The Perpetual People Exercise Post

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all!

Utopia, I usually get my protein from eggs, peanut butter, low-fat yogurt and tons of almonds. The more I have read about it, the more I think I need more protein in my diet, so I'll be ordering some protien supplements (i.e. protein powder) within the next week or so. I have been ramping things up and exercising every day, and I think the additional protein will help with my recovery.

Gail, I am planning on spoiling myself with some good running shoes once spring rolls around. I have never been a jogger, but I am ready to take my "running in place" routine out on the road. Film at eleven!

I ran for 30 minutes in front of the ol' Wii Fit this morning, and clocked in at a woeful 3.97 miles in that time. I think this was my worst distance for that time, so that really stunk. I have run for 30+ minutes every other day for over a week, though, so I am guessing my body is telling me to take a break for a day or two.

I just got back from donating blood, so I'll likely be taking tomorrow and Thursday off to do a little recovery.

Keep it up, folks! I am proud of you!

Dave

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

(Our tortie, Ms. Pepe, decided that she wanted to "help" me with my crunches. She crawled up on my stomach while I was lying on the mat. Trying to crunch with a 13-pound cat lying on you is exercise indeed! She wouldn't move either.)
This is so funny, Jake always participates too when i do yoga!! When I do a headstand or a shoulder stand, he jumps up at my legs to catch my feet because my feet are always a fun toy for him, so when they are in the air, it's an even bigger excitement
And he likes to take up space on my mat, so if i am doing a standing pose on only half the mat he takes up the other half and when I need to lay down or something I can't...I think it's the cutest thing when he leaves paw prints on my mat

Originally Posted by Dave T

Hello all!

Utopia, I usually get my protein from eggs, peanut butter, low-fat yogurt and tons of almonds. The more I have read about it, the more I think I need more protein in my diet, so I'll be ordering some protien supplements (i.e. protein powder) within the next week or so. I have been ramping things up and exercising every day, and I think the additional protein will help with my recovery.

Gail, I am planning on spoiling myself with some good running shoes once spring rolls around. I have never been a jogger, but I am ready to take my "running in place" routine out on the road. Film at eleven!

I ran for 30 minutes in front of the ol' Wii Fit this morning, and clocked in at a woeful 3.97 miles in that time. I think this was my worst distance for that time, so that really stunk. I have run for 30+ minutes every other day for over a week, though, so I am guessing my body is telling me to take a break for a day or two.

I just got back from donating blood, so I'll likely be taking tomorrow and Thursday off to do a little recovery.

Keep it up, folks! I am proud of you!

Dave
How nice of you to donate blood

i've been into almonds as well!
I bought a bunch of them raw, I think they taste better raw and I eat some at breakfast with baby carrots..Getting more protein has helped soo much!!

I also had a power aide one day and that helped me run so much faster and not run out of breath. I guess carbs help too, but only if I get them right before my workout. I drank it because I was feeling sick the day before and lost a lot of fluids so I didn't want to die due to an electrolyte imbalance..I can be soooo paranoid sometimes

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dave, you did good by donating blood. Kudos.

ut0pia, I love raw almonds. From Trader Joe's when I can get them.

Last night (Tuesday) was an off night for me. I had homework to do for my class. I did get my 3 mile walk in yesterday at lunch and did another mile on the treadmill last night. So that's 4 miles both Monday and Tuesday. Tonight, I'll do my regular exercise routines.

Thursday is an off-day....but I'm thinking about trying a Firm DVD again. I always liked them before, but didn't have a DVD player in our bedroom and I don'y enjoy exercising in the living room. We put a player in the bedroom now and DH will be bowling on Thursday, so there's nobody around to watch me or hear the DVD playing (I don't like to "dance" and "hop" with DH around; he tries not to, but always ends up laughing at me). Stay tuned!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Mon and Tues I did 2xday workouts as I am on a weight plateau. Really overtired last night and slept poorly. So no planned exercise this am. But what did I do?? Shoveled snow for 90 minutes before work and 45 min when I got home!! I think I cracked the plateau though....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got my 3 miles in over lunch yesterday and then another mile on the treadmill last night. I was going to do a Firm exercise, but got sidetracked with a phonecall. I should be able to walk over lunch today and then tonight is an exercise night for me.

Gail, glad you kicked that plateau. But geez, that's a lot of snow.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I didn't read the whole thread, but good job to everyone for all the healthy exercise!

I also started exercising more. I have yoga class twice a week (but I tend to miss half of my classes
), I go to the gym with my boyfriend twice a week (although we are taking a break now since my boyfriend hurt his back two weeks ago) and I have the EA Sport Active game for my wii - and I am now working on the 30 day challenge. It's really fun, even if I feel a bit silly running in place in front of my TV

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been pouring rain here today and yesterday, so I haven't been to the gym cuz that would mean I'd have to walk to the gym in the rain, and isn't very close to my car..
Lol, I show no dedication, apparently being dry and warm is way more important to me than working out...but it is what it is

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gail, snow shovelling always goes into my workout log. Heck, sometimes that is unfortunately some of the best exercise I get. BOO!

