The Official Workout Support Thread

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today was the physical challenge - to see if I have improved -
My weight - still the same which is why I think I am gaining muscle. My legs are starting to get harder.

My heart rate - gone up to 65% after exercise

My upper body strength has improved
My lower body strength has improved
My core body strength has improved
My flexibility has improved a tiny bit.

I say this yourself fitness is so worth it! I don't skip a day - and I always feel so motivated to do it every day even though I am not in the mood to exercise every time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome Kellye, that is great great news!!!

You are doing a great job with the strength training and cardio, it is really paying off
What is this "yourself fitness" thing?

I went to Curves yetserday as much as I didn't want to. It was cold and rainy, but I used that to motivate me- thinking about how warm and toasty I'd feel in the gym
Then I treated myself to a dip in the tanning bed.
But last night I pretty much nagated everything I did at the gym yesterday; we celebrated Cinco de Mayo drinking *quite a bit* of Corona....
Needless to say, it's back to Curves today!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amy - darnit, I forgot about Cinco de Mayo! Maybe I can celebrate it a little late

Yourself Fitness is a game that has exercise. IT ROCKS! It can be "played" on the PS2 console, the Xbox, and the PC - it has all your settings saved. you can check it out at www.yourselffitness.com - you can see a sample of the exercises. Also i like that they show what exercise is coming up next.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Amy - darnit, I forgot about Cinco de Mayo! Maybe I can celebrate it a little late

Yourself Fitness is a game that has exercise. IT ROCKS! It can be "played" on the PS2 console, the Xbox, and the PC - it has all your settings saved. you can check it out at www.yourselffitness.com - you can see a sample of the exercises. Also i like that they show what exercise is coming up next.
Oh that's right! Stupid Amy
! I remember you mentioning that when you first joined the thread. My bad Kellye
It sounds like it has been a great investment for you and I am so glad it has helped you stick to a great workout recgiment

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Awesome Kellye, that is great great news!!!

You are doing a great job with the strength training and cardio, it is really paying off
What is this "yourself fitness" thing?

I went to Curves yetserday as much as I didn't want to. It was cold and rainy, but I used that to motivate me- thinking about how warm and toasty I'd feel in the gym
Then I treated myself to a dip in the tanning bed.
But last night I pretty much nagated everything I did at the gym yesterday; we celebrated Cinco de Mayo drinking *quite a bit* of Corona....
Needless to say, it's back to Curves today!
Woo Hooooooooo! Is that 3 or 4 this week so far? Amy, as far as the Corona goes, isn't it a grain, found at the bottom of the food pyramid?

I asked my BF this morning if he would mind if I worked out instead of going to the doctor's with him. He said he didn't mind. I want to work out, but I always go with him and feel kind of bad...hmmm...

I had a great workout last night. Funny thing though, my brastrap was falling down all day at work. I checked it out when I changed into my workout clothes and noticed that one of the little plastic parts that adjusts the strap was broken. Then I remembered taking it away from Tripod last night when I found him playing with it. Apparently he chewed the part off!
Anyway I worked out braless. Good thing I'm small busted.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm going to try most likely the treadmill tonite to see how my foot will fell. When I get up in the morning its a bit painfull but gets better as the day progresses. I worked outside potting up plants and weeding barefoot for about 1 1/2 hrs last night and it wasn't too bad. My eating habits went a bit downhill though!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bf and i just went food shopping, our trolley was full of of vegetables and fruit!

He says that from now on because we put on s much weight that we are going for a long walk in the morning... i dont think its going to happen, but i just scoffed down the mango that he didnt like, and he ate lots of raspberries..
I have all of these veggies in the fridge it feels like im going vegetarian!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran, that is excellent that you are buying so many healthy fruits and veggies. Don't neglect your calcium intake, though. Cheese slices make great snacks.
Gail, take it easy on the treadmill, but I'm glad the foot is starting to get better
You'll look like this in no time:

Renee:Today will be my 4th Curves workout for the week. WOO HOO! Tripod is such a little hellian!!!!! Cosette is fascinated with bras, too. I tend to just hang them from the doorknobs after I take them off and she plays with them all night. I may have to keep them away from her after hearing your story, though- she'll probably be gnawing on them soon enough.
LOL about Corona being a grain.....in that case:

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take calcium tablets like once a week lol!
and ive had my cheese intake today.

Ive used my stepper and stretched my legs so i feel really good
i wish this a$$hole downstairs doesnt complain so much when i use my stepper

now im just going to make some tiny bit of gyros and then head to bed im so tired and i feel so sick

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Gail, take it easy on the treadmill, but I'm glad the foot is starting to get better
You'll look like this in no time:
Yeah a head and feet no body

I would think it would be prefectly acceptable to count Corona as part of the liquid one needs daily!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy moly you guys have been busy little bees in the few days I was gone! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well in their workouts!!

I haven't worked out in about a week now! Pretty much all I've done is the large amounts of walking up and down hill in Asheville over the last few days and the hour or two of walking through the gardens at the Biltmore. I guess that counts for something but I'm dying to get back into the habit. It'll be Monday before I can get to the gym though. Plus, when we were in Asheville, we were eating out for almost every meal and enjoying plenty of fatty foods!

I guess now that the fun is over it's time to get back to the old workout grind!
Though it sounds better to me to just drive back up to that bed and breakfast and pretend like I don't have to go back to real life for a while!!!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katherine, sounds like you had a great time! Welcome back!

I recently joined this thread because I have about 20 pounds to lose, and am looking forward to your pep talks, along with Amy's and all the other girls here who have been really supportive!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Katherine, sounds like you had a great time! Welcome back!

I recently joined this thread because I have about 20 pounds to lose, and am looking forward to your pep talks, along with Amy's and all the other girls here who have been really supportive!
Thanks for the welcome back Jenn!!

I'm so glad you've joined this thread! The more people here to encourage each other, the better. Good luck on that 20, I know you'll be able to do it! I hope your weekend is wonderful.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time to :bump: this thread up!
Anyone working out on this glorious Monday? I won't get to today-working until 1900 (7pm
) but I plan on going Tues-Fri if I get this bug outta my system.
How's everyone else doing?

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a class so I can't. Yesterday I couldn't do my walk due to heavy rain out here, but I did do the nordic track.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my its so beautiful today!

I did lower body workout, I hate lower body workouts because I am unable to walk afterwards

How did you do Amy?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I did lower body workout, I hate lower body workouts because I am unable to walk afterwards
The burn means it's working (I think I heard that on The Simpsons one time
)

Good job with the workout Kellye

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to get a workout in today, but I got back to my apartment from my parents last night at about midnight after probably the worst drive I have ever had to make in my life, so I think I'm just going to relax for today. I've unpacked all of my stuff, displayed my brand new funky lamp Brendan bought me in downtown Asheville, and started on some laundry. I think the biggest thing I'll do all day is go grocery shopping, and I'm attempting to convince myself that that's ok. Probably not tomorrow, but hopefully on Wednesday I'm going to be getting back into the swing of things, and then next Monday is when I start teaching my summer schedule of classes!

Kellye, you mentioning how beautiful it is there today has made me long to be back there!!! I didn't want to leave on Friday we had such a good time. Enjoy your beautiful day and surroundings!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well actually while reading this post I realized that my toe doesn't feel so bad. Weight is actually good- down 1/2 #. Drinking wine tonite-perhaps I can contemplate a workout finally tomorrow. BTW the skirt I wore today did fit better than I thought it would.