The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that I may have found a way to turn off the annoying random capitalization of words when I type. I was looking at my setting and found a whole bunch of them relating to auto correct and other automatic functions. Auto cap is now off and hopefully you will never see weird capitalized words in my posts.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely I have that same Chia pet. :lol:

Just looking at pictures of Bob Ross R.I.P. (or his clay likeness) is enough to put a smile on my face.

Knowing that even though it's going to be a lean Christmas, I am almost finished with my shopping makes me happy. DH went to a local winery 🍷 and bought a bottle of wine (I'm doing the online shopping) as a gift 🎁. My small business Saturday finally fulfilled on a Tuesday. The winery had already sold out of their popular Christmas wine online, but they still had a few bottles in the shop. :clap:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my husband doesn't care for musicals, theater, opera or ballet I enjoy spending time with my daughter. We're very compatible.
That's so nice to hear....as they say" A son is a son til he takes a wife,,a daughters a daughter the rest of your life"

Very sweet,many Blessings to you and your lovely family

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to get our Christmas tree after work today. Always stressful because I want to find the perfect one that isn't too tall. Plus all look the same after awhile so when I finally decide on one, I have to "refind" it once I go to get the attendant to cut the base for me.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I’m going to surprise my kids by starting Christmas break after school next Wednesday instead of Friday. And significantly lighten my other plans. DD will be at a good stopping point for History and DS just isn’t focusing well anyway. We have a homeschool group party on Tuesday. Wednesday night DS has a hotdog roast with his boy’s group. We’re so ready. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someone keeps giving DH yummy snacks at work and since he’s not eating sugar much he’s bringing me these British candies. :yummy:
image.jpg

I do not like Whoppers so I wasn’t sure about the Maltesers but wow are they good! My kids loved them too.

We had fun looking at the labels too to figure out what language they are in. One is in German and the other Hungarian according to Google translate. I’m not sure how he’s getting these in the US.

DS loves geography so now I’m wishing for one of those snacks from around the world subscriptions so we can keep trying stuff like this. I mean it could count for school!:lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a couple for today...

1 Boone and Gracie got nose to nose with one of the outside strays through the sliding glass door and everyone behaved themselves (mostly because the stray is female). She even brought her two kittens to meet my cats.

2 Got all my weekend chores done last night and today so I have nothing on the agenda for tomorrow except to enjoy a rainy day (calling for about 2 inches of heavy rain)

3 Got all of Boone and Gracie's Christmas presents and stocking stuffers ordered for the upcoming Chewy autoship.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyday is a good day if you look at it that way. The guy in front of me at Walmart bought the ladies groceries in front of him when she did not have enough money to pay for them. It made me smile all day to see such a nice act of kindness.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the best news last night. Youngest told me that he is almost positive that he won't have to work on Christmas Day. I was so upset thinking that while family would be over at our house celebrating, he would have missed out. Now it looks like he'll get to join us. :cheerleader:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the best news last night. Youngest told me that he is almost positive that he won't have to work on Christmas Day. I was so upset thinking that while family would be over at our house celebrating, he would have missed out. Now it looks like he'll get to join us. :cheerleader:
That's wonderful news- so happy for you and your family

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes!

And MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles how do I go about getting candy like that? I am an Elf, you are the very person who called me one, yet nobody leaves candy for me! Nobody leaves candy for me!
Um... I think the elves do the candy-bringing. Sorry. :alright: Our presents are from the cats...boxed hopefully.... :paranoid:

Status
Not open for further replies.