The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm crying now! Thank you so much for being supportive! I get impulsive and emotional! I will take baby steps. Winter in Iowa is the worst too, it's supposed to be Spring but it's cold, windy and snow is coming. When it's dreary, dark and cloudy the last thing I feel like doing is exercise. I think that is the key for me. I felt so defeated yesterday that I went to McDonald's late last night. I babysat my 18 month old niece, she's an active toddler. It just about kills me. Idk how my Mom handled identical twins at age 44! I'm 43 and having a baby now would be so draining, let alone 2 newborns! Just Adriana for 4-5 hours wears me out! I eat healthy I'd like to say 80% of the time but honestly it's about 50/50, healthy/junk food. I love chocolate but I eat dark chocolate more than milk chocolate. I've always loved eating fresh fruits and vegetables. I do eat meat. (One of my twin sisters is a strict Vegan, she even scolds me if I buy leather purses and shoes!) she's only 5'2 or 5'3 and only weighs 96 lbs. [emoji]128546[/emoji]
The other twin is also only 5'2 or 5'3 but weighs about 115 lbs and she had baby Adriana.
I feel so big compared to my sisters.[emoji]128546[/emoji] There's a huge age and height difference though.
I think I'll give yoga another try, from home though. I tried going to a yoga class a few times and it was intimidating. Even little old ladies did better than I did. [emoji]128522[/emoji] I used to do leg lifts at night, that's something I am able to do again! When it gets nicer also I'm going to try to harness and leash train Nala Ava Marie. I don't think it would look crazy walking a cat? Some people walk tiny dogs! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm crying now! Thank you so much for being supportive! I get impulsive and emotional! I will take baby steps. Winter in Iowa is the worst too, it's supposed to be Spring but it's cold, windy and snow is coming. When it's dreary, dark and cloudy the last thing I feel like doing is exercise. I think that is the key for me. I felt so defeated yesterday that I went to McDonald's late last night. I babysat my 18 month old niece, she's an active toddler. It just about kills me. Idk how my Mom handled identical twins at age 44! I'm 43 and having a baby now would be so draining, let alone 2 newborns! Just Adriana for 4-5 hours wears me out! I eat healthy I'd like to say 80% of the time but honestly it's about 50/50, healthy/junk food. I love chocolate but I eat dark chocolate more than milk chocolate. I've always loved eating fresh fruits and vegetables. I do eat meat. (One of my twin sisters is a strict Vegan, she even scolds me if I buy leather purses and shoes!) she's only 5'2 or 5'3 and only weighs 96 lbs. [emoji]128546[/emoji]
The other twin is also only 5'2 or 5'3 but weighs about 115 lbs and she had baby Adriana.
I feel so big compared to my sisters.[emoji]128546[/emoji] There's a huge age and height difference though.
I think I'll give yoga another try, from home though. I tried going to a yoga class a few times and it was intimidating. Even little old ladies did better than I did. [emoji]128522[/emoji] I used to do leg lifts at night, that's something I am able to do again! When it gets nicer also I'm going to try to harness and leash train Nala Ava Marie. I don't think it would look crazy walking a cat? Some people walk tiny dogs! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]
Yoga takes a little time to get flexible and your balance.  it builds core muscles so it is good for you.  No one is looking at you in a yoga class because the poses make it hard to look around.  Just stay in the back row. If you did like it, look for a different instructor.

Walking Nala Ava Marie will be fun but unless she is in a stroller or chasing something you won't get much exercise.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I weighed and have lost another pound. That makes 7 pounds for me. My husband has moved his belt over a notch and has trouble keeping his pants up now. We are both still trying to walk 2 miles every day.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I weighed in this morning..up more..now at 187.4 but I didnt eat junk last night. I stopped at the gas station last night after work and got some protein and nut bars that were half off. bought some bananas. ate salad last night and a protein bar and fell asleep at 9. woke at 1am but fell back asleep ok. woke up this morning starving. had a banana for breakfast then hour later a protein bar. I just ate half a can of soup and toast for my lunch. I eat lunch at 9:30 because otherwise I am burping up my food when I work out during my lunch. I have another protein/nut bar for around 11:30. And a bowl of oranges and grapes to keep me occupied.

I have not ate out of the snack machine since last week on Tuesday. So its been 6-7 days no junk during my work day. It is very helpful seeing others progress here. I think it helps us each get motivated to make small changes..so for now I am stuffed. And should be good for the day until I get home. Stay strong folks!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lost 7 pounds in 4 days, I haven't done anything differently than previous 4 days, weight just did disappear all of sudden, like it appeared all of sudden from nowhere.

Weird, but I'll take it, no complains about disappearing weight.

Lost 4cm from waist too in these 4 days, there is no explanation for that, I have not cut down from sweets either.

One difference has been that shop has had no proper veggies for some days, so maybe veggies truly are making me fat?

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lost 7 pounds in 4 days, I haven't done anything differently than previous 4 days, weight just did disappear all of sudden, like it appeared all of sudden from nowhere.

