The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its supposed to be a public ablum I don't know why it wouldn't work

Good luck with your wedding! Its really stressful to plan but make sure you enjoy the day and eat. I was so busy talking to people (and having fun!) that I didn't have any of the food or try the chocolate fountain.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok hope this works!

Ben wanted me to add that he "Does not usually look like such a dork" and that he is "losing weight after having gained a lot in his final year of university".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are beautiful pictures Maria!
What was the highlight of the day for you? What is the best advice you can offer us brides-to-be?

PS- My countdown is 12 days now

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

I bet you are getting excited Amy!!! are you all ready?

My countdown is 5 days now...it's coming so fast!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tracy- I cannot imagine how stressed and EXCITED you must be right now! How are you feeling? Do you have all week off or are you working before the big day? I'm so excited for you and Jeff
. It's going to be a beautiful day for you two!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Tracy- I cannot imagine how stressed and EXCITED you must be right now! How are you feeling? Do you have all week off or are you working before the big day? I'm so excited for you and Jeff
. It's going to be a beautiful day for you two!
Hey Amy!!

Actually I'm not too stressed about the whole thing. My attitude is....it won't all be perfect but it will still be a great day.

I've been having alot of other thing occupying my mind right now anyways. This new kitten is keeping me very busy, and I should be finding out today if I have a new job.

I'm very lucky though, and I have the whole week off

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I love driving out to the Olympic Peninsula...what a lovely place to do your wedding!
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Your venue sounds beautiful!!, it will make for some wonderful pictures
Thank you!

I received the proposal for the venue on Friday. It was aweful!!
There were only a couple of prices given -- for the two reception rooms -- and she had told me everything was negotiable. *sigh*

I have written her a very long email asking the ballpark prices of things so that I have an idea where I'm going. I know I'm supposed to negotiate, but don't I need somewhere to start?

(BTW, does anyone have any good tips/stories about negotiating for their services? I'd really appreciate it!
)

Maria, you make a beautiful bride!!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Those are beautiful pictures Maria!
What was the highlight of the day for you? What is the best advice you can offer us brides-to-be?

My advice would be to calm down and take things in as much as you can. My wedding day was such a blur as I was so busy doing stuff that I had no time to eat (I missed the chocolate fountain!) or take in my surroundings. Looking through some pictures on a friends camra I was struck by how pretty the marquee looked and that I was very impressed with the flower arrangments. I didn't notice any of these things. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it (I had a great time) but I was so busy socializing that I forgot to take things in. I guess thats what the photographer and videographer were for!

Congrats to both of you and Miss Mew I am in love with Sydney!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much Kaleetha! My Mom did the haggling as she is an Arab which seems genetically ingrained talent (or annoyance depending on your perspective) in most people raised in certain parts of the Middle East.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, another one (Tracy) bites the dust, hehe. I'm next- the wedding is just FOUR DAYS AWAY! Ahhh!
We got our programs and welcome baskets for the out-of-town guests done. Since everyone is staying on the beach, we used beach pails for the baskets and put maps and fish-shaped cookie cutters and Tybee Island coozies and will be putting special-made iced cookies and some candles inside. I think the welcome baskets will be a hit!

Who else has a wedding coming up soon? How are everyone's plans coming along?

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gosh, the server threw me out while I was away for a moment!

WEll, anyway I'm getting married sooon!
Actually me and my fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] have been talking about this for a long time and how we mean it, but this sunday morning, we suddenly got serious, telling family and friends about it and we want to get married - on a legal basis - before the end of the year; hopefully that works out

The only two issues we have is 1) our local town house is a rundown mess and we need to find another place nearby (thank God the law permits that!!), but finding pictures of possible candidates is not exactly easy, even with google everywhere
Well, and
2) we want to have our closes families and friends with us - the big party will take place sometime later, so really just the hard core
- and since there are a dozen people, we have no idea how to celebrate a bit (or at least lunch with them) without paying a huge bill; don't want them to bring their own stuff, our wedding part 1 is supposed to have a bit of style

So we have to do some thinking about that...

Apart from that, I'm super happy and absolutely delighted!!!!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could go to a local restaurant, sometimes they make really great deals for weddings. just tell them the estimate number of people that will be there and gather a menu!

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the idea, we're thinking about a nice place to go and one that isn't pricey but has good quality. One of the places we're considering has fantastic flair and style, but they allow no other catering except for their own and you almost must order their whole (very expensive) package even if you just want to sign the papers and rush out again
Our fave restaurants nearby are fine for a couple or 3-4 people, but beyond ten, they want a small fortune from you

Thank God there is some time left before the big day - we haven't fixed a date yet
- and we can brainstorm a bit

Btw, I love your signature, sometimes I just want to say that to certain people!!!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about 5 girls in my classes have gotten engaged in the past week!!!
So I think that makes the total "to be wed" people in the Education Department alone to about 15 or 20. It's nuts. We all get together and talk about wedding stuff before class starts and sometimes during class.
It's not that bad because some professors join it. It's really cute. Jon andI have less then 9 months until our big day... I can't wait!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Well, I'm now married. Looks like this thread died.
CONGRATULATONS NEWLYWED!!
I want details!