The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aileen666

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let's hear something positive going on in your life. Something as small as a good cup of coffee, a sunny day or a phone call can be a small positive in your life. Remember to keep it positive. :hearthrob:

I started 2022 thinking it was going to be a rough year and that Abby wouldn't make it to the end. It was a rough year, but I got through it and Abby is still here.
I don’t think I hsve much positivity unfortunately. I had to work today , I work tomorrow , my cat isn’t eating and was diagnosed with small cell lymphoma Thursday. The only positive thing lately for me had been Starbucks

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my Pernil fix thanks to my step-grandparents. Unfortunately my stepdad’s stepmother came down with a bug so they had to cancel their Christmas Eve plans to host some family. They had already cooked some and had gifts for my kids so my mom and stepdad stopped and picked up the gifts plus a container of pernil and arroz con grandules. I am sorry they couldn’t celebrate together; but I am grateful for the food. :redheartpump:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think I hsve much positivity unfortunately. I had to work today , I work tomorrow , my cat isn’t eating and was diagnosed with small cell lymphoma Thursday. The only positive thing lately for me had been Starbucks
I'm sorry- :alright: But now you have US,thsts positive,isn't it?

artiemom artiemom has a beautiful boy named Geoffrey( same diagnosis) who she has been taking care of for quite some time and you can read all about it here on TCS,I think you'll find it very helpful❤

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I made the trip to Port St Lucie this morning to spend some of Christmas Day with my Cousin ,my favorite hooman on the planet......of course hardly anyone is on I95 Christmas morning so that was great,listened to Christmas Carol's all the way,singing along.... not bad at all,I left early enough to avoid traffic getting back home,it was just starting to thicken,just starting to rain too- so I beat the heavy rains and the insane traffic probably by minutes-whew!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my new Christmas gift. I had been looking at this floor mop system that lets you easily rinse and wring out a swiffer type floor mop on Amazon for months. It was fairly inexpensive and the concept seemed great but I still had doubts that it would just be a piece of junk or difficult to use. Came with everything needed and works wonderfully
BOSHENG Hands-Free Mop and Bucket Set with 3 Washable Pads, Wet/Dry Floor Cleaning System, Red/Black

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday we went to make a donation both monetary and cat food at the animal shelter where we adopted Neely and our last dog. We go there several times a year with pet food and/or household supplies. We built up a friendship over the years with several of the staffers and spent an hour talking to them. I love talking to likeminded animal people. One has been there for 32 years, one 34 and another 22. I think that says a lot about their dedication and commitment. 🤗 We saw a dog in the office that we fell in love with and I could have been easily persuaded to adopt him except he belonged to one of the employees. He was a Newfoundland/Border Collie Mix - so precious and friendly. :redheartpump: I'm sure Carleton would not have felt the same way .:lol:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we went to make a donation both monetary and cat food at the animal shelter where we adopted Neely and our last dog. We go there several times a year with pet food and/or household supplies. We built up a friendship over the years with several of the staffers and spent an hour talking to them. I love talking to likeminded animal people. One has been there for 32 years, one 34 and another 22. I think that says a lot about their dedication and commitment. 🤗 We saw a dog in the office that we fell in love with and I could have been easily persuaded to adopt him except he belonged to one of the employees. He was a Newfoundland/Border Collie Mix - so precious and friendly. :redheartpump: I'm sure Carleton would not have felt the same way .:lol:
Carleton had a close call,he'd surely be glad pooch has an owner:banana2:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
If Carleton were younger I would have seriously considered another dog but he was already older when we adopted him and being a senior now with other health issues it wouldn't be fair to him. 😾
Awwww- good decision,I'd feel exactly the same way - he doesn't need anyone new to deal with ,sweet Carleton ❤

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry- :alright: But now you have US,thsts positive,isn't it?

