The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We absolutely loved that fettuccine with the vegetables. It was just delicious. Will post the recipe when I get home tonight. It was lower in fat and calories and it was meatless. I will do the water challenge this coming week; I'm not drinking nearly enough water again.

I lost one pound this week. I'm going in the right direction, just v-e-r-y slowly. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I forgot to get on the scale before I had breakfast. It wasn't a great week for me, keeping on track-wise. :( I had a very busy week and didn't walk enough and was grabbing food that wasn't' great for me. It looks today will be a decent day out there, so I need to walk, walk, walk.

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 1.67 lbs. this past week..am excited with what is upcoming later this Spring.  As it is, I am lighter than I've been in about 28 years!

catsofanarchy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Challenge: i made baked salmon (new recipe) with cottage cheese n' pineapple, and some v8 juice! Twas delicious

Weigh in: I lost 4 lbs! Yaayy i did some squats, jogging, lots of walking and stayed on or bellow my suggested calorie intake all week

So go me oh yeah just 51lbs to go!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Challenge: i made baked salmon (new recipe) with cottage cheese n' pineapple, and some v8 juice! Twas delicious

Weigh in: I lost 4 lbs! Yaayy i did some squats, jogging, lots of walking and stayed on or bellow my suggested calorie intake all week

So go me oh yeah just 51lbs to go!
Congrats!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got sick last Friday and have been off my diet since, so I gained this week :( finally starting to feel better so will get back on the wagon ASAP! I did not cook the cauliflower mac due to being sick so looks like I missed the challenge. Do we have a new challenge for this week?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got sick last Friday and have been off my diet since, so I gained this week
finally starting to feel better so will get back on the wagon ASAP! I did not cook the cauliflower mac due to being sick so looks like I missed the challenge. Do we have a new challenge for this week?
Glad you are feeling better.  Not sure if we settled on a challenge for this week?

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done to everybody who lost!! Great job! Keep it up!
I forgot to get on the scales yesterday but I did this morning. I'm up another kilo (2lbs).

I think the challenge for this week is drink more water.

peppermintplant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did not stick to my diet or do the challenge this week - I was just too busy going back at forth to the vet and working extra hours. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose, either. :(

Gonna get back on track this week.

Congrats to everyone who lost! Some of the recipes you guys tried sound awesome.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Those of you on myfitnesspal.com can click on the amount of water you drink every day (in glasses). I've been really trying to add my water intake on the site and that makes me want to drink another glass or two during the day.

Is it just water or does it include coffee, soda, juice, etc? I think it's just water, but not sure.

Last edited:

peppermintplant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it just water or does it include coffee, soda, juice, etc? I think it's just water, but not sure.
If you're talking about the myfitnesspal goal, I'm not sure, because I'm not a member. They may want people to avoid soda or coffee for health reasons.

But if you're talking about water intake each day - how we're all supposed to drink eight glasses of water - then yeah, all liquids count. So does moist, juicy food like fruits. And while caffeine on its own can dehydrate you, when you drink it in liquid that usually mitigates the effects (unless you're drinking energy drinks or something).

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/27/dehydration-myths_n_3498380.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5281046.stm

The only things to keep in mind is that stuff like juice, soda and Starbucks drinks can have a lot of calories, and too much caffeine can have other negative effects even if it doesn't dehydrate you. Also, the jury is still out on whether diet soda can spur weight gain: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/diet-sodas-and-weight-gain-not-so-fast

(I did a lot of research on this a few months ago because I am not a big fan of water and really love tea and diet Coke, lol.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
water and flavored waters that don't' contain artificial sweeteners or any other type of sweetener. I am already failing at this. Today I shall be better. :nod:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm forcing myself to drink a full glass of water with my meds now in the morning instead of a sip or two. (But water on an empty stomach can make me ill if I'm not careful). Morning meds are calcium, fish oil, Vit D3, BP pill, and Osteo-BiFlex.

We have a water dispenser in the office, so I walk over for a glass around 10:30 or so. And again around 2:30. That's in addition to my morning coffee and my lunch time diet Dew. 

I drink another full glass with my dinner meds (calcium, fish oil, vitamin, and Osteo-BiFlex). I've started to drink a glass of iced water with dinner, too.

And then throughout the evening, I'll grab a glass of crushed ice and water to take back to the computer or the bedroom. But again, I have to be careful I don't end up in the bathroom all night.

5-6 large glasses daily now. Overall, not too bad. Could be better.

But if I've gained, it's water weight!! 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 1.4 lbs. this past week.  I am now 2.33 lbs. from my next mini-goal :)

fluffybeard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'd like to join the healthy club!

I've gained some weight over the past year. I don't know how much cause I don't have a scale but I know my waist has been around 30" and it usually is 28" and I haven't been eating well or exercising, so now I need to be healthy again!

Based on how I feel I prob need to lose about 15lbs. I'll have to get a scale! Good luck everyone!

My main goals this week are to avoid going to Starbucks and eating pastries with iced mochas! And to get up and go for a walk every morning. Let's see if I can! :D

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations, Pat!

Yes, I think you are the only person this week. I was off work yesterday and didn't even think about it. Nor did I walk yesterday. And I won't do any elliptical or treadmill today either. 

I'm depressed with the whole thing at this point. (sorry)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congratulations, Pat!

Yes, I think you are the only person this week. I was off work yesterday and didn't even think about it. Nor did I walk yesterday. And I won't do any elliptical or treadmill today either. 

I'm depressed with the whole thing at this point. (sorry)
I"m sorry..just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater as they say.  It's all a matter of finding out what works best for you and most especially, what you can live with - and do - for the rest of your life.  You'll figure out what you need to tweek and change.  I know you've seen that I lose slowly, but it's steady..and I've learned how to go to parties, take cross-country trips, eat out at restaurants a fair bit, and keep on losing.  It truly has taken me years to figure this all out, and as you may have guessed I really got myself into a health pickle with way way too much weight piled on.

I have confidence in you - you will find the right balance of exercise and diet changes that you can live with.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'd like to join the healthy club!

I've gained some weight over the past year. I don't know how much cause I don't have a scale but I know my waist has been around 30" and it usually is 28" and I haven't been eating well or exercising, so now I need to be healthy again!

Based on how I feel I prob need to lose about 15lbs. I'll have to get a scale! Good luck everyone!

My main goals this week are to avoid going to Starbucks and eating pastries with iced mochas! And to get up and go for a walk every morning. Let's see if I can!
Ah starbucks...I had my last breve latte when I looked up how many calories are in one - and that is without any flavoring too!  I now drink Americanos - either black or only with 2 oz. half and half added.
Good luck, this has been a really good group.  I think the weather has taken the starch out of some folks for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.