The Official Workout Support Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your goal Erin? Do you want to lose weight? Tone up? Become more flexible? Or all of thee above?

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

What is your goal Erin? Do you want to lose weight? Tone up? Become more flexible? Or all of thee above?
I HAVE to lose weight.
I am 60lb over weight
and have a bad back. I know the weight is making it worse!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work out at Curves and, in the middle of the gym, they have this display set up on a table. I swear, if THIS will not motivate you, I don't know what will:
This is what a pound of fat looks like:

This is what a pound of muscle looks like:

There's a significant difference there, huh?

Also, what exercise would you like to do? Aerobics? Talking long walks? Cycling? Swimming? The key is to change it up and find things that are ENJOYABLE to you so it seems like less of a workout and more like fun!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On a Weight Watcher board I frequent, there's a 5 lb sample of fat, it's so gross.

Please consider not only excersizing, but also diet modification- I've already lost 23 lbs (I suspect I've gained more in muscle than I have lost in fat) with diet modification and excersize, and the benefits of walking, even, 1-2 miles a day are amazing.

Also consider light weight training, especially in both your back and stomach .. (but I do mean light) low intensity-high repitition weight excersize will help your back become stronger, and help you build muscles that eat your fat like crazy.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all. I thought I'd revive the post!
I've decided to get back in the swing of things.... I'm starting a little blog to help me track my progress. Its here: http://aliweightloss.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to comment and maybe even start one so we can compare activities and help each other with new ideas!!!