The Perpetual People Exercise Post

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Got my 3 miles in at lunch. Thursday night was an off night for me. (Unless you want to count vacuuming.)

I have an exercise ball and don't use it....it hurts my back for some reason. Maybe I wasn't using it properly. I also have the DVD that came with it. I'm wondering, too, if maybe the ball is too inflated as it's really hard to work with.

The really good news, though, at least for me.....I'm a binge eater and I tend to binge when DH is away. He bowled last night and I didn't eat anything. I wanted to, oh I really wanted to. And there's a ton of stuff in the cabinet and in the fridge. But I finally just gave up, went to bed, and pouted myself to sleep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning, all!

Since I haven't reported here since Thursday, here is what I have done the last handful of days:

Friday: 100 curls (with the 20 pounders), 100 push ups

Saturday: 42 minutes jogging in place with the Wii Fit. That was a personal best for me time-wise, and I am glad I was able to go that long. That loosely equates to a splash over 6 virtual miles, so I'll translate that into about three real miles. No idea for sure, but that is the lame equation I use.
I topped the day off with 100 curls and 100 push ups.

Sunday: 30 minutes on the exercise bike. Rode 8.7 miles on the most difficult setting. Did 10 minutes of planks last night. I am slowly building my plank stamina up, but those are still very difficult for me.

Monday: Today is mostly an off day for me cardio-wise, but I'll still be doing 100 curls, 100 push ups, and maybe a few minutes worth of planks. Fun fun!

Keep sweating and keep the faith!

Dave

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was hoping this post would continue.....it will keep me motivated if I have to report in.

On Friday, I did my 3-mile lunch walk and then Friday night, I did my normal Bowflex stuff in the basement, followed by my regular exercises in the bedroom. I'm only using 14-pound dumbbells.

On Saturday morning, I did a few exercises, basically just keeping limber kind of things. I walked 2 miles on the treadmill.

On Sunday, I turned into a slug.

I feel good that I was able to log in 17 miles of walking last week.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm sorta into working out, so at my health club this is my schedule:

Sun.
1 hour yoga
1 hour salsa

Mon.
either 1 hour of Zumba or 1 hour of aqua aerobics (outside pool) followed by swimming

Tues.
1 hour cardio pump
1 1/4 hours yoga

Wed.
1 1/2 hours ultimate stretch
1 hour salsa

Thurs.
1 hour core and stretch
1 1/2 hours restorative yoga

Fri.
1 hour muscle training
1 1/4 hours yoga

Sat.
1 1/2 hours yoga
1/2 hour ultimate stretch
1 1/4 hour salsa

Okay, so I don't necessarily do all the classes on a given day every week, but pretty close. I sometimes take one day off but not my salsa days.

Yeah know, I could go upstairs at the club to all the machines but I am basically a downstairs class type of person.

BTW, going to Zumba today because it is cloudy and cool here today.

I didn't make a New Year's resolution about exercise!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy today was terrible- it was my first day back at the gym since the holidays. It is crazy how a few weeks of doing nothing puts you back so much!! I could not do my 3 miles of running, I stopped at 1.5 mile feeling nausious and dizzy with pain in my stomach, the type of pain that usually happens if you run after drinking liquids but I hadn't drank anything
. I took a bit of a rest and then decided I'm not going to allow myself to be done after only 17 minutes on the treadmill
So I went on the elliptical and did another 30 minutes ..
I will be back there tomorrow, hopefully it will be a better workout day.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I did the Biggest Loser DVD 5 times now and also bought one of The Firm's DVDs and did that Sat & Sun. I still have to watch what I due as my back is still sore from falling on the ice in the driveway two weeks ago.

Eating pretty good as I lost 5 pounds in 5 days!! Of course that is weight I gained in December so it hadn't really integrated into my body yet.
Temps to warm up to low 30's this week so I might try a walk-well Friday for sure-hopefully no ice on the road. Conversely I could go snowshoeing.......

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a real light side / dark side dilemma today and I'm happy to report I went with the light side.
I finished my physical at 1 PM and I had a choice of heading home and having a nice nap or heading in to work for a few hours and going to the gym afterward. I went into work, put in a few hours, and went to the gym. My workout was:

35 minutes on the elliptical machine. I kept my heart rate in the 160 range for most of it.

3 sets of 10 on the upper and lower weight machines.

And of course the long walk to and from my car.

