The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I am so sorry those jerks hurt you. I think it's disgusting that there are people raising their children to think that this is acceptable behavior. My father would have backhanded any of us kids for talking like this trash. And I understand your fear of turning 40. I had a similar feeling. I thought I had not done anything with my life. I don't have kids. Don't/Can't have kids. Dont want to be married but I have a wonderful companion and I don't do things with the flow. I applaud all that you are doing to reach your goal. I have not measured my body for years..the last time I measured my thighs I think it came out at 19 inches which sounds big so I gave up. But now I realize I am muscular-also if you are strength training and building muscle=muscle weighs more than fat..so try not to focus on the numbers. but on how your clothes fit.

I have had rude people say things to me who I never understand and yes it still bothers me. It bothers you because you don't understand why someone would be so disrespectful of others..like I said I don't understand some women/men who let their children speak very disgusting about other people. I call it bullying..and I can only control my words. Sadly we can not control anothers actions but we can point out when they cross a line and not tolerate disrespect. Sending you big hugs!! When you turn 40 you will look back and wonder why you were so worried..I went through a similair with turning 30. Now I am glad I am older. Wiser. But sometimes age doesn't stop the same old ghosts in our minds that haunt us...
I have to say getting older doesn't scare me. The alternative does. I have had the thoughts of what have I done with my life. Don't get me wrong I love being a mom and raising my babies. I took it for granted with my older two. But the younger ones I am enjoying it more. I guess where I am older I know how time passes so fast. It's just I wanted my degree which I still dont have. I wanted to travel and make a difference in the world. The thing that bothers me the most to is I am an older mom. Most women with a 4 year old is probably mid twenties. I am already going to be an Old mom I don't want to be the Fat mom.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Well I will say thats rubbish. Its not the outside that matters..Please dont talk about yourself like that BUT I understand. I understand the feelings..I wish I could help all of us see ourselves the way others see us..I see a fat blob in the mirror..a dummy. But thats not how others see me..So I DO understand...Where this comes from?! I dont know. My mom struggled with her weight for years and rude comments from my dad. It was VERY lets say If I could I would have slapped someone. I again hope you see how blessed you are..kids and a drive to get healthy. I don't say get thin anymore because I think we are proving that just because someone is "fat/overweight" doesn't mean that they cant lift the same weights or run as far as a thin person. I know the magazines need to stop glamorizing skinny people..we are built how we are and the heart of the matter is our soul. How we treat another with respect, love and forgiveness is the most important thing in life. But I totally understand the uncertainity of your feelings....sending you HUGS!!! and you are not a fat mom. You are a BLESSED Mom!!!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weighed in this morning. Last week I weighed 244.8 and this week I weighed 244.4. Its a loss of .4 pounds. It's not much but hey its a loss. I did do my measurements though and I am down 3 inches in my waist since the 15th of February. But that is if I am doing it right. I am still confused over how to measure. 
Your true waist measurement is the smallest part of your waist. I look in the mirror to see where mine is. I am brick shaped. No curves here. :lol3: oh well except the curves I am creating. Actually I am growing muscle. I really am and I need to give myself credit for that. I think we all need to give ourselves some credit here. We are on this thread supporting each other and we are all trying our hardest. Yes we slip up from time to time and that's not good but we are aware of it and we do care about it. I think this calls for another :grphug:

It's Monday here. I am 400 grams heavier and my waist is still the same. I overrate a lot of nights this week and I'm not proud of it. I do however think I've gained some muscle. It won't be 400 grams of muscl, there will be some fat. I've spent the weekend cooking and I have meals and snacks prepared for the week. I will do better this week. :clap:

Best of luck to everyone else.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to exchange my scale today. It kept saying Lo. I changed the battery and it did it again a couple days later. I stepped on my new one to see if it worked and even after having wine, pretzels, chips and dip, homemade pizza and a bit of ice cream, it didn't show an increase in weight. I will properly weigh in tomorrow morning. I ate all those bad things this weekend, but I only had small amounts of each (ok except the wine, I had a larger amount of that).

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I did slip another day, then missed my exercise routine for few days and got almost 2 pounds extra from all that.

I'm back at where I was at 6th day of the month, well, could be worse I guess, 8 pounds to go again and I would like that to be gone before June, it might be difficult.

little cutie66

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I know when I miss a couple of days of working out and eating in small portions I gain easy 3 pounds. Which I don't understand it take like a week or more to lose. It's horrible when you get older how food sticks to the hips!

