The Official Workout Support Thread

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Woo hoo, yay Kelly!
Let us know how it went.
I surprised myself today y'all. I left work early b/c Cosette had to go to the vet today to have her sutures removed and get her next shot. Well, I was back home by 3:30, so I used the time to go work out at Curves and then do my abs hard-core. WOO HOO! Motivation can be really difficult for me if I have to leave the house to work out (it's much easier when I go straight from work), so I was kinda proud of myself. Daaaaaang I feel good!

How's everyone else's day going? Katherine, I'll miss you on here this week!
Aww I'll miss you too Amy! Luckily Brendan and I will be walking almost everywhere in Asheville or else I'd be getting no exercise for over a week!! Keep up the good work while I'm gone guys. In fact, get in an extra tough workout to make up for my lack of them this week!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beryl, how are you feeling today?
Definitely do not push yourself to work out today if you are sick! Drink lots of fluids and REST!!!!!

Kelly, 3.5 mi is an awesome run. It's a good thing Shy has already married you so he doesn't have to worry about you catching a bus to Las Vegas every time you go out for a run!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo Hooooooooooo! Go Amy!
Glad you had a good workout.

I got measured & weighed yesterday. The last time was waaaay before I quit going to Curves and then came back...Dec 2003! Well, I gained 3 pounds
, BUT lost an inch in my abs and gained one back in my bust!
YAY! Everything else was about the same.

Total losses at my Curves in the month of May are 198 pounds and 293 inches!!!

I plan on going tonight. We are supossed to find out about being an elite member. Amy, are they doing that at your Curves? It has my curiosity up, but they wouldn't tell us what it is until today.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go Renee, losing an inch of abs! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
It is quite possible that you gained 3 pounds of muscle (it weighs more fat than me). You'll know if you gained muscle if you noticed a dip in your % body fat. Your Curves lost a lot of weight last month!!!

I don't know anything about elite members
...I just know you get a Curves Divas shirt if you work out something like 150 times. What do you know about elite members? I don't think I've been going long enough to qualify for anything.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Way to go Renee, losing an inch of abs! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!
It is quite possible that you gained 3 pounds of muscle (it weighs more fat than me). You'll know if you gained muscle if you noticed a dip in your % body fat. Your Curves lost a lot of weight last month!!!

I don't know anything about elite members
...I just know you get a Curves Divas shirt if you work out something like 150 times. What do you know about elite members? I don't think I've been going long enough to qualify for anything.
We don't have the Divas program.
I'll let you know about the elite thing as soon as I find out.
My body fat % did go down a little, so you might be right about the muscle. If I would diet, this whole process would work better, but I like to cook too much. Oh yeah... and then theres the popcorn factor.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone work out today? I didn't get the chance- I had to rush home and get a shower b/c Bradley's little niece (she's 1 1/2) is in the hospital with some roto virus (she should be getting out tomorrow) and we were going to leave from my apt. at 5:30 to go to the hospital. Well, Bradley got caught up at work, so I rushed home and missed the workout for nothing
Argh. I WILL get to Curves Weds-Fri!!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Amy, I hope Bradley's neice is okay!

I did a 45 minute cardio workout, thought I was gonna die
But but but - I put on my jeans this evening and they are sooo loose around the waist! I guess I am gaining muscle and losing fat too!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kellye, that is so awesome. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome news!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been counting calories (1200-1400/day) and fat grams, walking every day an hour, and doing strength training 3x/week and only lost 1 pound last week.
Though I do admit I have one cheat day a week.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I hope Bradley's neice feels better! Being in the hospital is never fun.

Jenn, you may be building muscle and losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so don't get disheartenend!!!!

