The Weight Loss Support Group - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@catlover19
 that's cool they do it too. My two year old loves Sky. Any time she hears them she goes crazy for them. Here is a video of the call. 

@little cutie66
 I have several recipes I have tweeked. I will inbox you a couple that I have done inbox a little later. But I mostly eat what I want I just stick to serving size and measure and weigh everything. So far I have lost 39 pounds by doing it. I also log in to myfitnesspal faithfully. 
That's awesome, they definitely don't do that here. It's on TV and they just show your kids pictures. Aimee would go nuts if she got a call from paw patrol.

My weight went down again. Yay. My clothes are getting too big but I'm definitely not ready for the smaller size yet.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
http://www.nickjrbirthdayclub.com/

This is a link to sign up. Its worth a try to see if you can do it. 

On the weight loss. I understand about not being ready for the next size yet. I tried on an 18 over the weekend and they buttoned and zipped. I just am not ready to buy them yet. They didn't pass the sit down test. You know when you can sit down and still breath, lol. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

I do a lot of crock pot meals if you want me to I will type them out and post in a little bit. I love my crock pot. My meals are simple not nothing great but you can eat them and not feel bad about yourself the next day. 
that would be great or if you have a website to post-then you wont have to type out as much,. if I was alone it would be no problem eating veggies...its the other half...grrr. so i told him this morning i am going to start cooking healthy meals and i will buy bread-then he can make a sandwiche if he doesnt like it-which i know darn well he will just not eat-is anyone on here have a stuborn other half who wont eat healthy?

last night i tossed upa salad and he actually ate it...we used to only eat salads then winter set in..halloween candy crazies took over...now spring is here and we have to backtrack a bit..he only has to back off on eating and looses weight..i exercise and eat less and still gain weight...now i am adding more weights to my workouts...damn it I will loose these stubborn 40 pounds if its the last thing i do!!!

anajasko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I am new on this site. Coincidentally I have also been trying reduce weight, especially for last one month. I find it real hard to give up tasty food and I really really need to reduce. (I mean I am not gonna even check my weight until I feel my cloths getting bit bigger). 

I just read about the water challenge. Can I participate in it now? I understand everyone has already started, but I would love to be a part of the group. :)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.nickjrbirthdayclub.com/

This is a link to sign up. Its worth a try to see if you can do it. 

:woohoo: On the weight loss. I understand about not being ready for the next size yet. I tried on an 18 over the weekend and they buttoned and zipped. I just am not ready to buy them yet. They didn't pass the sit down test. You know when you can sit down and still breath, lol. 
Thanks, I will check it out.

I'm in a size 14 now. Started at a 16/18 last summer. I need to get some size large clothes because xl are getting too big.

I am so hungry right now. I feel like I want to eat everything in sight. I'm going to have more sausage quinoa soup for lunch. It's so good and 198 calories a bowl.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I will check it out.

I'm in a size 14 now. Started at a 16/18 last summer. I need to get some size large clothes because xl are getting too big.

I am so hungry right now. I feel like I want to eat everything in sight. I'm going to have more sausage quinoa soup for lunch. It's so good and 198 calories a bowl.
When I started I don't even know what jeans I wore, because I didn't wear them. The two pair I have now one is a 24 the other is a 20 and both are really lose. But I will not buy more til they fall off.

The soup sounds good. I had left overs for lunch. Honey sesame chicken and fried rice. It was a smaller version than dinner at 219 calories it wasn't bad. I still feel like I am starving though. But I notice I have gotten like this the last two months before that time. I just work through it and have my biggest loss that week. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi all,

I am new on this site. Coincidentally I have also been trying reduce weight, especially for last one month. I find it real hard to give up tasty food and I really really need to reduce. (I mean I am not gonna even check my weight until I feel my cloths getting bit bigger). 

I just read about the water challenge. Can I participate in it now? I understand everyone has already started, but I would love to be a part of the group. :)
Of course! I just joined in this a few days ago! I didnt know if I could jump in but I just did.