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy Monday Morning Everyone! It is supposed to be 70 degrees here and I am SO excited to get outside more. I love going for walks. :)

Loss this week: - 3.2 lbs

Loss this year: - 23.8 lbs   

I honestly don't know how such a big loss happened this week, but I'll take it. Since I'm now in the "normal" BMI range at a 23, weight loss is slowing down a bit. I'd like to get down to a 20-21 BMI. MFP changed my goal from 2 lbs a week to 1.3 lbs per week.

I've been using the "Happy Scale" app to track weight daily, and it's actually really cool. It make it easy to see that even if you gain a pound here or lose less than you want to, it shows you're trending down even if you didn't lose weight that particular day. The app is predicting, according to my current weight loss rate, I should be at my final goal weight May 2nd. I kind of doubt that though, because I'm only 15 lbs away, and I know the last little bit is the hardest. 

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I know when I miss a couple of days of working out and eating in small portions I gain easy 3 pounds. Which I don't understand it take like a week or more to lose. It's horrible when you get older how food sticks to the hips!
Yes. I think that's why most of us are here. It's the reason I'm here. Oh except mine doesn't stick to my hips. It slides right down to my booty and thighs :lol3:

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of us who celebrate Easter we have a hurdle coming up. I'm trying to come up with a plan. I don't like milk chocolate. I never have so I don't get tempted by it but there are those hot cross buns that keep looking at me in the supermarket. Has anyone made an Easter plan?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For those of us who celebrate Easter we have a hurdle coming up. I'm trying to come up with a plan. I don't like milk chocolate. I never have so I don't get tempted by it but there are those hot cross buns that keep looking at me in the supermarket. Has anyone made an Easter plan?
Yes I am working on my plan. I am the one cooking so I can control the way things are made and no hidden calories. So far on the menu is Ham, Chicken and Dumplings, Hungry girls Mac and cheese, Green Beans, Corn, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls and Chocolate Lasagna for desert. A friend that is coming is making Mixed greens, full flavor mac and cheese, corn bread and sweet potato pie.

Let me tell you about Mr. George's greens. They are so good and a holiday meal is not complete without them. He is an older gentleman and from the southern part of the states like me. So they are melt in your mouth good. I can eat just them and be happy. 

But I plan on Eating a little dumplings, mac and cheese and greens with a roll. For desert I will eat a piece of the Lasagna. 

I am so excited. I am getting the kids Paw Patrol and Frozen Easter baskets. I am doing a basket of my bf and Lil Bit. My Bf basket will be the Hat one floating around on Facebook. Lil Bit I am getting her a cat bed with a scratcher and filling it with treats and toys. I am also going to fix her a piece of chicken for Easter dinner. 

I have went on but am so excited about Easter. That and Christmas are my two favorite Holidays. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My plan for easter is to eat whatever I want, but small portions of each. I will get a taste of everything without too many calories.

I'm down one more pound, making 11 total now. 2 more pounds until I'm at the lowest weight I've been in years (since I gained the weight).

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I am working on my plan. I am the one cooking so I can control the way things are made and no hidden calories. So far on the menu is Ham, Chicken and Dumplings, Hungry girls Mac and cheese, Green Beans, Corn, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls and Chocolate Lasagna for desert. A friend that is coming is making Mixed greens, full flavor mac and cheese, corn bread and sweet potato pie.

Let me tell you about Mr. George's greens. They are so good and a holiday meal is not complete without them. He is an older gentleman and from the southern part of the states like me. So they are melt in your mouth good. I can eat just them and be happy. 

But I plan on Eating a little dumplings, mac and cheese and greens with a roll. For desert I will eat a piece of the Lasagna. 

I am so excited. I am getting the kids Paw Patrol and Frozen Easter baskets. I am doing a basket of my bf and Lil Bit. My Bf basket will be the Hat one floating around on Facebook. Lil Bit I am getting her a cat bed with a scratcher and filling it with treats and toys. I am also going to fix her a piece of chicken for Easter dinner. 