Tomorrow is my day off, so I'm going to be pretty lazy. I'll try to get back in the gym on Wednesday and Friday of this week.

seiko7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i wish the best to all, and those who wish to lose weight.
we all have resolutions for the new year and we will at LEAST have the tools to improve,and we can make up our minds, what works for each person.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did my three miles at lunch. Last night, I did some exercises on the Bowflex for about 45 minutes, followed by my routine with the dumbbells in the bedroom. Followed by a variety of ab crunches.

ut0pia, hope you'll be feeling better today. Hang in there; the first few days after a hiatus are the worst.

seiko7, thanks for the good wishes....we're trying!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ahh so I posted once and then not again, but will check in as Im able, as writing things down do tend to encourage me to continue!
Yesterday though, I was 2 hours late in leaving work, so I did not go to the gym as planned...I havent been into the gym since before Christmas so I know its going to hurt. That said, I did get 44 minutes of fit credits from the Wii last night, doing "aerobic" activities. I made it to 60 with various yoga poses at the end, so wasnt a total write off day.
Im hoping to be able to leave work at a decent time so I can go to the gym today...fingers crossed. Otherwise it will be another EA Active Trainer/Wii Fit Plus night for me!

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Howdy, y'all!

I was a good boy this morning and rolled out of bed at 5:35 to exercise. I jogged in front of the ol' Wii Fit for 30 minutes, logging 4.44 virtual miles. That was a personal best distance for me for 30 minutes, so that was great!

Tonight I'll do a few planks and maybe toss in a new dumbbell routine I just found.

Keep up the good work, folks!

Dave

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am slowly getting back into it. I did 2.5 miles today which took me 27 minutes at a 6% incline..I never just run at the same speed, I always do interval running and switch back and forth between 5mph and 6mph so hopefully doing that will help me improve faster. I really want to do yoga but it's too late to sign up for any classes at my school's gym
Does anyone have suggestions for videos or DVDs that I can follow on my own?? I'm a little iffy about doing that because to get the most benefit out of yoga I feel like it's necessary to have someone making sure that every pose is done correctly. I tried yoga on the wii fit but it's sooo easy to cheat
I feel like if it's that easy to cheat then it can't possibly be telling me the truth
well...I am always skeptical with yoga, I never know if I'm doing the poses correctly anyway and I keep asking people if it looks right...
I gained 5 pounds during the holidays
got on the scale Monday of this week...So I have that to take care of too. It shouldn't be too difficult now that I'm busy with life though. I had too much free time during the holidays, I had a 4 week break.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a power yoga DVD from Barnes & Noble (I think its by Gaiam). But havent "done it" yet. This is the day I went a bit lighter. My lower back has been tight since last night.
Good during the day but once I sit down-YIKES!! I'm going to ice it in a little while then soak in whirlpool bathtup before bed.

Tomorrow I go to a higher intensity workout.

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I did 100 push ups, 100 curls, and 100 crunches.

This morning I got up later than I wanted, but did 20 minutes on the bike on my most-hated difficulty level. My legs sure are feeling it now!

I am sure the weekend will hold more of the same, with some nice jogging in place added to the mix.

Keep at it!

Dave

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuesday was an "off" day, so I spent the night with my GF on the phone doing homework for my CSS class. But I did get my 3 miles in at lunch.

I did 3 miles at lunch on Wednesday and then my regular routine Wednesday night, both on the Bowflex and with the dumbbells, followed by a variety of ab crunches.

Took a sick day from work on Thursday because of a bad headache, BUT still managed to get 5.5 miles in (on the treadmill) and a variety of ab crunches (and yeah, I'm patting myself on the back for that one because I felt lousy all day
).

Will walk today (Friday) over lunch and get my exercises done tonight.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for starting a thread like this! I'll start posting here more often
I try to run 20-30 mpw but also do weights 2-3x/week and cross training.

So this morning - 40 mins of weights and core at the gym.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I did Weeks one and two of the biggest loser DVD and then a Power Yoga Flexibility DVD. This is the second day I did the Yoga one and while I am in no way flexible the moves have really eased the pain/stiffness in my lower back from when I fell on the ice over over two weeks ago.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been fairly good for the last few days.

On Wednesday I ended up not going to work (and thus the gym), but but I worked out with a couple of 20 pound dumbbells in the apartment. Maybe 45 minutes. That's not a very heavy weight for most exercises, so I just tried to do a lot of reps and get a good cardio workout.

Yesterday I did 2 miles on the treadmill in about 18:30. I say "about" because the treadmill broke when I was about 50 yards from finishing. Luckily, the gym was empty, so I hopped on the next machine over and did my cool down. After that, I worked the leg machines for a while.

This evening I did about 30 minutes on the elliptical. It's hard to say what any given amount of work on the treadmill is equivalent to, but my heart rate was up at the 95% level when I finished, so I know I got a good cardio workout in. After that, I did the upper body machines for a while before calling it a day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
On Friday, I got my 3 miles in at lunch and the Friday night, I did my usual Bowflex stuff and dumbbell exercises.

This morning, I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill while DH was running some errands. My walking total for this week is 20 miles. Due to knee injuries, I cannot run, so I like to walk when I can. I love to walk.