Three weeks ago This coming Saturday I started a daily 30 minutes of core strength training and abit of cardio, only took 2 days off since.

The more motivation I think it reallty helps all of us!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I started I don't even know what jeans I wore, because I didn't wear them. The two pair I have now one is a 24 the other is a 20 and both are really lose. But I will not buy more til they fall off.

The soup sounds good. I had left overs for lunch. Honey sesame chicken and fried rice. It was a smaller version than dinner at 219 calories it wasn't bad. I still feel like I am starving though. But I notice I have gotten like this the last two months before that time. I just work through it and have my biggest loss that week. 
The soup is really good. It's so easy to make and makes 5 servings. I've ate three this week, my husband had one and I still have one in the freezer. My biggest problem is eating in the afternoons when my kids are napping. I don't eat much when they are awake because they just steal my food.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

that would be great or if you have a website to post-then you wont have to type out as much,. if I was alone it would be no problem eating veggies...its the other half...grrr. so i told him this morning i am going to start cooking healthy meals and i will buy bread-then he can make a sandwiche if he doesnt like it-which i know darn well he will just not eat-is anyone on here have a stuborn other half who wont eat healthy?

last night i tossed upa salad and he actually ate it...we used to only eat salads then winter set in..halloween candy crazies took over...now spring is here and we have to backtrack a bit..he only has to back off on eating and looses weight..i exercise and eat less and still gain weight...now i am adding more weights to my workouts...damn it I will loose these stubborn 40 pounds if its the last thing i do!!!
Let me tell you. My bf eats whatever and whenever he wants and loses weight. He is 46 and 6' and weighs only 169 pounds. He wont eat most things I do. So I feel like a short order cook most nights. I fix his, mine then the kids and most of the time they eat different than me too. It gets old and tiring but I have 86 pounds to go to get to the weight I want to be. If it means extra meals so be it. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Hi all,

Yes just join in. Its a really great group and thread. I haven't really given up anything besides pop. I eat anything I want just the right portion of it. I also do My fitness pal. Its a great tool. I weigh and measure everything and I have lost 39 pounds since January. 

Glad to have you. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Honey Sesame Chicken  

2.5 pounds of boneless skinless chicken  

15 tablespoons of Ketchup  

12 tablespoons of Brown or white sugar   

9 tablespoons of Water  

6 tablespoons of Honey  

2 tablespoons of Soy sauce  

1 tablespoon vinegar(optional)  

1 tablespoon sesame seeds  

Cut chicken up in one inch pieces. Put in crock pot and cook in water for about 4 hours until it falls apart when touched with fork,  pull  out of crockpot   and drain water. Add chicken back to pot.  

In a saucepan  add all the rest of the ingredients  besides the seeds. Bring to boil, add to the chicken. And cook on high for an hour.   

Add seeds at the end.   

I serve with fried rice. I use the chicken fried rice from Hamburger helper but don’t add the chicken to it.   

Serves 8 168 calories per serving

Last edited:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For 69 days I have kept to my calorie budget with no excuses. I was always under my calorie limit and done great. Well today day 70 I went over bad. I was over my calorie limit by close to 800 calories. I want to cry. It started because I skipped breakfast. We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese today and I ate more than I should. Then I tried not to eat any more the rest of the day because of eating so much. Finally I got so hungry I had to eat something. I am trying really hard not to beat myself up over it. I am trying to not feel guilty. But I do. Tomorrow is a new day with new choices and I will get it right. I wont let myself down again. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For 69 days I have kept to my calorie budget with no excuses. I was always under my calorie limit and done great. Well today day 70 I went over bad. I was over my calorie limit by close to 800 calories. I want to cry. It started because I skipped breakfast. We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese today and I ate more than I should. Then I tried not to eat any more the rest of the day because of eating so much. Finally I got so hungry I had to eat something. I am trying really hard not to beat myself up over it. I am trying to not feel guilty. But I do. Tomorrow is a new day with new choices and I will get it right. I wont let myself down again. 
It's ok to have an off day every so often. I did bad today too, I had ice cream and a wrap from mcdonalds. I'm drinking some wine now which will put me over my calories for the day. You are doing awesome. 69 days in a row is great.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

