I'm out...back to boxes.  I MISS IT HERE!  See you all next week.  Once I'm in, I can take my time unpacking every thing.
You may have mentioned this before, but which base do you live near?  I have friends at various bases.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cherry Point Marine Air Base in Havelock, NC
Oh, I'm sorry, I don't know anyone there.  I have friends in 29 Palms, San Diego, Arizona, and other friends scattered all over the country, but North Carolina is one of the few places with no one I know.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome!  I absolutely love it!  Yay for kitties!

So, I got some people in trouble.  A percentage of my calls are monitored and I kept getting marked down for a specific thing that I was doing right and I knew I was right so I refused to change it.  I took it the big kahuna (she really likes me anyway).  She held a meeting with all the monitors to make sure everyone knew how it was to be done and my negative scores were reversed.  So yay me.  Stubborness wins!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Alicia88, they're lovely.  But, you do know that there's already a thread for adult coloring books?  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/301902/adult-coloring-books   It currently runs to 22 pages.  Understand; I'm not objecting to you posting this here (I believe that, by definition, nothing is off topic in this thread); just suggesting that you may want to check out the other thread as well.

By the way, do the babbling thread rules (at least 15 words, no consecutive messages from the same person) apply here?  I think those were part of the babbling thread because of the prizes involved, which wouldn't apply here, so far as I know, but since this is an extension of that thread....

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Alicia88, they're lovely.  But, you do know that there's already a thread for adult coloring books?  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/301902/adult-coloring-books   It currently runs to 22 pages.  Understand; I'm not objecting to you posting this here (I believe that, by definition, nothing is off topic in this thread); just suggesting that you may want to check out the other thread as well.

By the way, do the babbling thread rules (at least 15 words, no consecutive messages from the same person) apply here?  I think those were part of the babbling thread because of the prizes involved, which wouldn't apply here, so far as I know, but since this is an extension of that thread....

Margret
Didn't know about that thread.  I might check it out later.  But for now, I just got off work and I'm going to eat or take a shower or read a book or SOMETHING that doesn't require talking to anyone.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margret
Pretty sure there are no rules to this thread and no worries re
or

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Margret

Pretty sure there are no rules to this thread and no worries re
or

Always worry about 
 and 
  I need a mwahahahaha evil laughter smilie here 

But to clarify - 

The contest rules do not apply here or anywhere else on the site. No need to count words or anything. Just practice good netiquette as we all should across the forums. If someone were to post 4 consecutive posts for no reason, with two words each or just silly drivel posts, there certainly will be some 
 and possibly even some 
just because we strive to make the forums fun and interesting and easy to read. It's not specific to this thread though. And just in case anyone wonders what might be frowned upon or worse, it's always good to link to these -

The forum rules

[article="30229"]13 Surefire Tips For Getting Better Faster Replies In The Forums​[/article]  

Status
Not open for further replies.