The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We changed the date to the 23rd of Oct next year as FH wanted to get married on a Friday and the fact he is so obsessed with the number 23! I've booked my make up artist, i have my trial with her in October.

Not booked anywhere else yet, because we are still trying to figure out where to have it and what to do!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Kenz you look far prettier in your dress from the picture you sent me
For sure!

I didn't realize your dress was a Maggie Sottero Kenz
I was a Maggie bride too

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

For sure!

I didn't realize your dress was a Maggie Sottero Kenz
I was a Maggie bride too
Really? Your dress was so gorgeous, I didn't realize it was a Maggie dress either! I adore her collection!

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Kenz you look far prettier in your dress from the picture you sent me
Thank you Susan!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, you can add me to the list.
We are getting married on June 13.
I have a little chapel/ garden lined up for the wedding and we are just going to have the reception at the house. I have ordered my dress, it should be arriving this week. We are going with a western theme seeing as we are horse people.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

Well, you can add me to the list.
We are getting married on June 13.
I have a little chapel/ garden lined up for the wedding and we are just going to have the reception at the house. I have ordered my dress, it should be arriving this week. We are going with a western theme seeing as we are horse people.
Congrats hon!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for another update from all you ladies!

We changed our photographer, the one that we had we just weren't happy with so thankfully we didn't sign a contract yet- so I changed to another one that is $800 cheaper & does great work

I've got my flower girl, junior bridesmaid, junior groomsmen & ushers all asked
We've also started our marriage prep classes at a local church and they are great!
All we need yet is a DJ, hopefully that will be taken care of this week!
I've been looking at invitations as well, those are so fun

We also need to figure out what we're serving at the reception, I need to call the catering service to get a menu this week

How are all you doing?

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have down-graded to a small wedding. Family and our very best friends only. It will be in a small town gazebo and we will be renting a tent and having a small reception/party at our new house in our fenced in backyard
I am so excited! We went from a HUGE affair to eloping to having it this way! With the house and us being practically married already, we can't afford to have a huge wedding.

I can't wait to hear more Kenz! It's getting close! Only one week after me and Travis get married
I can't believe it's only 9 months away!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

We have down-graded to a small wedding. Family and our very best friends only. It will be in a small town gazebo and we will be renting a tent and having a small reception/party at our new house in our fenced in backyard
I am so excited! We went from a HUGE affair to eloping to having it this way! With the house and us being practically married already, we can't afford to have a huge wedding.

I can't wait to hear more Kenz! It's getting close! Only one week after me and Travis get married
I can't believe it's only 9 months away!
Don't remind me!
Your wedding will be SO pretty, Courtney! Have you ordered your dress yet? Are you having any bridesmaids? Can I come?

We've got everything (
) but the flowers done!

I've narrowed down what invitations I want to use, and we don't have to order those until waaaaay far in the future, as they only take 1 week to arrive

I've been thinking about guest favors as well and pretty much have my mind made up with them... what else is there
My mind is going crazy!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Don't remind me!
Your wedding will be SO pretty, Courtney! Have you ordered your dress yet? Are you having any bridesmaids? Can I come?

We've got everything (
) but the flowers done!

I've narrowed down what invitations I want to use, and we don't have to order those until waaaaay far in the future, as they only take 1 week to arrive

I've been thinking about guest favors as well and pretty much have my mind made up with them... what else is there
My mind is going crazy!
It IS overwhelming! That's why I'm glad we have a house now! I was getting overwhelmed.

I haven't ordered my dress but that is my only big purchase for this wedding so it will be soon! Just my sister and his brother will be standing up with us. We have a party of 6 but now that it's smaller we decided just our siblings.

You are so close to being done! How exciting! What kind of flowers are you looking for?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

It IS overwhelming! That's why I'm glad we have a house now! I was getting overwhelmed.

I haven't ordered my dress but that is my only big purchase for this wedding so it will be soon! Just my sister and his brother will be standing up with us. We have a party of 6 but now that it's smaller we decided just our siblings.

You are so close to being done! How exciting! What kind of flowers are you looking for?
Thats great
It will be so beautiful!

No one other updates from anyone else?

I'm not sure about flowers yet
I'm waiting on that for awhile!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Figured I'd revive this thread. We've got our date set and our venue for the ceremony and reception set!
We have to go down to the venue next weekend (pray it doesnt snow!) and sign the contract and put down the deposit. My parents are coming up from Massachusetts, and my best friend who's going to be my MOH is coming down from Vermont. The place is the Castleton Banquet and Conference Center in Windham, NH. And our date is June 5, 2010!
I love this place. It's overlooking a lake and there's a white gazebo and little white bridge that would be gorgeous for pictures! I just hope it doesn't rain on the wedding day!

I've also narrowed it down to 2 photographers that I love. I looked at their pictures last night online, and they're gorgeous. We'll keep looking at ideas for now, but no serious planning for a few month. Probably going in June or July to start looking at dresses! I can't wait for that. I have a designer that I love (Maggie Sottero) and I can't wait to go try on the dresses with my mom and my friends there!

That's about it. Any other wedding plans that are coming along?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wedding is all coming together and its getting so real. Last week we picked out the tuxes, bottled our wine, picked out and started paying for both of our wedding bands, ordered our invitations, got the ring bearer pillow and got the flower girl dresses.