:wavey: Welcome

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here starving at 3:30am. Ate half a cheeseburger from a local burger join who uses real ground beef. It was absolutely delish. No cheese. No fries. Every now and then I crave a burger. Wild willys burgers is like no one else. Maybe I will eat the other half stay strong folks!

I admire you. I've never stuck to calorie plan. Just worked out harder. Now that I'm 40 I am finding out that I am going to have to do this. And it makes me depressed. I love food. But I have to learn self control. I don't know how you ladies do it.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
800 calls over won't make a big difference if you only do it once. The scales will probably go up and then settle back down a day or two later. You are awesome. You are doing an amazing job and don't let yourself think otherwise.
I think this calls for a :grphug:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You all are the best. I was at the point of tears this morning then I log on here and all of the encouragement. I am working so hard and trying to lose because April of 2017 I will be 40. At the moment I have 80 plus pounds to lose to get to my goal. To be honest I don't want to be fat any more.

For so long I have been the invisible woman. I am the one that no one makes eye contact with, I get little laughs from teenagers and kids. Last July while visiting my mom I went to the store for her. There were some guys in the store that were doing to would you do her. I over heard them talking about all the women going by. I then seen one that looked at me and then cringed and said it would take a lot of dope. I mean these were some rough looking boys. All unkept and looked like they haven't shaved in months. I shouldn't let it bother me. But it did.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I weighed in this morning. Last week I weighed 244.8 and this week I weighed 244.4. Its a loss of .4 pounds. It's not much but hey its a loss. I did do my measurements though and I am down 3 inches in my waist since the 15th of February. But that is if I am doing it right. I am still confused over how to measure. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all are the best. I was at the point of tears this morning then I log on here and all of the encouragement. I am working so hard and trying to lose because April of 2017 I will be 40. At the moment I have 80 plus pounds to lose to get to my goal. To be honest I don't want to be fat any more.

For so long I have been the invisible woman. I am the one that no one makes eye contact with, I get little laughs from teenagers and kids. Last July while visiting my mom I went to the store for her. There were some guys in the store that were doing to would you do her. I over heard them talking about all the women going by. I then seen one that looked at me and then cringed and said it would take a lot of dope. I mean these were some rough looking boys. All unkept and looked like they haven't shaved in months. I shouldn't let it bother me. But it did.
I am so sorry those jerks hurt you. I think it's disgusting that there are people raising their children to think that this is acceptable behavior. My father would have backhanded any of us kids for talking like this trash. And I understand your fear of turning 40. I had a similar feeling. I thought I had not done anything with my life. I don't have kids. Don't/Can't have kids. Dont want to be married but I have a wonderful companion and I don't do things with the flow. I applaud all that you are doing to reach your goal. I have not measured my body for years..the last time I measured my thighs I think it came out at 19 inches which sounds big so I gave up. But now I realize I am muscular-also if you are strength training and building muscle=muscle weighs more than fat..so try not to focus on the numbers. but on how your clothes fit.

I have had rude people say things to me who I never understand and yes it still bothers me. It bothers you because you don't understand why someone would be so disrespectful of others..like I said I don't understand some women/men who let their children speak very disgusting about other people. I call it bullying..and I can only control my words. Sadly we can not control anothers actions but we can point out when they cross a line and not tolerate disrespect. Sending you big hugs!! When you turn 40 you will look back and wonder why you were so worried..I went through a similair with turning 30. Now I am glad I am older. Wiser. But sometimes age doesn't stop the same old ghosts in our minds that haunt us...

Status
Not open for further replies.