I have went on but am so excited about Easter. That and Christmas are my two favorite Holidays. 
I love it when people get really excited about holidays. Your Easter feast sounds amazing. :yummy: Chocolate lasagne?? I've never heard of it. That's probably a very good thing. I'd say it would be deadly for me ;) I've invited my Mum so we will have a roast and I'm trying to think of a light dessert. I don't think I'm going to even buy hot cross buns. Im the only one that eats them so that means I'll end up eating 6. It won't be the end of the world. :lol3:

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Easter![emoji]128007[/emoji][emoji]128048[/emoji][emoji]128037[/emoji][emoji]128035[/emoji][emoji]9748[/emoji]️[emoji]127799[/emoji][emoji]128144[/emoji][emoji]9728[/emoji]️[emoji]127821[/emoji][emoji]128157[/emoji][emoji]127827[/emoji]
I always make a ham! Mashed potatoes, yeasty rolls, fruit salads, green beans with almonds, sometimes I'll make a non traditional but delicious BBQ chicken dinner, potato salad and spinach-strawberry poppy seed dressing salad! I actually prefer that! I like dark chocolate better than milk chocolate so I'm going to look for a recipe for chocolate peanut butter Easter eggs using dark chocolate! [emoji]128151[/emoji] No worries about the calories bc I'm planning on reinstating an old tradition of going for a long walk or bike ride on one of the many trails around here! Rain or shine!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing I don't really find Easter any different from other days, it would be a challenge otherwise.

I have been eating too much sweets now, I should not eat any, but for some reason I'm failing there quite badly.

On good side, it seems those huge loads of carbs help me workout lot more, but it is impossible to burn it all away.

I haven't dared to step on scale today.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love it when people get really excited about holidays. Your Easter feast sounds amazing.
Chocolate lasagne?? I've never heard of it. That's probably a very good thing. I'd say it would be deadly for me
I've invited my Mum so we will have a roast and I'm trying to think of a light dessert. I don't think I'm going to even buy hot cross buns. Im the only one that eats them so that means I'll end up eating 6. It won't be the end of the world.
http://www.spendwithpennies.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-lasagna/

this is the link. I seen it a few weeks ago and wouldn't dare make it so I thought with Easter I could cheat a little. I just got a confirmation for a few of our friends are coming. So the head count so far is 9. With the possibility of more. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing I don't really find Easter any different from other days, it would be a challenge otherwise.

I have been eating too much sweets now, I should not eat any, but for some reason I'm failing there quite badly.

On good side, it seems those huge loads of carbs help me workout lot more, but it is impossible to burn it all away.

I haven't dared to step on scale today.
Are you getting a good nights sleep? I tend to dive for the cookie jar if I'm fatigued and if my calorie deficit is too low. I have found that eating more carbs has got me back on track. That advice came from you actually :D. Pick yourself up. You have come way too far to ruin it all. You can turn this around. Here's a group hug to give you strength. :grphug:

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.spendwithpennies.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-lasagna/

this is the link. I seen it a few weeks ago and wouldn't dare make it so I thought with Easter I could cheat a little. I just got a confirmation for a few of our friends are coming. So the head count so far is 9. With the possibility of more. 
Oh good grief!!!! :lol3: The version of chocolate lasagne I had in my head was not really very delicious at all. That looks way to fabulous. It's a good thing you will have lots of people to share it around. ;) I believe a cheat is well deserved every now and then. I still need to learn to stop at one serving. I will learn to do that.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you getting a good nights sleep? I tend to dive for the cookie jar if I'm fatigued and if my calorie deficit is too low. I have found that eating more carbs has got me back on track. That advice came from you actually :D. Pick yourself up. You have come way too far to ruin it all. You can turn this around. Here's a group hug to give you strength. :grphug:
My tracker says following:

14-15.3, 5 hours 10 minutes sleep, 3 hours and 54 minutes restful sleep
13-14.3, 3 hours 11 minutes sleep, 2 hours and 41 minutes restful sleep
12-13.3, I know I slept well much more than 10 hours I believe, but had no tracker tracking.
11-12.3, 5 hours 28 sleep, 4 hours 44 minutes restful sleep

Often I just wake up and don't feel tired for a day, there is no more sleep to have and today I have been feeling very energetic and not tired at all. I don't know if tracker tracks sleep correctly though, I haven't paid much attention to how many hours I sleep, maybe too little.

I'm eating lot more carbs today, not sure what it does. For me, thing that caused me to slip was that had to visit too many people in too short period of time, that kind of triggers my sweet tooth, weird it is indeed.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That chocolate lasagna looks so good. I just sent the link to my mother in law and asked if I could bring it for Easter dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.