Marie-p, welcome to the wonderful world of jogging in place in front of the ol' Wii! I just have the basic Wii Fit, but I am up to 30 minutes at a time. Thankfully I stave off the boredom by watching sitcoms I have recorded, and jogging around the basement during the commercials.

As for me, I rode the ol' exercise bike for 30 minutes today. I went 9.3 miles on the 2nd setting (of 5). Nothing exciting, but not too bad.

Tomorrow I'll be hopping back into my push up and curl routine, and will either do some running in place or an exercise DVD on Sunday.

Keep at it, folks!

Dave

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked/ran outside after work yesterday. Had to run part of the way as I knew dusk would be approaching and one doesn't want to be out on rural roads in the dark!

Took today off-well I did go shopping so I did a bit of walking!

Keep up the good work everyone!

More snow coming Monday/Tuesday so more shoveling might be in the future (versus using the snowblower).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
On Saturday, I did 2 miles on the treadmill, so that puts me at 25.5 miles to finish off last week. I got all my routines done last week, too, so I'm ready for tonight's routines for the new week.

On Sunday, I did 3 miles on the treadmill and this morning, I was awake at 5:30, so I fed the cats their breakfast, did the clean-up, and then hit the treadmill for a mile. I'll walk my 3 over lunch today (although it's going to be a cold one).

I cannot run due to a knee injury several years ago. There are exercises that I cannot do because of lower back disk problems (four disks are completely blown at this point). I try concentrate on exercises that I can do and that won't kill my back. Thank goodness, I can walk!

ut0pia, the weather has a lot to do with why we got the treadmill and the Bowflex. I really hate going outside when the weather is bad. I can walk when it's cold or I can walk when it's raining or even snowing. I cannot walk when it's really windy outside AND raining or snowing. One or the other, but not both.

Dave, when I'm on the treadmill, I'll usually watch a DVD, right now, I'm watching The Wire (thanks to a co-worker who makes sure I never get bored). Started it yesterday. I do my exercises to something on the Food Network. I don't know that I could hit the treadmill without something to kill the boredom.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well in four days I did over 13 miles of walking/running on the treadmill.

Perhap for use treadmill or home gym addicts we could swap DVD series?? I am starting season 3 of The Tudors!

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Valentine's Day is over you slackers, let's get back at it!

Just kidding, of course. I am good at exercising, but tend to be very streaky when posting about it.

Yesterday I did my 120 curls and 120 push ups routine.
This morning I rode the exercise bike for 30 minutes and went 8.6 miles on the 2nd most difficult setting.

Tomorrow it'll be back to the curls and push ups, and Wii jogging on Friday.

Keep the faith!

Dave

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually take one day off from exercising which was last Sat. I got outside three days this week two of them for walk/very light running (3.25 miles) each day and one day with a little over 2 hours of light snow shoveling.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm in a slump. Shoveled snow last Wed and Thurs. Then got really sick and spent four days in bed. I finally did walk yesterday. That was it. I'm not doing very well right now.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been doing yoga every day but I haven't been able to go to the gym because it's been so cold- it snowed here last week and when I'm out all i can think about is getting to a place that's warm, so I can't get myself to walk to the gym, which is pretty far

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back on track.....hopefully.

Walked 3.25 miles yesterday (Monday) and did all my exercises and weights last night. The last two weeks when I didn't do much of anything? I gained 5 pounds!!
Combination of not exercising and binging. And I know better than that.

I'm going out for my walk today!

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get back on track, Winchester!

Utopia, do you do yoga at home? I have toyed with the idea on the Wii fit, because I am about as flexible as a pencil. It's a wonder I can do lunges!

I try not to worry about the occasional lapse, but I try not to go longer than three days without working out, and I usually get very antsy if I go two days in a row without working out. Being anal retentive has its advantages, I suppose.

Yesterday I virtually ran for 31 minutes and totalled 4.40 miles in 30 minutes.
Today I'll do a total of 120 crunches/presses/curls/etc and 120 push-ups. Or maybe 150 of each. But probably 120. I am not feeling very motivated at the moment. LOL

Keep the faith, folks!

Dave

seiko7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
did 45 minutes uphill on treadmill, 20 km on the recumbent bike.15 minutes of abs...sets of 24 in 8 positions...and I am done for the day.
loving each and every moment

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dave T

Get back on track, Winchester!
Slave driver!

I did three miles on my walk on both Tuesday and Wednesday and am going to try today (it's snowing, but it's pretty walking in the snow, as long as it's not very windy). Wednesday night, I did my exercise routine. I'm doing OK again. My worst fault with exercise is that I do well for a month or so, then backslide for a week or two. It's not a good habit to get into.

Good work, Seiko7! I start my treadmill on about a 4 to 4.5 incline and then increase as I go. There are several "trail" challenges built into the treadmill, but I haven't had the courage to try them yet.

Dave, I wish I was as disciplined as you are.

seiko7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
did a meditation and yoga class which lasted two hours....I say forty minutes of exercise.Later did 10 km on elipical, 2 miles at 7 incline on the treadmill, and 11 km on the recumbent bike
I wish to keep posting cause this is NOT a new thing for me...its what happens daily