Weird, but I'll take it, no complains about disappearing weight.

Lost 4cm from waist too in these 4 days, there is no explanation for that, I have not cut down from sweets either.

One difference has been that shop has had no proper veggies for some days, so maybe veggies truly are making me fat?
:woohoo: That's the woosh we have been waiting for. 4cm off your waist!!! That's brilliant. I'm a tad envious. ;)

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This has nothing to do with the scale but with weight loss. When I started I weighed in at 283 pounds. At 5'5" I guess you could describe me as round as I was tall. I would look facing the mirror and if I turned side ways there was not much of a difference size wise. There might not be much of a difference and people still might not be able to tell I am losing weight. But to me yesterday I could see a small difference that was a huge milestone. In the last week or so I have been developing a hip area. I can comfortably put my two year old on my hip and carry her. Before she would just slide down.

I want to thank you all for all of your support. It has been so much help. If I could give you a big hug I would. Thank you.:grphug2:

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo: That's the woosh we have been waiting for. 4cm off your waist!!! That's brilliant. I'm a tad envious. ;)
It just would be nicer if there has not been that upwards woosh before, but then again it is nice to be around same where I were before that upwards woosh, so I guess I should not complain :clap:

I got some very mild potassium pills, here it is not possible to buy stronger ones without doctor's permit.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Monday and I didn't weigh in. I did not stick to my Easter plans. I was very bad. I'll weigh in tomorrow. I'll get what I deserve.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I weighed in on Saturday at 238. A total loss of 45 pounds so far. My plan totally went out the window but I had a blast. I had invited 12 people all together to eat with us and only two showed up but we had such a good time. I am not crying now but when I reweigh in tomorrow and start over for the week lets see how it goes. I am adding a few pics from our day. 

Our meal the chocolate peanut butter lasagna was so good. 

A pic of me without glasses. I tried to get them turned around and couldn't. 

Me and my boy. 

This is 3/8 of my heart. My fiancee, my son and my daughter. I love them so much. 

My Lil Bit window watching You can see her baby bump good here. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just weighed in and checked my damage. I weighed in at 241.6. That is up 3.6 pounds just in two days. I don't understand why our bodies have to be so finicky. But today is a new start and here's to a good week. I hope I can get it off by my weigh in this Sunday. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also am up a couple of pounds after Easter. I ate an entire reese bunny yesterday which is over 700 calories alone. It was so good. Plus, I also made thag chocolate peanut butter lasagna and omg it was so good. Everyone loved it.

I'm ok with the bit of weight gain. It's a new week, I can get back on track and lose the weight again. My cupboard is full of chocolate which I need to resist but at least the reese peanut butter bunny is gone.

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I'm not quite sure how this happened because I ate a delicious Easter meal yesterday, including extra dessert... I was expecting to be up, but apparently being super good the rest of the week allowed me a little wiggle room.

Loss this week: - 2.2 lbs

Loss this year: - 28 lbs   

I'm also thrilled to be in the 140's again. I'm only 12 lbs from "goal." I realllllly need to start toning and lifting, but I absolutely hate it and being sore. But I still look in my mirror and only see my stomach fat, and thighs. I don't think that's going anywhere until I start working on toning myself. I read somewhere once that cardio and weight loss just makes us a smaller version of our old selves. You can't look toned with just cardio and dieting. Sadly. 

Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter!

ETA- I also took measurements yesterday, so hopefully I will re-measure once a month and see some progress there when my weight loss slows down.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
187.44 pounds, 85.2kg, I guess I'm close to normal range now, just 2 pounds and even health office is happy.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:anon: my weight is up 1 kg and my waist is 1 cm bigger. I've got back on track today. It will take a while but I'll get rid of it.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday and today I did eat 10 000 calories, that is 5000 calories a day.

Yesterday I used around 3000 calories and today around 5000 calories, tomorrow I hope to burn over 5000 calories. while eating maximum of 3000 calories as it might be that day after tomorrow I burn less energy again.

There is some delay with eating and food being completely processed, protein especially takes time to melt.

Last 10 days average is over 3600 calories eaten each day, while calories burned average has been around 3400 calories a day, so tomorrow makes it quite close to zero, which is what I have been after now, just making fuel available to body when body needs it so I can gain strength. I guess it is called bulking up phase and after that I try to make fat loss phase, which might actually speed up my weight loss and fitness gain.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried so hard to wait to Sunday for my next weigh in. I weighed in this morning at 235.6 I am 2.6 pounds away from my first 50 pounds lost. It's so close. I also measured my waist yesterday. I was 47 inches. I have lost 9 inches on my waist since I started measuring it. Not to shabby. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't seem to lose this couple of pounds I gained over easter weekend. I've been eating decent this week and my weight has been the same. I really don't like when this happens, it makes me want to give up. My motivation is seeing the scale go down. When it goes up or stays the same, I get discouraged and want to give up. I just have to try to force myself to get through it.

I wish I could join a gym or weight watchers. We don't have any gyms here with child care and weight watchers is too hard for me to attend the meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.