The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsofanarchy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sory its been somlong, i started a new job so its been a bit crazy 'round here, but ive lost 2lbs and had to go buy new pants, YAY!!

congratulations every one else who has lost <3

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 1.82 lbs. this past week, but I'm only down less than a quarter of a lb from my Monday average so I'd better have a great weekend..lol!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to the losers from me too.
I forgot to get on the scales the last two days sorry. Last week I was away. I'm still here. At the rate I'm going I think I need to be here forever. I gained 300 grams since my last weigh in. About 11oz.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Congrats to those of you that lost. :clap:

I am back home after a week away and my eating wasn't all that good while I was gone. Many of the restaurants were closed for the season and the ones that were open specialized in more pub-type food. We were up in seafood country, yet it was hard to get any seafood that wasn't fried. It's so strange.

I've gained a bit over the past few months. My clothes are getting tight. Must get back on the wagon. Yesterday was my first day back home and we both definitely ate a lot less.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have to confess that I am still not ready to gt on the scale. I've been struggling lately. Aaron has been having a lot of issues at work and I've had a few binges. The other day was layoff day where he works and I spent two hours pacing and eating the 4 chocolate chip cookies that were left in the fridge. :cringe: I've had some days where I have been so good, and then I just totally blow it. I need to stop this cycle. I'm going for a good day today. :nod:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've been hiding my head in the sand throughout January. And February doesn't seem to be any better. A lot of is depression and I'm spending a lot of time crying. Haven't walked outside at all this week; I'm just tired of everything. I honestly think if we could just get rid of this snow I'd be OK. And I hate to be whining about it, but I am just so darn tired at this point. And if it's not snow, it's the insane cold temps. Or the wind. I'm having a really hard time dealing with it. Rick says this is probably the worse winter I've had to deal with since I started walking....and that I should just put my big-girl panties on and deal with it. I know he's right. But when the alarm clock rang this morning? I rolled over, pulled the covers up, and went back to sleep. No elliptical. No treadmill.

Part of it is that Rick is tired of the open window in the bedroom when I'm on the elliptical, so he shut the storm window last weekend. And I won't bother to open it again. I sweat so badly on the elliptical and that cold air really helped me. But he was complaining about the heating bill, too. Part of it is that my treadmill is really getting in bad shape. It squeaks terribly throughout the entire walk. I don't know if it's the cold in the basement or what, but it takes a good 1/4-mile to get it to keep a decent speed. It jumps from 2.7 to 3.5 to 2.5 to 4.3 and so on. Try walking on that. It's impossible. So I hold on to the rails until it settles in at its posted speed. But the belt loosens quickly now; again, it's probably from the cold. I need to tighten it up again. And part of it, honestly? Is that I've pretty much had it at this point. Period.

Confession: On my way home from my hair appt, I stopped at Wendy's last night. God, I haven't done that in ages. And then went home and binged on top of it. And I've had some serious binges going lately.

I'm getting on the scales. I'm not just telling you what those scales say. 

Sorry. I'll get my head out of my butt one of these days.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a whoosh week - never expect those, grateful when they happen.  I lost 2.91 lbs. this past week.

I understand that urge to binge under stress, its what I did for years too.  I think the only reason I've conquered it is the serious need for me to lose the weight.  I do have my tricks - favorite on plan foods, planning an extra special yummy for my reward meal when times are not good...lots and LOTS of good tasting tea. Great cheese..these things help.

Wishing everyone all the best with finding your answer and way to stay on, no matter what life throws at you.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big BIG hugs to Abbysmom and Winchester. Dieting it tough. It's really tough. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to live in snow. I really don't like being cold. I'd much prefer it really hot.
Congrats to you Pat. You truly are a legend. That's a fabulous loss.
I've lost a pound!!! A whole pound!! That's big for me and right on my target. Oh please give me the strength to keep it up.
Come on people. Let's stay focused this week. We can do it. We really can.

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big BIG hugs to Abbysmom and Winchester. Dieting it tough. It's really tough. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to live in snow. I really don't like being cold. I'd much prefer it really hot.
Congrats to you Pat. You truly are a legend. That's a fabulous loss.
I've lost a pound!!! A whole pound!! That's big for me and right on my target. Oh please give me the strength to keep it up.
Come on people. Let's stay focused this week. We can do it. We really can.
Congrats on the loss Tammat.  Yes, you can can.  Slow and steady does win the race.  Sometimes progress is just changing one habit.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done Pat and Tammat! :clap:

No big binges yesterday. One day at a time.......

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I binged yesterday. Really- really badly. Today I am in control. I was very tired yesterday afternoon from all the sugar and this morning my eyes were all puffy. I am mostly eating well these days and I can really tell the difference when I eat badly. Just like you said Pat, it's a long process but I am learning along the way. I can see that healthy eating and exercise makes a big difference to your whole life. Stay strong everybody.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a whoosh week - never expect those, grateful when they happen.  I lost 2.91 lbs. this past week.

I understand that urge to binge under stress, its what I did for years too.  I think the only reason I've conquered it is the serious need for me to lose the weight.  I do have my tricks - favorite on plan foods, planning an extra special yummy for my reward meal when times are not good...lots and LOTS of good tasting tea. Great cheese..these things help.

Wishing everyone all the best with finding your answer and way to stay on, no matter what life throws at you.
:clap:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, I debated whether I should say something and decided to do so here. They (whoever they are) say that if you actually tell somebody what you're doing, you're more liable to stay with it. We shall see.

