TheCatSite.com Forums Rules & Guidelines
- One account per person please.
- There is always room for different opinions, however, intolerance, bigotry, and religious ridicule will not be tolerated. Additionally, there is no room for flames, slams, and personal vendettas that carry on to the public view.
- Controversial and/or political topics are restricted to the IMO Forum. Please take a moment to read the rules posted there before you join the discussions.
- Posting of graphic and/or objectionable photos is strictly forbidden.
- Keep your posts clean and family-friendly. Swearing, including veiled swearing will be deleted out of your post as soon as it is noticed. For members that enjoy posting as their cat, this is only allowed in designated threads in the Cat's Meow forum; as it tends to distract from our ability to provide helpful answers and causes confusion when mixed with traditional posting.
- Reviews of businesses, organizations and products should be posted to the Reviews section and not on the forums. Provide a factual review based on your own experience. Keep a respectful tone and avoid flaming. Do not review your own listing or that of an employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group. The rules of the forums as detailed in this page apply in the reviews section as well.
- If you see any potential problem with a post, please alert a moderator by clicking the little red flag at the bottom of the post. Do not address the issue by replying in the thread - let the moderators handle the situation.
- Always be courteous in your contacts with team members, whether public or private.
- Refrain from posting complaints and negative feedback on the public forums. Public discussion of any Mod actions, such as thread editing, thread removal and revocation of memberships, is strictly prohibited. Complaints and feedback of any kind are welcome when delivered courteously via PM's to team members, or directly to the site owner, Anne at email@example.com.
- TCS does not endorse any of the opinions expressed in contributions to the site by any member (including team members) and reserves the right to remove any of them at any time and for any reason. Once you post, you are giving TCS the right to edit, publish and distribute your published content, including but not limited to posts, pages, reviews, albums and images. You cannot withdraw or retract your content contributions or seek payments from us in relation to this license at any time. Should you choose to leave the site, your account, including your posts, reviews, images and any other contributions to the site, will not be deleted. If you delete any of your content it may be un-deleted by the site team.
Solicitations and Promotions -
- Website promotion is not allowed, other than in a discreet link in your signature, or an ad in the marketplace forum. Linking outside the site is allowed where relevant, though we prefer to use the resources available on this site. Posts that are judged to be spammy in nature by the site team may get edited or deleted.
- No solicitation of products/services is allowed in private messaging or threads, with the exception of the Market Place. This includes solicitations of personal works. Please check this thread for more details and contact a team member if in doubt.
- Members are allowed one post in the SOS forum for asking for donations or other forms of support for a cat welfare organization. Repeated postings for the same cause or organization will be deleted.
- Posting of contests not sanctioned by TheCatsite.com is prohibited (exceptions made at the discretion of the site owner). TheCatsite.com runs its own contests periodically. If you are interested in being the sponsor for one of these contests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links to Youtube pages and videos are not allowed - if you wish to share a video, please embed it into your post.
- Links to surveys, or survey questions, regarding projects unrelated to this website require permission from the site owner prior to posting. Please contact a team member if in question or email email@example.com
Cat Care Policies, Guidelines and Stances
1. If you suspect that your cat may be ill, please contact your vet immediately. No online advice can replace direct veterinary intervention.You are welcome to look for advice in the health forum while waiting for that appointment, but never delay proper veterinary care waiting for Internet advice.
2. Do not provide medical advice. Discussing various options is encouraged and you may share your experience including details about what kind of medication was administered and dosage. However, do not suggest to another member that they should change anything in the course of treatment prescribed by their vet without first consulting with a qualified veterinarian.
3. This is a pro-spay-and-neuter website. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cats. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old. If you take care of a feral colony, please make sure to do so responsibly by practicing TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release) protocols within the colony. Read More Here.
4. This website is anti-declawing. Understand that if you are pro-declaw in your posts, you will encounter opposition. Please learn more about alternatives for declawing here in our forums as well as on our website itself. Declaw - More than Just a Manicure.
Purraise is the name we use for our reputation system. That's the green ribbons you're seeing near your username (and only you are seeing them).
- Do not ask for Purraise, explicitly or otherwise, for a specific contribution or in general.
- Do not hold grudges with Purraise. Give it to any contribution that you feels deserves acknowledgement, regardless of your relationship with the contributor.
- Do not give Purraise to a post of a member just because you like them. The POST itself should be worthy of the rep.
- Never coordinate Purraise, offer it conditionally or otherwise try to manipulate the system. This will be considered a violation of the site's rules.
How We Handle Rules & Policy Violations
Trolls & Spammers who posts spam or inappropriate/objectionable content on the board or in PMs are subject to an immediate ban without notice or remedy.
If you see a potential problem with a posting, please alert a moderator by clicking the little red flag at the bottom of the post - . State as clearly as you can the reason the post should be removed or edited and allow the moderator to work from there.
At times some posts will vanish from the board, as they will need to be cleaned up and put back. Sometimes they just don’t return.
Members unable or unwilling to follow the guidelines may have their membership privileges revoked without warning under the sole discretion of TCS Staff. These decisions are made privately, communicated privately to the member in question, and will not be discussed with other members.
If you are not pleased with the way this site is run or have an issue with one of the team, you are welcome to contact the owner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting about it in the forums and threatening to leave the site will not be tolerated. Any post in violation of this rule will be edited or removed without prior notice and membership privileges may be revoked.
Warning: If you receive a pm that is a warning, it will serve merely as a rule reminder and will not affect your membership privileges. This would be for something minor, such as a signature violation.
Infraction: Receiving an infraction by pm means that a serious rule violation has taken place. Action may or may not be taken regarding your membership privileges. This is at the sole discretion of the TCS team since not all cases are the same. As always, decisions and actions will be kept private and can only be discussed with mods and admins through pm's.