The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I can do both Friday and Monday.

I lost 2.2 pounds since Monday. I'll take it. I don't care if it is water, I'll still take it.

PMS can do wicked things to women, Tammat. I have heard that magnesium supplements will help with chocolate cravings, but that's all I know.

Not that it's any consolation, but I binged a bit on Thursday myself. I'm a chocoholic and a carboholic and I love Cheez-its and potato chips. Mollipop and I had some Cheez-its last night. Thankfully, there weren't that many in the box. (Rick has some Little Debbie bars that keep calling to me; so far, I've managed to ignore the calling.) And we have Hershey's kisses in the basket at work this week. It's been difficult.

Rick wants to take me to breakfast tomorrow morning for Valentine's Day....he had told me to choose either dinner tonight or breakfast tomorrow. I dearly love breakfast, so that's what I chose. However, with the snow coming in tonight, we may not make it. I thought about making breakfast, but I think if we don't go out, I'm going to let it go. I don't need it. I want it, but I don't need it. 

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2.2l bs!!! Wow that's super. Great work Pam. Of course you still better watch out for Monday. I'm aiming for a whoosh!! I had been taking magnesium for reasons other than PMT but I ran out a few weeks ago and I had just bought a new bottle before I read your posts Pam. You must have sent me vibes!!! It says on the bottle that it can aid in PMT symptoms. When I look back it did help me a lot but not with food cravings. There is no miracle cure for that!!!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's great Pam! :clap:

I definitely get PMS cravings. :nod:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Pam!

No whoosh for me this week, I'm going to have a slight gain on Monday.  Ah well..I'm on plan, exercising every day, but one day, more carbs at my reward meal than usual, the next day, twice the amount of sodium I normally have in a day.  That seems to have been enough to pop me up.  This will come back off, so I'll keep on trucking :)

catsofanarchy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry i havent been all that active, new job plus my old job, ontop of my moms health, and Lestat and Ryelie.. bleh since my last post ive lost 5lbs yaayyy

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fabulous catsofanarchy !! Keep it up!!

It's Monday morning. I need to be at the PC so I can put one of those bags over my head. I stayed the same since Friday. I'm counting on you to have a great big loss Winchester. You are doing a fabulous job. I'm proud of you :). I'm not giving up. I really want to. But I'm just not going to. I made it to my goal and now I'm 2kgs heavier. Yikes. I'm trying no sugar for a week. I've never done that before. Gotta try something.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh it's me again. I just want to report that I survived my first day without sugar. I really did it. Six more to go!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Total loss since last Monday: 5.6 pounds. I will take it. It's before coffee and before exercise...I'm going to the basement around noon today and will hit the treadmill then.

It's been a rough week. I stuck to it as best I could (other than sharing the Cheez-Its with Mollipop on Thursday). We did go to dinner on Sat night, but I was so careful at dinner that Rick even felt a bit sorry for me. I think all that shoveling snow helped. As did walking down and up the basement stairs a bazillion times yesterday while putting away the Winterberry kitchen stuff. I'd go down and grab 2-3 boxes and bring them up. Fill them and take them back down and bring 2-3 more boxes up. When I was finished, Rick organized everything in the shelves.

I will share your sugar challenge with you this week, Tammat. Hang in there, my friend....I know you can do this. (And you better not have let me win!)

Part of getting back on track with my weight is to have menus for every night of the week; it's the only way I can be faithful to any kind of diet plan. So I went through my Healthy Cooking cookbooks last night and figured out menus for every night this week, both entrees and sides, including the amounts and the calories. If I know what I'm cooking, it helps me to be ready for binges before they happen. Sometimes, if I'm preparing carrots, for example, I'll slice enough carrots to have some to munch on while I'm making dinner. I include the carrots in my calorie total for the day, so I'm not going over my total. Or I may do it with cauliflower. Or celery, if I'm dicing celery for something with dinner. I'm ravenous til I get home from work, so having a few veggies while I'm making dinner will sometimes help me. And a great big glass of iced water, too.

Pat, you're the inspiration for us all! 

A big 
to catsofanarchy!  

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nice job!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Tamela, staying the same is better than a gain. :nod:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester, I find menu planning helps tremendously (though I don't always do it..lol). Good for you, and congrats on that loss!

I did have a slight gain, but I was so pleased to see how slight - just .62 of a lb.  Now..hopefully, this week will be one of my whoosh weeks!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's Fabulous Pam!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! I did not let you win. No way. A fabulous Job as always Pat! I am inspired by you guys. Thanks Abbysmom ;) I was lucky to maintain.
I've got vitamins and herbs to try and calm my PMT down. I also read to reduce sugar and caffeine intake. Its worth a try. I am also staying away from sugar because once I get a small taste of it I'm a goner. It's as if a switch turns on and then that's all I think of. Even as I'm having the first bite a voice inside my head says I'm going to need more of this. That's not PMT either that's just any time. At the moment I just can't fight it so I'm not even starting.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I survived my sugar-free Monday, too. Barely. But I did.

Karen, how are you doing?

ETA: I'm at work and there are some Hershey Hugs in the candy basket on our administrative assistant's desk. I was walking back from the restroom, saw the Hugs, and reached over to grab a couple. And then it hit me.......

"WARNING! WARNING! NO SUGAR! STOP! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" So i smacked my hand and walked away. This isn't going to be easy. Tammat, I feel your pain. 

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The woman across the street came over this weekend with 4 giant slices of pastry - banana cream pie, fruit tart, hazelnut torte and deep dish apple pie. She also brought a box of truffles. This was a thank you for us always doing her driveway. I only had a few truffles over the weekend, but of course we ate the pastry. :rolleyes:

Yesterday's goal for me was to eat less and no sugar. I succeeded. I'm going for the same goal today. :)

Yesterday I started trying to reduce the amount of coffee I drink by brewing less in the morning. So far so good with that also. :) I still really need to drink more water.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everybody.
Oh Abbysmom. What a lovely grateful neighbour. What can you do? Stop helping her!!! Only joking.
I had another successful day yesterday. No sugar and I've also been only having 2 cups of coffee a day all this week. The scales have gone down, down, down. It's incredible.
Today I'm going to a funeral. It's a gorgeous Greek family and there will be food everywhere. I'm going to stick to savoury. Oh and I keep forgetting to say I've been drinking lots of water.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhh, Karen. I would be on 
 with those pastries. And the truffles.

I blew my sugar intake on Wednesday (Rick bought those filled cookies), but have been doing OK since then. I need to drink more water, too, and I don't manage to get that down.

Tammat, congrats on the downward scale slide! Pat, I hope you have a whoosh! week!

I lost .8 pound since Monday.

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since Monday I've lost the .62 I put on last week..now for a good weekend so I can have a new low when I average on Monday.  I'm just .5 of a lb. off my lowest weight in years, so maybe a new single day low by Monday too :)

NO going out to eat this weekend, and my little 8 piece box of chocolate truffles has been consumed..lol.  I'm in charge of all the cooking, and can really watch what I'm taking in.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Pam. Is that since last frid or Monday? Good work Pat.
I was busy yesterday but I did weigh myself in the morning. 4.18 lb lost!!!! Yes it's not a mistake!! Every time I had a sugar craving I had a glass of water or two. So I drank Lots of water lol! I stuck to no sugar and by Thursday I felt great. Really great. Friday night I had guests for dinner so I ate dessert but I only had one serve and I quickly put the leftovers in the freezer so I wouldn't be tempted to eat them after everyone was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.