My head has left my butt. (I think.) I really need to get back on track because I can't deal with myself anymore. And it needs to stop. So I'm in. Again.

One thing I'm going to start doing is having Monday as my official weigh-in day. I thought Fridays would be easier, but I've finally realized that weighing in on Fridays is, in a way, an enabler for me. It enables me to eat more during the weekend because I can always hope I can get it back off during the week. But what's happening is that I don't get it back off. Or I "run in place" so to speak. I gain it during the weekend, lose it by Friday, but then gain it back the next weekend. And I wasn't getting anywhere. Hopefully by having Monday as an official weigh-in, I can stop some of the weekend madness anyway. I can't stop it all, but maybe I can keep it down to a low roar.

I need to do something. And I know that, since I've gotten used to eating again at night, I'm going to have to start going to bed early again. Brush and floss early and just go to bed. In a snit. And pout. And sulk. But I'll get over it. Hopefully. At the least, I'll be getting more sleep.

My challenge (for me) this week is to not eat anything after 5:30. An early dinner and then that's it.

I also need to start exercising again. Not just cardio, but back to the weights, probably twice this week to start. I'll take it easy for a week or so and then see what happens. I'll use my dumbbells for a while and then when the weather starts to warm up a bit, I can go back downstairs to the Bowflex. My arms are looking bad and there's no excuse. I'm really tired and that's because I've not been outside and I've not done much inside either. And I'm eating really crappy stuff. 

So, my work for the week:

Early dinner and early to bed (pouting is allowed, for awhile)

More water

Back on the elliptical/treadmill regularly

Exercise with the dumbbells twice this week (slowly) And if you don't mind, I'm going to list my exercises, sets, and reps for a while, just til I get back into the routine....can do that in the exercise thread

Get my butt back outside, starting today

In the end, there are no excuses, no matter what I think.

My heartfelt congrats to you guys who lost! Pat, you're doing beautifully!

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading Winchester's post, I thought it would be interesting to see what works for all of us re when we eat our last meal of the day.

I eat by 6 pm latest (unless we go out to eat, though usually even then), and it's the one meal of the day when I have the bulk of my calories.  I don't eat again until 7 am'ish, and don't feel hungry until then.

How about you?

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try not to eat after my evening meal. It's not ideal for me though. I get very hungry. I don't sleep so well and I dream of eating. I think I actually need a little snack. Maybe some melon or carrot sticks ect. I actually weigh in for my fitness pal on Mondays anyway so I'll join you on Monday Winchester. I challenge you to lose more than me!!!

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try not to eat after my evening meal. It's not ideal for me though. I get very hungry. I don't sleep so well and I dream of eating. I think I actually need a little snack. Maybe some melon or carrot sticks ect. I actually weigh in for my fitness pal on Mondays anyway so I'll join you on Monday Winchester. I challenge you to lose more than me!!!
To be honest, Monday is my averaging day for Myfitnesspal and another site I've been a member of for years.  I would love to just do Mondays :)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, yesterday wasn't too bad. It was almost a relief not to eat anything, if that makes any sense. It was a busy day, followed by a really busy night, so til we actually got home for dinner, we were really pooped.

I had dinner around 6:30 (later than what I'd like), but we never got home until after 6:00. Two meetings, groceries, shopping with Rick's mom. The cats were even upset that they had to wait that long for their dinner, too, as they're used to eating around 4:00 or so. We came home to six very upset furkids, trying to bring groceries into the house and put them away, while trying to feed the cats, too. They were yelling at us and Rick and I were trying to talk a bit. Honestly, it was chaos for awhile. 

Pat, usually after dinner, I will brush and floss. If my teeth have been properly cleaned, I really don't want to eat after that, so that helps me. I may have a glass of iced water while I'm watching a bit of tv with Rick and playing on my phone, but that's it. Right around 7:00 or so, I'll go back and wash my face and put on my lotions and potions and such, 
 By that time, I'm pretty much ready for bed. I may not go to sleep, but Mollipop and I will go back to bed, me with my Nook or a magazine. 

Tonight, since I do want to start some exercises again, I'll have dinner and sit with Rick for about 30 minutes or so to watch the news and catch up a bit with each other. Then I'll go back to the bedroom, do my exercises while watching a bit of tv. A quick shower and get ready for bed.  

Tammat, you're on! 
  I know that most of any weight lost for me will be water weight, but I'll take it.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Aaron gets home from work around 6:15-6:30 and we will eat dinner. I normally will not eat again after that. If I eat too alt and then go to bed my stomach will be upset.

Good luck with your new routine, Pam! :clap::cross: Please do list all your exercises as it will hopefully motivate me!

Sunday was a bridal shower and a birthday celebration. Not good eating at all and then Sunday night I got quite sick. Yesterday I could only eat carby food and didn't do much at all. Today I will eat a bit better, but need to still take it easy on the veggies, etc. I will add more protein in. Hope to be back to salads and such tomorrow. My stomach is SO much better this morning than yesterday though. :D

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are we weighing in on Monday? I was going to do both. Oh what the heck. I had a binge last night and today I've gone up a pound!! Arrrghhh!! I have worked out that pms has a lot to do with my bingeing. Either that or I'm making excuses? It's terrible, this morning my eyes were all puffy again and I could hardly fit my rings on my fingers. I'm hoping a bit of it is fluid retention. I've got a lot of work to do the next two days!! Have any of you had success with any supplements for pms? I don't take the pill. Maybe I should do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.