Basically all I have left to do is get my dress altered, figure out what we want to do for favours and order them, the guys have to get fitted for their tuxedos, figure out transportation for the wedding day and then meet with the hall and the dj to finalize plans.

Tomorrow makes 6 months until my wedding day.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

My wedding is all coming together and its getting so real. Last week we picked out the tuxes, bottled our wine, picked out and started paying for both of our wedding bands, ordered our invitations, got the ring bearer pillow and got the flower girl dresses.

Basically all I have left to do is get my dress altered, figure out what we want to do for favours and order them, the guys have to get fitted for their tuxedos, figure out transportation for the wedding day and then meet with the hall and the dj to finalize plans.

Tomorrow makes 6 months until my wedding day.
That's awesome! I have a bunch of ideas that I've saved onto my laptop for things that I want, such as ring bearer's pillow, wedding dress, favor ideas, etc. Just gotta wait a little bit until we can really get into the planning!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wedding dress came in back in November and I FINALLY got to the store to try it on
I felt like a princess! I almost cried when I saw it
Everything fit perfectly, which made me excited since there won't be many adjustments except bringing it up a little bit on the bottom
So I made my first fitting appiontment for April 18th, so now I need to find my shoes & jewelery and I'm set for my dress

We go to pick out flowers next month, and meet with our preist for our marital counseling on Thursday
We're getting our wedding rings this week too, I can't wait!

We're doing a Jelly Belly candy buffet for our favors at the reception for the guests, so I'm on a hunt to find a load of them to buy
We're going to have different kinds in different glass containers with scoops, and little bags for our guests to fill and take home. My friend did an all white candy buffet at her wedding & it was a huge hit!

Things are coming along wonderfully, I'm so excited
Today is exactly 6 months til the wedding date!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
congratz to all of you!!!!!!

im not engaged yet, bf promises we will be by may 22nd our 4yr anny, and he knows my dream is to get married on halloween, and this year it falls on a saturday so i really hope we can pull it off, we are going to request everyone comes dressed in costume, it would be a blast!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We're doing a Jelly Belly candy buffet for our favors at the reception for the guests, so I'm on a hunt to find a load of them to buy
We're going to have different kinds in different glass containers with scoops, and little bags for our guests to fill and take home. My friend did an all white candy buffet at her wedding & it was a huge hit!
That's sounds so cool! We're doing a candy buffet for our favors as well, but it's going to be all kinds of candy. We might end up doing a candy buffet based on our colors, but we haven't figured that out yet.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

That's sounds so cool! We're doing a candy buffet for our favors as well, but it's going to be all kinds of candy. We might end up doing a candy buffet based on our colors, but we haven't figured that out yet.
I just love the idea of candy buffets, I think the kids there will enjoy it too

I was at Coldstone Creamery yesterday and they had Ice Cream Parlor Jelly Belly's!
I think those would be really fun to have, especially at a summer wedding

I'm trying to figure out a fun combo ... I definately want to try the Ice Cream ones to see how they are, maybe a few containers of those, the regular ones & the sour ones? That way people can get their favorites. We'll see

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just love the idea of candy buffets, I think the kids there will enjoy it too

I was at Coldstone Creamery yesterday and they had Ice Cream Parlor Jelly Belly's!
I think those would be really fun to have, especially at a summer wedding

I'm trying to figure out a fun combo ... I definately want to try the Ice Cream ones to see how they are, maybe a few containers of those, the regular ones & the sour ones? That way people can get their favorites. We'll see
Yeah I love the idea of candy buffets too. The first time I heard of them, I knew I wanted them as some part of our reception. I've heard of the ice cream flavors too. But I've only seen them in candy stores, and they come in a little plastic container shaped as an ice cream cone. But where I've seen them, you get so little for the price you pay. I think you're idea sounds great. Some regular, some sour, some ice cream ones. It sounds like everyone could get something they liked!

Do you know what you're using for bags yet? I've been looking all around for cute little bags of boxes that we could use.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Yeah I love the idea of candy buffets too. The first time I heard of them, I knew I wanted them as some part of our reception. I've heard of the ice cream flavors too. But I've only seen them in candy stores, and they come in a little plastic container shaped as an ice cream cone. But where I've seen them, you get so little for the price you pay. I think you're idea sounds great. Some regular, some sour, some ice cream ones. It sounds like everyone could get something they liked!

Do you know what you're using for bags yet? I've been looking all around for cute little bags of boxes that we could use.
I found this website:
http://www.candyfavorites.com/Cold-S...s-pr-3436.html

and for 10lbs of the ice cream ones is $68 with free shipping, not so bad?
I don't know how many we need, thats the hard part! Just an FYI, sometimes if you need candy shipped in the warmer months, they charge $10-$20 extra for shipping
So I'm looking now so I can save on shipping!

If anyone out there knows of a good candy website, please let me know!

Walmart has great little clear bags for cheap, & they come with ties. I want something simple the guests won't have a problem getting full & tied. I love the idea of the little boxes, but I don't want a ton of them sitting out to be filled by guests, or having them have issues closing them properly, and having millions of jelly beans scattered on the floor

What kind of candy are you looking at having? Is anyone else having a candy/treat buffet instead of individual favors at the reception seatings?