So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I'm still moving, and mostof my food and other kitchen stuff isn't over here yet, to the new place, I'm going to venture out to a sushi place in the neighborhood. I also have a couple of other errands to run... if they're both still open...

Amanda

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I baked a bacon and egg pie tonight, which was tasty! Tomorrow or Saturday I'm going to try toad in the hole as I bought a whole bunch of sausages on special.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I baked a bacon and egg pie tonight, which was tasty! Tomorrow or Saturday I'm going to try toad in the hole as I bought a whole bunch of sausages on special.
Still a true blue kiwi at heart, aye?

Just to clarify....was it just bacon and eggs?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking pasta for tonight since I haven't had it for awhile. Most likely with a nice meat sauce, garlic bread and a salad.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'm having pasta with chicken and bacon pieces and sweetcorn.

I love sweetcorn!
Corn on the cob or off the cob? The new corn is just coming out here and I usually have a couple good "feeds" of it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the car is at the doctor's, so I can't do any serious shopping -- just what I can carry 8 blocks -- so, I guess dinner is coming out of the freezer.

That's OK. I have pork tenderloin, and I think I'll roast it whole on the BBQ. BeansBeansBeans, before they pile up on me. Eating them almost every day is really not a chore, because they are soooooooooooo good. And Jasmine Rice.

Dessert? Hmmmm....depends whether the kids join us or not. I have three pecan waffles left from the other morning, which I might turn into a quasi trifle, with some blueberries, but only if it's just us, since both R&A have wheat gluten issues, so the waffles would be a no-go. If they join us, I think the blueberries go over icecream with a little orange brandy.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i got a pound of Clams for my Hubby. He is recovering from surgury and was asking for them. They are expensive, but a good treat is in order.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

i got a pound of Clams for my Hubby. He is recovering from surgury and was asking for them. They are expensive, but a good treat is in order.
Aw, now that's what I call TLC.
Hope it lifts his spirits and he's on the mend.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Still a true blue kiwi at heart, aye?

Just to clarify....was it just bacon and eggs?
I added asparagus to it. And we had to wait ages to eat because my SIL dropped in stayed forever.

Tonight DH grilled a steak which we had with fried potatoes and steamed asparagus. Very yummy, especially when it's served to you!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am actually going to spend the afternoon watching movies, so, I am making a nice big plate of nachos with all the fixings. It's my version of Trash Can Nachos that includes, green peppers, onions, ground beef, tomatoes, lettuce, and tons of cheese with salsa and guacamole on the side.

I also made a fruit salad with some fruit I needed to use up which is just
Peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, banana and dried cherries mixed with a little vanilla yogurt..

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I am actually going to spend the afternoon watching movies, so, I am making a nice big plate of nachos with all the fixings. It's my version of Trash Can Nachos that includes, green peppers, onions, ground beef, tomatoes, lettuce, and tons of cheese with salsa and guacamole on the side.

I also made a fruit salad with some fruit I needed to use up which is just
Peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, banana and dried cherries mixed with a little vanilla yogurt..
^YUM! and pretty well balanced, too, actually.

There's tenderloin roast left from last night, and a bazillion beans, and for a change of pace, I'll probably panfry some nugget potatoes with fresh sage and a bit of cheddar to finish. (The leftover rice is in the freezer, so it can wait for a meal that demands rice.) We killed the ice cream and the blueberries last night, so dessert will probably be TimTams with another glass of wine.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ate ate a new Restaurant tonight. Mom and my sister split a Felet Mignon with green beans and citrus lemon mashed potatoes. I had CRAB AND LOBSTER CAKES which were on top of sauteed spich which was on top of rice Pilaf and served with a Pineapple Curry sauce. That supper was to die for! I also had a BLUEBERRY DROP MARTINI which very good.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhh yum, Cattybird, sounds good!

I finally made toad-in-the-hole, and we had it with cheesy cauliflower bake and sweet corn. OMG, I am bursting!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am making a salmon loaf, asparagus, and savory cabbage with lemon and butter. For dessert fruit salad...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A salmon loaf? Is that like a meatloaf made with salmon?

We are having leftovers tonight. Yesterday I made enough to feed an army, so we'll be eating that for a while!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Roast beef, roast potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli and yorkshire pudding with a thick onion gravy!.

I did my veg in the microwave as Linda and Fran suggested to keep the smell down and it worked perfectly, and it tasted nicer because it wasn't too soft

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't consulted The Boy yet as to which salad he would prefer: Caesar or Greek. It will be one or the other, accompanied by Garlic Prawns.

Glad you liked the results on the veg, Susan.

Status
Not open for further replies.