So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

A slice of cheesecake for desert, just plain cheesecake, but the best I've ever tasted.
Really fine cheesecake doesn't need to be gussied up. I love it naked too.

And for us tonight, it's Butter Chicken with Pappadums and Gujerati Green Beans. I just realized it's a while since I've done that, so I'll save the Shish 'n' Fips for a night when I don't want to make much effort.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we went out for dinner last night for a friends birthday and i had chicken avocado and mushroom in white wine sauce with fettucini, was quite good may have it for breakfast!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a nice piece of ham in the oven. It is smelling up the house wonderfully. In a little bit I'll go upstairs and stick some spuds in the microwave to bake, and figure out what veg to do -- at this point, I'm thinking green peas. And there's a quarter of a fresh pineapple in the fridge which will be dessert.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm caving in to DH's craving for chili dogs tonight. Not my favorite but he loves it and it's even something he can cook himself. Hmmmmm....now there's a very good idea!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finishing up the veal casserole I cooked on Monday night.
On Monday I accompanied it with 3 glasses of Pinot Grigio
, but I'm abstaining tonight!

My God, we sure do love our food here on TCS!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
basic chicken in the oven. I picked up a 'dismembered' whole chicken at the store this morning. It's in two pans in the oven. Some sea salt on them, that's it. The leftovers will be mixed into other things during the week. Brown rice cooking on the stove... I'll yank a green veggie out of the freezer at some point...

Amanda

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did a Ham and Noodle Casserole last night, which was yummy then and is still yummy for lunch today.

Today is our 19th Anniversary, and we're going out for dinner. We have an early evening commitment, and then a 9:00 pm reservation at The Red Door Click on "Our Cuisine" to see menus. I love this place! Whatever else is on the table (it's ALL wonderful) there will surely be some Shaking Beef.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

A massive sald consisting of baby jersey royal potatoes, iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, sliced hard boiled egg, honey roast ham and dollops of coleslaw
That sounds delicious. What are baby jersey royal potatoes?

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Shish n Fips. I'm braindead today.
At our house we are all about Tarzan and call this Finch and Chimps.

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I did a Ham and Noodle Casserole last night, which was yummy then and is still yummy for lunch today.

Today is our 19th Anniversary, and we're going out for dinner. We have an early evening commitment, and then a 9:00 pm reservation at The Red Door Click on "Our Cuisine" to see menus. I love this place! Whatever else is on the table (it's ALL wonderful) there will surely be some Shaking Beef.
Happy 19th Anniversary. Have a wonderful dinner and evening out!

We are going to our local eatery tonight. We don't eat out often but this place is to die for. The couple that own it make everything on-site from scratch and from lovely fresh ingredients. He used to be a cook in the Canadian Navy and has cooked for Queen Elizabeth, Philip and Princess Diana so you can imagine how good his food must be! As hubby says, we've never had anything there yet that we didn't love. He certainly has a way with food to make it taste wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.