The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I found this website:
http://www.candyfavorites.com/Cold-S...s-pr-3436.html

and for 10lbs of the ice cream ones is $68 with free shipping, not so bad?
I don't know how many we need, thats the hard part! Just an FYI, sometimes if you need candy shipped in the warmer months, they charge $10-$20 extra for shipping
So I'm looking now so I can save on shipping!

If anyone out there knows of a good candy website, please let me know!

Walmart has great little clear bags for cheap, & they come with ties. I want something simple the guests won't have a problem getting full & tied. I love the idea of the little boxes, but I don't want a ton of them sitting out to be filled by guests, or having them have issues closing them properly, and having millions of jelly beans scattered on the floor

What kind of candy are you looking at having? Is anyone else having a candy/treat buffet instead of individual favors at the reception seatings?
I found this website off one of the wedding forums I read.

http://www.candywarehouse.com

The price of the ice cream ones looks almost the same as the link you posted.

I don't know what we're going to do yet. Probably gummy bears, other gummy things, M&Ms, jelly bellys, and some chocolate things. Maybe some rock candy or candy sticks.

Good point about the boxes not closing properly. I'll have to keep that in mind when figuring out what I want to use for our candy.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm getting married in 6 months as well and i can't wait since we will be engaged 2 years this Valentine's day!

Even though my dress still isn't in (and i ordered it last June!!) I have compelted my outfit. My fiance gave me the jewerly for Christmas (I JOKENLY told him he should get me a diamond necklace for Christmas to go with my dress and he ACUTALLY did it and got me the matching diamond bracelet) and just the other day I picked out my shoes and they are awesome. My mom is a little horrified but eh its my wedding and my whole party supports me.
(mom thinks I shoudl wear heels and i said NO WAY)

We booked the hall in 2007 so we are good there. We got our DJ, photographer. And I have places picked out for flowers and limos.

In addition I have picked out my favors and talked to both the priest and the rabbi. Right now I am working on finding invitations (since the place i wanted to use closed) and our gift registery.

AND my twin brother is making my wedding bands

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

just the other day I picked out my shoes and they are awesome. My mom is a little horrified but eh its my wedding and my whole party supports me.
(mom thinks I shoudl wear heels and i said NO WAY)
so, what kind of shoes are you wearing?
a friend of mine had lace & pearl encrusted tennis shoes that another friend made for her.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

a friend of mine had lace & pearl encrusted tennis shoes that another friend made for her.
Wearing heels with a long dress for hours on end is crazy! Who can see your feet anyway? When I got married, I bought white satin ballet slippers, and my feet were so comfy - I danced the night away!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

I'm wearing white and blue pumas! and my mother is horrified
She was like ummm...don't youwant to get ballet flats instead? and I told her nope. I want to be comfortable. She suggested nice flats and I responded...welll i have a choice wear the comfy white pumas (a type of sneaker) OR wear my knee brace....

She then suggested getting a "nice" pair of shoes for the church and keepign the sneakers for the reception. Ok I play at the church and I ALWAYS wear sneakers...no one has complained. esp. since EVERYONE knows that I wear these nice sneakers because of orthopedic problems. In fact the one time i showed up at a service in dress shoes the organist YELLED at me for not wearing my comfortable shoes. IN FACT she even complained to my mom about it!!! (apparently she told my mom that I looked like I was in a lot of pain and was worried if I would get through the service or not)

Plus I told mom....no one is going to SEEE my shoes under my dress and since we're having a short ceremony I don't see the point in having the dress fitted for a pair of shoes I'm only going to wear for 20 minutes at the church. I would rather have the dress fitted for the shoes that I will be wearing the whole day.

Ahhh my whole wedding is turning into a battle with my mother....I have horrified her on many many points now.
(she's super traditional and I am not at all) Her usual response to me is "your kidding right?"

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehehe, i originally bought my wedding shoes a year before we got married they were 10 cm high with diamonities on the heel and they were satin white.
I didnt even think of the location we were getting married at! The day drew closer we found a spot in the bush by a water fall, no way would i ever been able to walk down to the falls in my heels i would have been stuck in mud and sunk in it!
I bought silver thongs with a little heel on them just before the wedding and nobody noticed!

Enjoy your wedding day girls!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually thinking of creating my own Converse shoes for the wedding (as long as I have a dress that covers my feet.) You can choose the colors you want, and even have writing on it. That way I can have our wedding colors on the shoes. I told my mom and she said No, you want to get nice shoes. But what does it matter, as long as I have a dress that covers my feet, who's going to see them?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I was actually thinking of creating my own Converse shoes for the wedding (as long as I have a dress that covers my feet.) You can choose the colors you want, and even have writing on it. That way I can have our wedding colors on the shoes. I told my mom and she said No, you want to get nice shoes. But what does it matter, as long as I have a dress that covers my feet, who's going to see them?
exactly! if i ever get married [beginning to wonder if it'll ever happen
] i'm either wearing Crocs or some type of athletic shoe. they make white Crocs, after all...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Wearing heels with a long dress for hours on end is crazy! Who can see your feet anyway? When I got married, I bought white satin ballet slippers, and my feet were so comfy - I danced the night away!
I'm definately not wearing heels! I'm on the lookout for white satin ballet slippers that are comfy. I'm not going to have sore legs/feet all day, no way!