The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was frustrated yesterday because I needed to run places and couldn’t quite get everything to work in our schedule. I decided to save 3 errands for today and do them in the morning.

Well it turned out for my benefit at every stop! I ended up needing to mail a second package. And to buy a mailing envelope for it at the pharmacy when I got my prescription. So that prevented extra trips right there.

And then we stopped at the orchard for apples for pies next week and it turned out to be the day they give educators a discount! (And they include homeschoolers as educators; which I really appreciate.) If we’d gone yesterday I would have missed it.

I got a HUGE head of local broccoli for under $3 too.:yummy: Plus local cider and fresh cider donuts. Cuz when in Rome…:tongue:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I planned to go to the gym today but listened to my body and decided to rest, take the day off. I think all the shopping, traffic and crowds got to me so I just felt like I needed to sleep and that's exactly what I did. :thumbsup:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cousin and her family made a pit-stop at my house when their post-Thanksgiving travels took them right through my town. :redheartpump:

My son was so excited he cleaned his room!:lol:

Her boys got some wiggles out and I showed them the swingset their daddy came to help build before DS was even born. Then we went to a local pizza place for a bite to eat before they finished the drive home. It was such a treat for us even if it was just 2 hours.:redheartpump:

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking two weeks off work around Christmas time to get my annual leave under the cap so it doesn't get lumped into my sick leave which I have almost 700 hours right now so definitely don't need more added.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking two weeks off work around Christmas time to get my annual leave under the cap so it doesn't get lumped into my sick leave which I have almost 700 hours right now so definitely don't need more added.
Good! In my former work life (Human Resources), December and early January were our busiest times because of benefit renewals and changes. The only saving grace was that the office was pretty much empty so there were fewer people to pester us while we worked. Enjoy your time off!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dad left me the last 2 servings of his Baccala/Codfish Salad. He has become the designated family member to make it every Christmas once Grandma couldn’t. Last year I gave it a go after having to write a recipe as he described how to make it (because there isn’t one…or any measurements!). His is better. :drool:

Now I’m searching for where to find the fish for our Christmas. I’ll probably order online like I did last year.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad left me the last 2 servings of his Baccala/Codfish Salad. He has become the designated family member to make it every Christmas once Grandma couldn’t. Last year I gave it a go after having to write a recipe as he described how to make it (because there isn’t one…or any measurements!). His is better. :drool:

Now I’m searching for where to find the fish for our Christmas. I’ll probably order online like I did last year.
Have you tried searching the internet to see if there is a similar recipe out there? It might give you measurements for the ingredients he uses.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some inspirational quotes:

“A cat doesn’t care if you are smart or dumb; give him your heart and he will give you his.” – Abraham Lincoln

“The smallest feline is a masterpiece.” – Leonardo da Vinci

“I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.” – Jules Verne

“I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.” –
Edgar Allen Poe

“What greater gift than the love of a cat?” – Charles Dickens

“To err is human, to purr is feline.” –
Robert Byrne

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went to our friend's Annual White Elephant party today and had a wonderful time. Everyone brought a dish to pass and I was stuffed by the time we left, (ate too many desserts). The best part is all the guests are huge animal lovers. In fact, several of them volunteer at an animal shelter. We laughed a lot at some of the gifts especially the ones that kept getting stolen. The gifts are all wrapped so you don't know what it is until you open it - we got a Chia pet. :lol:

IMG_2175.jpeg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to our friend's Annual White Elephant party today and had a wonderful time. Everyone brought a dish to pass and I was stuffed by the time we left, (ate too many desserts). The best part is all the guests are huge animal lovers. In fact, several of them volunteer at an animal shelter. We laughed a lot at some of the gifts especially the ones that kept getting stolen. The gifts are all wrapped so you don't know what it is until you open it - we got a Chia pet. :lol:

View attachment 464827
So cute- glad you had a great time❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgiveness is such a beautiful thing ..Personally I'm not one to hold on to things and forgiveness comes easily-perhaps its a selfish act because the only ones effected by " resentments" are oneself.....

Yesterday 2 people(separately & unrelated issues) came a calling to ask forgiveness-I assured them each that they were forgiven from the very moment they spoke or acted as they did but I was happy they could find relief in knowing there's no hard feelings.....it's really nice when people sincerely care about others and humble themselves and you get the opportunity to say" it's okay,I still love you,always have"

It's a crazy world,alot of hate but there are some really wonderful people in it and it's good to make someone happy

Be quick to Forgive

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My old church used to have a white elephant exchange after the Christmas Eve service every year and they were always HILLARIOUS. I was 12 or so when I got a pair of socks that said "Soccer Mom." :lol: Every year after service someone would open their home (or sometimes we'd use the church fellowship hall) and there would be food and things and people would stay till late late at night just having a good time, playing games, being silly. It was so fun. But man, those gift exchanges were a hoot. Army men, dog biscuits, a wreath made from plastic spoons, a roll of TP with a bell in the center... you never knew what you might get; but the laughs were priceless. My DH was so confused the first year. 🤪:lol:

My backyard is FULL of birds today. DS and I stood there looking outside for a good 10 minutes naming all the birds. There's a small flock of bluebirds, 2 kinds of woodpeckers (downy and redbellied), the blue jay is here, the cardinal, many chickadees, different sparrows and finches, juncos, several squirrels, and of course some cowbirds. I just added a big bag of bird seed to my grocery list. They are all enjoying the woodpecker block too. :redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.