The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I have not seen the sequel to Airplane. I have the original DVD of it.. it sounds good....

I know you have to make a living, but I really, really dislike strongly telemarketers and survey people... sorry. 

A very hard job to do....
Don't compare me to a telemarketer!!!  Those bloodsucking leeches are horrible and annoying!  If they didn't call and annoy people all the time, my job would be so much easier!  LOL

The job isn't hard, just boring and annoying.  I'm supposed to get at least 21 completed surveys an hour.  I get closer to 27 or 28.  Piece of cake.  Just so sick of stupid people and jerks.  If you don't want to do it, just say that.  No need to cuss me out for 10 minutes while calling me every name in the book.  I'm not allowed to hang up on anyone so I have to sit there and take the abuse.  It's a good thing I have thick skin.  I totally tune it out and read a book and when I stop hearing the annoying drone of the voice in the background, I'll come back with whatever generic pat response is appropriate.

This is SO true.  And also hilarious.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Are you sure it isn't dislocated?  My sister managed to do that.  It was very painful and swollen.
Nah.  It has been doing this once in a while for the past few months.  I'm betting on tendonitis, with my history of it.  And it is much better today.  Back to packing tomorrow.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nah.  It has been doing this once in a while for the past few months.  I'm betting on tendonitis, with my history of it.  And it is much better today.  Back to packing tomorrow.
I hope it stops hurting soon.

Ohmigosh, I was laying next to Connor and he had his head resting on the inside of my elbow and my other arm was in front of him.  He reached his front legs and curled them around my wrist and squeezed.  This cat has some muscles.  Anyway, it was the cutest sweetest hug.  And I'm about to tear up.  I love my babies!!!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:

Am I correct in deducing that you do telephone surveys for your job?  It's a difficult year for that kind of job.

Margret
Yes.  The survey I do is for a rental car company I am not allowed to name.  I ask 2 questions and it would less than a minute if people would shut the heck up and answer them.

On the bright side, the building I used to work at closed and I've been working from home since the beginning of August.  So, I play around on my laptop, my phone, read books, cuddle kitties, etc.  I'm very good at my job and an expert multitasker.

Still, this job repeatedly underscores the stupidity of the world.  But, I understand how we ended up with 2 worst presidential candidates in history.  People are dumb.
Yes, many people are.  You may also be running into some antagonism because people are tired of calls from someone saying he's with the IRS and they're about to charge you with a crime, or he's with Microsoft and your computer is infected.  After a while one begins to think that any call from a stranger must be a scam.

I have been shopping for my wedding all day. But of course I forgot a whole bunch of things even though we had a list. Gah! So ready for the planning part of this to be over. 
Weddings are always like this.  You end up totally frazzled, but then it's over and you have good memories and great pictures.

May I suggest asking the mothers of the bride and groom for help?  It makes the mothers feel useful and appreciated, gives you the advantage of their experience, and can take some of the pressure off of you.  Everything won't be exactly the way you would have done it if you'd had infinite time and money, but the wedding will still go well and you'll be closer to the mothers, which will pay off big time in the years to come.

Margret

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Quote:

Yes, many people are.  You may also be running into some antagonism because people are tired of calls from someone saying he's with the IRS and they're about to charge you with a crime, or he's with Microsoft and your computer is infected.  After a while one begins to think that any call from a stranger must be a scam.

Weddings are always like this.  You end up totally frazzled, but then it's over and you have good memories and great pictures.

May I suggest asking the mothers of the bride and groom for help?  It makes the mothers feel useful and appreciated, gives you the advantage of their experience, and can take some of the pressure off of you.  Everything won't be exactly the way you would have done it if you'd had infinite time and money, but the wedding will still go well and you'll be closer to the mothers, which will pay off big time in the years to come.

Margret
That is true - there are scams everywhere - but since I'm able to tell them date and location of their rental as well as what they rented and I don't ask for any personal information, maybe they should give me the benefit of a doubt.  I mean, I ask if they were satisfied and if they would use the company again.  Then thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, we were sitting talking about KFC for some reason.  I don't know why because it is a very depressing topic.  All the KFCs in the surrounding area have closed.  The nearest one is 2 hours away.  Anyway, thinking about that greasy, delicious, heart attack in a bucket made my mouth water and I swear, I can almost smell it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I used to dearly love KFC. I don't know why, but man, I liked that stuff. I don't know if my tastes have changed or what, but it's been at least three years, if not longer, that I've eaten anything from KFC. Same with Burger King....loved the Whopper. I don't eat there anymore either (although I think a lot of that has to do with that ridiculous King from the BK commercials; he's just weird and spooky and scary). 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I used to dearly love KFC. I don't know why, but man, I liked that stuff. I don't know if my tastes have changed or what, but it's been at least three years, if not longer, that I've eaten anything from KFC. Same with Burger King....loved the Whopper. I don't eat there anymore either (although I think a lot of that has to do with that ridiculous King from the BK commercials; he's just weird and spooky and scary). 
Popeye's is way better if you have one near you. KFC makes me sick. Every time. Same with Arby's roast beef.

Fast food in general isn't that great. I usually find it disappointing. I haven't had any since DD went back to school and I don't miss it.

The BK king is just creepy as is Ronald McDonald.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
IF you want good greasy food then Wendy's is the place. Their chicken cutlet is better than anyone else's. I love their fries. and they make it fresh so it isn't sitting around. I like having the option of baked potato instead of fries with my burger. butter and pepper are all is needed and one of those coffee creamers=and mash it together. yum. and add chili. Ok I am hungry!

I don't mind KFC but they are not as good as they used to be. All these places keep changing the recipe. Chester's chicken sold at gas stations is actually pretty good. The fried chicken in the grocery stores is OK but not as good as chester's. Of course nothing beats home made fried chicken. or anything like that at home for that matter.

