Post Your Cats On Your Bed

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't surprise me - I knitted a cat bed and it was totally ignored. :)
It's true. Nothing beats a good box. Even though boxes have never gotten much attention here. :think: A paper bag is also PAWpular. I don't have a lot of these, and I never leave them out. But anyway. We have quite a few hand-crocheted blankets made by a good friend to support her indy business and keep cats happy and comfy.
IMG_2051.JPG
IMG_1743.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG

But really, all of the beds here belong to THEM. :heartshape:

Last edited:

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Interesting about leather sofas. Some years ago we had a leather sofa and chairs. Cats never clawed it. My late husband was a big man and literally flattened one of the chairs and part of the sofa. Replaced it with a faux leather sofa about 6 years ago. It wasn't too expensive but now has holes...big holes...all over it. I will be replacing it maybe next year and it will be real leather next time. We have got scratching posts and a cat tree. Some of the cats use that - Otto in particular I've never caught clawing the sofa. Kira on the other hand won't use any of the scratching posts or the cat tree. She prefers the sofa (same goes for Tigger). Kira is the worst offender and if I tell her off she gives me a dirty look that says "I'll scratch it if I like!"

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting about leather sofas. Some years ago we had a leather sofa and chairs. Cats never clawed it. My late husband was a big man and literally flattened one of the chairs and part of the sofa. Replaced it with a faux leather sofa about 6 years ago. It wasn't too expensive but now has holes...big holes...all over it. I will be replacing it maybe next year and it will be real leather next time. We have got scratching posts and a cat tree. Some of the cats use that - Otto in particular I've never caught clawing the sofa. Kira on the other hand won't use any of the scratching posts or the cat tree. She prefers the sofa (same goes for Tigger). Kira is the worst offender and if I tell her off she gives me a dirty look that says "I'll scratch it if I like!"
Maybe more scratching posts & pads in more locations? And sweetening them with catnip leaves and/or spray, and/or silvervine, might entice Kira and Tigger...

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe more scratching posts & pads in more locations? And sweetening them with catnip leaves and/or spray, and/or silvervine, might entice Kira and Tigger...
Got them all over the house and spray them with Kong catnip spray - strong stuff. All we get are 8 cats high as kites on 'nip :flail:

Not sure what silvervine is - not heard of it in the UK. I'm not really bothered because furniture and carpets wear out anyway or we get bored with them. The cats are more important than any furniture and everyone who knows me, knows I have cats. If they're happy, I'm happy. My sofa's black and black Duct Tape works wonders :biggrin:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got them all over the house and spray them with Kong catnip spray - strong stuff. All we get are 8 cats high as kites on 'nip :flail:

Not sure what silvervine is - not heard of it in the UK. I'm not really bothered because furniture and carpets wear out anyway or we get bored with them. The cats are more important than any furniture and everyone who knows me, knows I have cats. If they're happy, I'm happy. My sofa's black and black Duct Tape works wonders :biggrin:
GOOD on ya! :goldstar:
Silvervine is an Asian plant that produces a calming but uplifting effect on many cats. Elvis LOVES it. Some businesses in the UK must sell it. I get mine from a small indy business devoted to cats and their loved ones.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GOOD on ya! :goldstar:
Silvervine is an Asian plant that produces a calming but uplifting effect on many cats. Elvis LOVES it. Some businesses in the UK must sell it. I get mine from a small indy business devoted to cats and their loved ones.
I'll have to have a look for it. It could be called something different over here. The only living plants I have in the house are a Snake Plant (we call them Mother-in-Law's Tongue), a mini Orchid I got as a Christmas gift from my piano teacher and his wife about 5 years ago, both of these live in the bathroom and an Aloe Vera that lives in the kitchen. Both the kitchen and the bathroom are cat-free areas unless we're in there because Lucky will eat anything that's green and he also twice turned the gas taps on. I woke up to a very strong smell of gas. We have natural gas in the UK so you can't get gassed but if you put on a light switch, you would blow the house up. Waiting half an hour for the house to clear of gas when I was desperate for a coffee and cigarette was not good. At least it was summer so wasn't cold. I had an antique ewer jug and basin on the bathroom windowsill and, you've guessed it, Lucky got in and broke it plus, of course, there's things in the bathroom that cats shouldn't go near. I had to put a childproof lock on the kitchen door to stop Lucky getting in. I caught him a few weeks ago trying to work out how to open the childproof lock. He's one very smart cat. He knows there's a button underneath it you have to press to move the lever back. He actually tried it with his paw but it's very stiff and he didn't succeed. I have to use two hands to open it.

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats are VERY intelligent. Is there any kind of childproofing you can do on the gas taps?
I did look at these but they weren't practical as ours is a large range cooker. Apart from that, we keep the cat food in the kitchen and the dry food would have ended all over the floor and we would also have had very fat cats :crackup:

The door lock was the simplest solution and works like a charm 👍

My son has accidentally (probably on purpose) locked me in the kitchen a couple of times. Held to ransom "Make the chocolate cake or I don't let you out" :flail: