The Official Workout Support Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man Renee, that is SO frustrating about the key tag. I had the same thing happen to me last month
That license plate holder is a great incentive to work out, though; Curves does offer some great incentives!
BTW, that is really sweet that you go to your BF's appts with him

Fran, those were some REALLY rude people saying things about your weight. I would have had to put the smack down on some folks!
<--- They would have looked like THAT when I was through with them!
What kind of diet are you starting? Beware of Atkins- as soon as you go off of it, the weight comes right back on. I know a lot of people who have been successful on the South Beat Diet though. Are you still using your stepper?
Kelly- wow, 85 minutes of exercise in one day. GO YOU!!!!

Update on Bradley's niece: she is doing MUCH better! We went to the hospital around 7 last night. When we got there, she had JUST woken up and started playing and sipping on Sprite (the first time she felt good enough to do any of that all day). Her fever had gone down to about 99 degrees and she was all giggly and talkative (well, baby talk) and wanted to play peek-a-boo with Aunt Amy. It was really good to see that sweet girl doing better. She should be leaving the hospital this evening!

Gonna go to Curves after work, even though I feel tired as crap. Hopefully a workout will wake me up a bit!
Keep up the great work everyone!
Beryl and Beth- I miss hearing from you two!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes i used my stepper for 12 mins before i used the toilet so ive had a drink and let my legs settle, so im going to do another 10 mins.

I will go back to my old diet that i used to do
Eat a toasted cheese sandwhich for breakfast with a cup of tea
have a banana with a handfull of stick chips for 4 pm snack
then what ever for dinner.

We are joining to a fitness studio next month but ben will join first and then i will join in july because i will be away in june.

I dont know what diet plan i should follow, do you have any links?

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I went to frankfurt yesterday and i got weird looks from the people who knew me. They were asking how come id put on so much weight... I just didnt answer and went back home!

I was thinking of telling them some Bs like im pregnant but i ddidnt want to lie about something serious!

So today ive started a new diet
How rude!!! I'm sorry some jerk said that to you. I hope they get huge and fat so you can give THEM weird looks next time you see them

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's crunch time, hot weather and bikinis await!!! I'm going to start 6 days a week now but I'm gonna stop at 3.5miles/day. I'm gonna NEED this motivation now, especially since all my free time is about to disappear.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

It's crunch time, hot weather and bikinis await!!! I'm going to start 6 days a week now but I'm gonna stop at 3.5miles/day. I'm gonna NEED this motivation now, especially since all my free time is about to disappear.
wait i have to ask you a question? how come you have so much free time??
and where do you work?

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

wait i have to ask you a question? how come you have so much free time??
and where do you work?
I have free time because I don't have a job right now LOL!! I moved here from a different state so I had to quit my job when I left Virginia. I haven't found a good job in Tennessee yet but I have an interview this week!! I'm also applying to a massage therapy school!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have free time because I don't have a job right now LOL!! I moved here from a different state so I had to quit my job when I left Virginia. I haven't found a good job in Tennessee yet but I have an interview this week!! I'm also applying to a massage therapy school!!
OOoO! wel then once youve done your course im coming right over!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She wore and itsy-bitsy teeny-weenie yellow polka dot bikini. That she wore for the first time today

Repeat that in your head over and over again when you don't feel like working out. That's my trick!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy, glad to hear Bradley's niece is doing better.

Fran, tell whoever said that to you to go chomp on, well, whatever.

Kelly, good luck with the interview!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still resting my foot. I ate too much yesterday too. But I going to try some gardening for a good hr tonite. Putting more weight on foot, but I think if I to treadmill it will hurt so I'm waiting until Friday.

Fwan-just ignore those rude people.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, bf and i were just examining each other
and we both looked at each other and we burst out laughing coz we had put on so much weight hahaha wel me more than him.
SO its time to lose it. Starting from tomorrow its diet time.
No more oily foods or take away.

But i need some diet information and a good one to follow.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gail is definitely a great source for nutrition info, Fran. The one thing I do know is that, if you want to lose weight, it is very important to cut out things like candy, fatty chips, french fries, etc.- but don't go overboard. Allow yourself a little treat once in a while (maybe a bowl of ice cream once a week). If you cut out all fun stuff 100%, you'll be more likely to gorge on the fatty stuff in revolt!
Gail, I'm glad you're still resting the foot. How are the toes looking now?
Been having a war inside my head all day on whether or not to go to Curves after work. This thread won out and I'm already in my workout clothes
So if I go tomorrow as well (which I LOVE to go on Fridays), that'll be 4 workouts this week!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay. I'm bad. I haven't been to the gym in 'awhile'. But I've been doing some crunchies on my ball... and I really haven't been eating anything too bad.... except those dark chocolate peanut M&Ms... Mmmmmmmm

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Gail is definitely a great source for nutrition info, Fran. The one thing I do know is that, if you want to lose weight, it is very important to cut out things like candy, fatty chips, french fries, etc.- but don't go overboard. Allow yourself a little treat once in a while (maybe a bowl of ice cream once a week). If you cut out all fun stuff 100%, you'll be more likely to gorge on the fatty stuff in revolt!
Gail, I'm glad you're still resting the foot. How are the toes looking now?
Been having a war inside my head all day on whether or not to go to Curves after work. This thread won out and I'm already in my workout clothes
So if I go tomorrow as well (which I LOVE to go on Fridays), that'll be 4 workouts this week!
I agree on treats here and there to sort of con yourself into not feeling deprived. I do that, I find things like frozen soy
ice and fruit makes me feel i have had a great dessert etc.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

I agree on treats here and there to sort of con yourself into not feeling deprived. I do that, I find things like frozen soy
ice and fruit makes me feel i have had a great dessert etc.
Yeah there are some great fruit pops that you can buy that only have something like 50 calories and are DELISH!
Another good and healthy snack are strawberries- they are good and GOOD FOR YOU!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

Okay. I'm bad. I haven't been to the gym in 'awhile'. But I've been doing some crunchies on my ball... and I really haven't been eating anything too bad.... except those dark chocolate peanut M&Ms... Mmmmmmmm
I've heard those exercise balls can be very effective....how about taking walks, doing jumping jacks or jumping rope (follow the sheep:
), stuff like that? Or maybe even getting a workout video?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did 45 mins core today - with 40 mins walking followed by a long hot bath

That link wouldnt open for me Gail. I dont know if its my internet or not. Grrr. I am a little worried about my friends son, he is sick - throwing up so hard that it is causing spots to appear on his face.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave the incorrect web address. I went in and was reading in the site and actually its a bogus/sarcastic website. The correct one is www.mypyramid.gov. Oops the joke is on me!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that I can see it, I just did my pyramid thing and it is so much better, especially as it follows what you need! Thanks Gail!