I tend to prefer a salad and chicken wings at the local grocer store. I haven't gone to any fast food in a long time. the last one was dairy queen in August. they have good chicken fingers n fries...they add a piece of toast with real butter with it-which is weird but I put the chicken on the bread and eat it that way. yum!

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Quote:

Margret
They have definitely been a big help. My mother keeps buying more decorations. I think by the time this is over it will look as if a party store exploded on the venue. She is also helping with some last minute sewing projects. His step mom is helping us with some of the food and some other things as well.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IF you want good greasy food then Wendy's is the place. Their chicken cutlet is better than anyone else's. I love their fries. and they make it fresh so it isn't sitting around. I like having the option of baked potato instead of fries with my burger. butter and pepper are all is needed and one of those coffee creamers=and mash it together. yum. and add chili. Ok I am hungry!

I don't mind KFC but they are not as good as they used to be. All these places keep changing the recipe. Chester's chicken sold at gas stations is actually pretty good. The fried chicken in the grocery stores is OK but not as good as chester's. Of course nothing beats home made fried chicken. or anything like that at home for that matter.

I tend to prefer a salad and chicken wings at the local grocer store. I haven't gone to any fast food in a long time. the last one was dairy queen in August. they have good chicken fingers n fries...they add a piece of toast with real butter with it-which is weird but I put the chicken on the bread and eat it that way. yum!
Wendy's does have good chicken but their fries are ALWAYS soggy. Soggy fries are not worth the calories. I got a baked potato from them a month or so ago and it was awful. I gave up on their sides altogether. Now if I do get something from them, it;s the sandwich only.

Popeye's has great chicken (especially the spicy), great biscuits and the gravy on the mashed potatoes is fantastic. Subway isn't as good as it used to be but I do like their chopped salads.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a good breakfast and after reading all these posts I'm starving. 

I quit eating at BK when they bought the company based in Canada so they didn't have to pay U.S. taxes.  If they don't want to contribute to this country I don't want to contribute to their bottom line.  I like KFC and Popeye's and have both close by.  DD is currently in love with Chick-fil-a.  I prefer McDonald's to Wendy's. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just had a good breakfast and after reading all these posts I'm starving.  :sigh:

I quit eating at BK when they bought the company based in Canada so they didn't have to pay U.S. taxes.  If they don't want to contribute to this country I don't want to contribute to their bottom line.  I like KFC and Popeye's and have both close by.  DD is currently in love with Chick-fil-a.  I prefer McDonald's to Wendy's. 
Yeah BK bought out Tim Horton's. BK food is mediocre at best. It's been declining over the years. It almost seems like they gave up caring at all. My favorite thing there used to be the whopper but I noticed that more often than not, the grills aren't going. You can tell when they are and aren't. Their fries are awful. I used to like their onion rings a lot but lately, the quality seems to have diminished, I thought it was my imagination but DD said the same thing.

McDonald's fries are good if they are HOT. Once they start to cool off they are just as bad as everyone else's.

Right now, the greatest fast food item of all is the Cinnabon Delights from Taco Bell. They are INSANE. If you have not tried these, you must. Don't bother getting less than a dozen. They are that good. Really. Now I want some. :yummy:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fluffy has decided she isn't getting enough attention in the afternoon.  Says she isn't gonna take it anymore.

She has started to nip the front of my calves and the tops of my feet.  Not hard, less than a love bite.  It is getting my attention.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you hit it on anything? You may have hit it and were too busy to remember it.. Oh, you got the pain at the time, but without a bruise, you may not remember it because you had too much on your mind...

dislike strongly telemarketers and survey people... sorry. 

A very hard job to do....

Yes.  The survey I do is for a rental car company I am not allowed to name.  I ask 2 questions and it would less than a minute if people would shut the heck up and answer them.

On the bright side, the building I used to work at closed and I've been working from home since the beginning of August.  So, I play around on my laptop, my phone, read books, cuddle kitties, etc.  I'm very good at my job and an expert multitasker.

Still, this job repeatedly underscores the stupidity of the world.  But, I understand how we ended up with 2 worst presidential candidates in history.  People are dumb.
I also really, really dislike telemarketers. So don't go calling me and say I'm dumb because I don't want to answer your questions. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I have finally finished setting up my apartment - two and a half years after moving in.  
   The curtains are hung, although a bit crookedly if you look too close, and the toolbox is back in the closet.    This all started when I bought a cat tree!  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I have finally finished setting up my apartment - two and a half years after moving in.  
   The curtains are hung, although a bit crookedly if you look too close, and the toolbox is back in the closet.    This all started when I bought a cat tree!  
Congratulations!

I worked part of the day on Sunday to get the fall decorations up. I completed it, vacuumed and washed a few things...I also purged a lot of stuff I had just hanging around, dumped an overfull cart in the dumpster.. Wow.. I am tired. I did a lot of work. 

I love the colors of Fall. These are the colors I have decorated my apartment with; the rust, burnt orange, dark greens, dark yellows as accents.. the light oak colors.. I was born in the Fall so I guess it is natural that I love these colors..

To me it they are just comforting colors....and decorations...pumpkins, apples, Fall harvest angels, etc..

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know a good way to get cat hair out of faux-fur on cat trees/beds. We have tried vaccuming and it does nothing. The hair is stuck in the faux-fur.

Tesla's fur is so long and fine that it gets stuck on everything. I run my hand over the cat tree and I literally get a handful of Tesla's fur. Its ridiculous.

I have a feeling I may have to buy a vaccum that has attachments on it (bristles or something to loosen the cat hair from the matirial on the cat tree).

Status
Not open for further replies.