artiemom artiemom has a beautiful boy named Geoffrey( same diagnosis) who she has been taking care of for quite some time and you can read all about it here on TCS,I think you'll find it very helpful❤
Thanks, but I do not know how helpful my thread is.. It started with me just venting, and grew from there. I will update soon... do not know when, as I always feel I am jinxing Geoffrey by posting; just my superstitious side. Today is not a good day for Geoffrey as he vomited this morning, before breakfast. I think it was from eating some thread off of a new toy... dam cat with PICA... anything but food... He wanted his Mama this morning. When I went in to make my bed, he was deep under the all the covers.. poor baby.. So, I cuddled with him for a few times this morning. He was so happy--- purring so hard. I did not vacuum, because I did not want to upset him. I took some food over to him. He ate less than 1/4 can..I will take that. Chemo is postponed until tomorrow. Do not want to upset his tummy even more.
He is so sweet.. He is covered deep within my bedspread/quilt.

My positive is that I have my little boy with me.. and loving me.. It is quiet in here... Covid is rampant in my building, but I am OK, so fa.. have windows open a smidge for fresh air, have plenty of food. and my baby with me-- giving me love...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Carleton were younger I would have seriously considered another dog but he was already older when we adopted him and being a senior now with other health issues it wouldn't be fair to him. 😾
That is part of what has kept us from adding a dog to our family; even though I have been saying for years that it would be good for DS. Both kids are getting allergy testing in a couple months; so that’s the other half of the hurdle. I completely forsee DS having a house full of animals someday. For now; Mooch isn’t sharing her boy! :smash::lol:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but I do not know how helpful my thread is.. It started with me just venting, and grew from there. I will update soon... do not know when, as I always feel I am jinxing Geoffrey by posting; just my superstitious side. Today is not a good day for Geoffrey as he vomited this morning, before breakfast. I think it was from eating some thread off of a new toy... dam cat with PICA... anything but food... He wanted his Mama this morning. When I went in to make my bed, he was deep under the all the covers.. poor baby.. So, I cuddled with him for a few times this morning. He was so happy--- purring so hard. I did not vacuum, because I did not want to upset him. I took some food over to him. He ate less than 1/4 can..I will take that. Chemo is postponed until tomorrow. Do not want to upset his tummy even more.
He is so sweet.. He is covered deep within my bedspread/quilt.

My positive is that I have my little boy with me.. and loving me.. It is quiet in here... Covid is rampant in my building, but I am OK, so fa.. have windows open a smidge for fresh air, have plenty of food. and my baby with me-- giving me love...
artiemom artiemom ,I love you( & Geoffrey too)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom ,I love you( & Geoffrey too)
Awwwww... thank you so much.. love you too! :hugs::redheartpump:..

Positive: tested myself for Covid this afternoon-- just as a precaution. I feel fine-- negative result.. so still safe.
Geoffrey had a good day: eating good, played a lot today.. still a Mama's boy.. right now I am sitting, stretched out on the recliner-- because Geoffrey really wanted to sit with me. I have the laptop on my lap.. so I had to recline. Geoffrey is cuddled up against my lower legs... such a sweet boy... gotta give him his evening meds soon.. IMG_1770.jpeg

This is Geoffrey, using his Gift from Santa: a Gingerbread House scratcher! IMG_1770.jpeg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww... thank you so much.. love you too! :hugs::redheartpump:..

Positive: tested myself for Covid this afternoon-- just as a precaution. I feel fine-- negative result.. so still safe.
Geoffrey had a good day: eating good, played a lot today.. still a Mama's boy.. right now I am sitting, stretched out on the recliner-- because Geoffrey really wanted to sit with me. I have the laptop on my lap.. so I had to recline. Geoffrey is cuddled up against my lower legs... such a sweet boy... gotta give him his evening meds soon..View attachment 466891

This is Geoffrey, using his Gift from Santa: a Gingerbread House scratcher!View attachment 466891
Adorable- look at that cute little butt!

His house/scratcher is so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.