So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Yup... while everyone else in the country is having cooler temps, we're roasting up here... I still don't have everything over from the old place (moving in 100+ heat is REALLY no fun), so making things is not easy. Fortunately, Safeway is a few blocks away (2.5 from the courtyard entrance to my building)... I went over and got chicken salad, milk, and some microwave meals so using the regular oven won't be necessary for a few days... they say it's only one more day of this... I'll believe it when I can feel it!!

Amanda
Yeah I'll believe it then, too. The soonest I can get to work is 5:30, there usually isn't much mail sorted by that time.

It has to be horrible moving in this weather...I can't even imagine it!
What part of Portland do you live in? My daughter lives in St.Johns. You can PM me if you don't want to say here.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Yeah I'll believe it then, too. The soonest I can get to work is 5:30, there usually isn't much mail sorted by that time.

It has to be horrible moving in this weather...I can't even imagine it!
What part of Portland do you live in? My daughter lives in St.Johns. You can PM me if you don't want to say here.
I was up at 82nd and Sandy... wretched neighborhood... will NOT say what I found yesterday afternoon when I went back up there for another load of stuff (and to wait for Freecycle pick up people)... right next to my front door... let's just say folks here will lose their appetite.

I am now down in the Pearl (ish). Elevator building, ceiling fans, intercom door (no door to door sales people!)... it's nice, so far. The heat isn't making any part of the transition easier. If I thought the cats could handle more trauma (carriers, strangers), I'd haul them up to Petsmart and have them both get a lion cut... but we dealt with enough trauma for the summer... at least for a few weeks...

Chicken salad was good, but whomever made it needs to be more careful about parts of chickens that make it in... I got a piece of bone and a piece of cartilage. Once the heat goes back down, I'll do my own cooking... but I have zero desire to cook tonight... or tomorrow, for that matter...

I'm going to ask for a one day extension at the old place, so I can get things out without dealing with too much heat... I'm supposed to be out By end of day Friday, but with school Thursday and work Friday, and the heat tomorrow (which is a day off) I doubt I'll get everything done and gone and patched up and painted...

Well, back to melting...

Amanda

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
purple rice (I think most places call it black rice), tilapia, and salad with decaf iced tea

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well since we have moved out from the in laws I have been making delicious meals and its much better than eating out, Hubby is loving it!!
last night was my spinach and beef meatballs and tonight it will be spinach and ricotta cannelloni with a salad on the side.
I am also making these muffins to have through out the week for breakfast at work! It is a savoury one and they are sure so good!
Tomorrow night it will be veal scallopine with veggies and roast potatoes.

yummm

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I want to cook up one of the pizzas I have but we're in the middle of a brutal heat wave and warming up the oven isn't appealing right now.
Amanda

Yes...it's crazy hot here! Still 99f. I made a chicken salad this afternoon and that's dinner. Though it's still too hot to eat! I'm melting!

Yup... while everyone else in the country is having cooler temps, we're roasting up here... they say it's only one more day of this... I'll believe it when I can feel it!!

Yeah I'll believe it then, too.
The heat is up in Lotus Land, too. It was 38 C on our back porch this afternoon (100 F -- practically unheard of). I spend my days at the computer, because it's in the basement -- the only not too hot place around here, and all cooking beyond breakfast is on the BBQ. They're saying it's here until the weekend at least.
At least it cools down (marginally) at night.

The chicken tenders and Caesar Salad were good, but I didn't have much appetite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took some vegetarian chili out of the freezer this morning so I am going to have that with whole-wheat toast. Not sure about dessert yet am going to stop by the farmer's Market when I am out this afternoon and see what types of fruit they have on-sale this week.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im almost at "total resentment" for having to make and come up with dinner every single night, so I think Ill make some bagel bites for me, and leave the bf to his own devices!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

Im almost at "total resentment" for having to make and come up with dinner every single night, so I think Ill make some bagel bites for me, and leave the bf to his own devices!
Ugh! Wait until you've been doing it for 18 years! I don't mind cooking, I just hate trying to figure out what to make!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're going to an early showing of a movie tonight, so will probably pick up a pizza on the way home.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Ugh! Wait until you've been doing it for 18 years! I don't mind cooking, I just hate trying to figure out what to make!
AMEN! I've been doing it for 25 years!

Tonight is pot stickers and chicken fried rice.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
smoke salmon sushi! It was divine
A lot of work, but worth it.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

AMEN! I've been doing it for 25 years!

Tonight is pot stickers and chicken fried rice.
what is a pot sticker?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had tilapia (fish), fried shrimp, corn on the cob, and biscuits. It was so yummy and we had ice cream for dessert.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pumpkin soup with a bread roll. I was in class tonight and so only had a 20 minute break to eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Started my 21 Day Detox Diet today so tonight's dinner is going to be a mixed green salad, romaine, spinach, iceberg, cucumbers, radish, tomato, red onion, and red peppers. To this I am adding some cubed tofu that has been marinated in raspberry vinaigrette which I am also using as a dressing. For dessert cantaloupe and watermelon cubes.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another chicken pot pie for me! I think Marie Callender must be slipping some crack in along with the chicken, I am seriously addicted to these things!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pork chops here, too, and I think I'm going to try a new rub (with coffee in it) for them on the BBQ. And we're drowning in Scarlet Runner beans, so we'll have a mess of those, and maybe a few nugget potatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.