Amy-don't feel bad about missing a workout!! You've been working out faithfully and we know how motivated you are!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the encouragement Kel

Jenn, she is very right about gaining muscle. It's also important to note to everyone that our bodies have a "set point", the point that it is almost impossible to get past without starvation and 5 hours of exercise/7 days a week. NO ONE wants to do that! For me, my set point is about 115 lbs. Whenever I get close to that point, I stop losing weight (no matter how hard I work out), but tend to gain a lot of muscle. I've come to accept that I'll never be a size 2.
Also, when losing weight, remember that a lot of weight will usually drop off at first. Most of it is water weight. But, after you've lost a lot of weight, the rest of the weight becomes harder and harder to lose. That's why it's so difficult to lose "those last 10 pounds." Be persistent yet patient and know that what you are doing for your body and health, no matter how much weight you're losing currently, is definitely worth the sweat and discipline!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good point Amy!

I did 45 mins of upper body workout and my muscles are shaking. Whats up with that? Then walked 40 mins and I can feel the blood moving in my legs - I love that feeling!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to frankfurt yesterday and i got weird looks from the people who knew me. They were asking how come id put on so much weight... I just didnt answer and went back home!

I was thinking of telling them some Bs like im pregnant but i ddidnt want to lie about something serious!

So today ive started a new diet

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I went to frankfurt yesterday and i got weird looks from the people who knew me. They were asking how come id put on so much weight... I just didnt answer and went back home!

I was thinking of telling them some Bs like im pregnant but i ddidnt want to lie about something serious!

So today ive started a new diet
I think thats rude to ask such a question!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kelly and Amy!
I appreciate the support. I am only 19 pounds from my goal weight so I know it will be more difficult to lose, but it sure was easy to put on!
I won't give up, but I am surprised more didn't come off in the first week.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

I think thats rude to ask such a question!
well i know that i have put on weight since i moved away from home.
But i dont know why i have so quickly.
SO i just didnt know how to answer the question

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

well i know that i have put on weight since i moved away from home.
But i dont know why i have so quickly.
SO i just didnt know how to answer the question
How about "Sure I have. By the way is that a new skin condition you have?" "Are you going bald?" "Gee, I never realized your nose was so big."
Just kidding...kinda...

Really, I know a lot of guys that tell each other they are fat. They even slap each others bellies and say "Hey your beer gut is comming along great!" I just don't see us ladies doing that to each other. I even get offended if someone says "Are you going to eat ALL THAT?" I'm probably just sensitive.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Anyone work out today? I didn't get the chance- I had to rush home and get a shower b/c Bradley's little niece (she's 1 1/2) is in the hospital with some roto virus (she should be getting out tomorrow) and we were going to leave from my apt. at 5:30 to go to the hospital. Well, Bradley got caught up at work, so I rushed home and missed the workout for nothing
Argh. I WILL get to Curves Weds-Fri!!!
Amy, please keep us updated on Bradley's niece. Poor thing, so little to be sick. I'm sending prayers.

You'll catch up on the workouts and soon, you will be a Curves Diva! I went last night and found out about "Curves Elite." You have to workout 15 times in one month and then you get a Curves license plate frame. Including those 15 workouts when you get to 50 you get a tote bag; when you reach 100 you get a black "Curves Elite" tee shirt. Whoo Hoo! My neighbor is a truck driver. I think when I get the license plate frame I'll put it on his truck.

Here's what happened though. When we sign in we use a little key chain card. Some woman was at the desk and didn't move over, so I just slid my card to the scanner, but never looked at the screen. Thats where we are supossed to sign up, so my workout yesterday didn't count towards the elite thing. I forgot to bring my workout clothes today,
so I'll need to go home first. I already need to drop my car off to get serviced after work (whole nother story) and get a loaner and possibly stop and get my new glasses (if they're ready). I hope I have time for everything. I really need to get these in if May is going to count for me because we are going away to visit my little brother this weekend so I can't work out Saturday PLUS I need to go to the laundrymat after work before then and there isn't time to do that and work out because the only clean & safe laundrymat around is only open until 6:30. I can BARELY get my clothes done by then. AND my BF has a doctor appointment after work on Friday and I always go with him. Well...I may need to play catch up later on.