The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

I'm getting married tomorrow! I'm so excited I woke up at five in the morning, I just kept thinking about table settings and my seating charts (actually those were probably dreams). I will post pics when I can!!!
Wow, that's so exciting, all the best! Where's your venue?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! Try to relax and have a great time!

Are you going on a honeymoon, and where?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

I'm getting married tomorrow! I'm so excited I woke up at five in the morning, I just kept thinking about table settings and my seating charts (actually those were probably dreams). I will post pics when I can!!!
That is so exciting! its here!! I am sure you will look and feel beautiful! Best of luck tomorrow! Hurry with the pics too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Maria! I'm so excited for you. Remember, you and your soon-to-be husband are all that truly matter today. If you keep that in mind, your day will be perfect

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's only a small thing, but my fiance and I are going to view a potential venue tomorrow! It makes everything seem a bit more 'real.'

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have less then 10 months to go until our wedding. I'm excited because we have a ton done. We hit a bump in the road. I ordered our favors. They are 2 bookmarks with 2 different saying on them. One set of 100 has a shamrock and an Irish saying, the other 100 has 2 hearts and a "thank-you" saying. They arrived last week and both packs of bookmarks are the exact same thing. They sent me 100 green shamrock Irish bookmarks, and 100 red Irish bookmarks. I was a little unset because the packing slip had the second bookmark on it. I called the company and they are going to send me the missing style. So now I have 100 extra bookmarks. My big worry now is that they will re due the entire order. So I may end up with 200 extra bookmarks.

My fh kept saying I was doing this stuff way too early, but now he's happy we did, so the mistake can be corrected. Oh did I mention we have to put the tassels on the bookmarks ourselves... Maybe I can give that job to him.... hmmm

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

My fh kept saying I was doing this stuff way too early, but now he's happy we did, so the mistake can be corrected. Oh did I mention we have to put the tassels on the bookmarks ourselves... Maybe I can give that job to him.... hmmm
Good to hear that they are going to send you the right ones!!, and you're right, there is no such thing as getting things done too early. It will save you so much stress later on!!

Well.....here is my update

13 days to go!!

Unreal, I can't believe our wedding day is almost here!!

We have been doing our best to relax. Just a few loose ends need to be tied up. Printing the programs (which we are doing ourselves) burning some CD's (were doing our own dinner music) and completing our speeches.

I can hardley wait!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Good to hear that they are going to send you the right ones!!, and you're right, there is no such thing as getting things done too early. It will save you so much stress later on!!

Well.....here is my update

13 days to go!!

Unreal, I can't believe our wedding day is almost here!!

We have been doing our best to relax. Just a few loose ends need to be tied up. Printing the programs (which we are doing ourselves) burning some CD's (were doing our own dinner music) and completing our speeches.

I can hardley wait!!
Wow, Tracy! I cannot believe only 13 more days - seems like just yesterday you were announcing your engagment - how fast time flies!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!!

I booked my reception and ceremony site last friday... I'm so excited! We're having our wedding on the Olympic Peninsula.

My uncle lives over there so it's not a total "destination wedding," but it sure feels like it with trying to figure most stuff out long distance.

However, we went over there last week and looked at sites and got this AWESOME place -- "The Inn" in Port Hadlock -- it's wild! There's an art gallery there and they hosted Gumbi's 50th birthday. The decor is all very vibrant and "modern." We got a great room with French doors that open out onto the marina.

And best of all, we got the date we wanted!! We also decided not to do traditional wedding cake... I'll make a small one for the cake cutting, but we're going to have ice cream pie (made by a shop that makes all their own ice cream) as the "cake."

I'm so excited! And soooooooo glad that things are finally beginning to fall into place!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaleetha

Hey everyone!!

I booked my reception and ceremony site last friday... I'm so excited! We're having our wedding on the Olympic Peninsula.

My uncle lives over there so it's not a total "destination wedding," but it sure feels like it with trying to figure most stuff out long distance.

However, we went over there last week and looked at sites and got this AWESOME place -- "The Inn" in Port Hadlock -- it's wild! There's an art gallery there and they hosted Gumbi's 50th birthday. The decor is all very vibrant and "modern." We got a great room with French doors that open out onto the marina.

And best of all, we got the date we wanted!! We also decided not to do traditional wedding cake... I'll make a small one for the cake cutting, but we're going to have ice cream pie (made by a shop that makes all their own ice cream) as the "cake."

I'm so excited! And soooooooo glad that things are finally beginning to fall into place!
I love driving out to the Olympic Peninsula...what a lovely place to do your wedding!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your venue sounds beautiful!!, it will make for some wonderful pictures

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck for the big day Tracy
- enjoy every minute of it.

We have 344 days to go!

We have added photographer, cars and save-the-date magnets to our "Done" list, plus I am setting up a website with loads of wedding info for our guests.

Yesterday, I went over to France with a friend to visit a bridal shop. Tried on a few wedding dresses for the first time ever - it's so strange to see yourself in the mirror and I got very excited about it all

I'm going to London in a couple of weeks and have the chance to go to a designer wedding dress sale. My sister is going to fly over from Ireland - it should be fun!